Talking Goofy's Kitchen or PCH Surf's Up Breakfast?

Hello,

We are debating on either Goofy's kitchen or Surf's Up breakfast for character dining? We have done the surf's up breakfast and really enjoyed the interaction and food but have heard that Goofy's kitchen has a better variety of characters. Any suggestions on which one is better for characters and their interactions? Also any recommendations on best time to go in morning to see the most characters?
    Thanks!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Goofy's Kitchen or PCH Surf's Up Breakfast?

I've never done the Surf's Up Breakfast so I can't comment there. But I have done Goofy's Kitchen within the last few years and it's such an experience. We had a vacation package so we added on Goofy's and decided to go pretty early in the morning I think around 7:30. The place was pretty empty that early so we got the characters to spend quite a bit of time with us. Also you have to try the peanut butter and jelly pizza, just once to say you've tried it! Since you haven't done Goofy's yet, give it a try!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Closed Account

I haven't been at the Surf's Up Breakfast since before hotel became Paradise Pier Hotel. I'm guessing whatever characters DO show will be beach-themed, such as wearing swim trunks and/or Hawaiian shirts. Having been at Goofy's Kitchen several times, its probably the "purest" experience of characters and always seems to be a wide variety as well. Likewise eating at Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian will give you the smaller characters such as Chip n Dale, and those from Tarzan - more "wildernessy" characters.

Thanks! I think we'll give Goofy's kitchen a try this time! Looking forward to trying the Pb&j pizza!