Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade

I don't get it... Is the current MK version a scaled back shadow of the original?

• Disneyland AP

It definitely needs to return. I don't get the issue with the updated music though. It's basically identical. Most people I know didn't even notice until I mentioned it. It's also not the first time they've adjusted the music, so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone. I think it would be great either back in DCA, as it fits the old school feel of the park revamp very well, or back in DL which would be much better. Just bring it back somehow. Even if it was just seasonal, then it could run with a new night time parade, like how they swap between fireworks shows.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    In 2009, the soundtrack was modified for Summer Nightastic at the Disneyland Resort, and imo it lost some of the "electrical" sound that it once had.
    I actally saw it on June 17, 2009 and it was the highlight of our trip. I probably hadn't seen it since the 1980's, but I've had the soundtrack on CD for year and as other people have mentioned...I don't hear much difference. It's still the same song and a great parade.

The most pleasant surprise was that in 2009 when I saw that the parade had moved to DCA and was no longer called the "Main Stree" Electrical Parade, I had assumed they had completely re-vamped the parade and re-did the soundtrack (the way they've "hip-hoped" the Sesame Street theme from my childhood. But it was such a wonderful surprise when the classic music started and I saw most of the same floats I remember from 20 plus years ago.

• Former Churro Jockey

Put me down for a heck no on that one. I lived through the Farewell Season in '96 (even used to have a CM t-shirt that says "I survived the Main St Electrical Parade Farewell Season" in the style of the "I survived Jurrasic Park" shirts that were super popular that year), saw the parade probably a hundred times, and I just can't take it any more. Unlike Fantasmic, which I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching, there is definitely a limit to how many times you can see the parade (and btw, the music gets super irritating after about the 70th time or so).

However, Light Magic did LOOK pretty darn cool, it just had a crappy story and freaky scary pixies doing riverdance on it. I do think it would be cool if they built brand new floats using fiber optics rather then light bulbs and did a 21st century version of the Electrical Parade, and they can keep the music but re-record it live with instruments rather then computerized.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123