Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: No Fastpass at Haunted Mansion Holiday??

Of coarse there will be days when demand is unusually high but the queue would have been an even bigger nightmare, pardon the pun with fastpass extending the stand-by upwards of 90-120 minutes. If the queue is too long, the best solution would be to check back later because wait times fluctuate wildly throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

I know there are a lot of FP haters here and I'm not looking for a(nother) debate on the merits of Fastpass....
    Well at least you tried not to start a debate...

• Sock Puppet

the wait was 60 - 75 minutes...and there wasn't any Fastpass to blame for it.
    What time was this?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    Well at least you tried not to start a debate...
    what is that they say about that road paved with good intentions? LOL.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

the wait was 60 - 75 minutes...and there wasn't any Fastpass to blame for it.
    Just because there isn't fastpass available doesn't mean a line can't get long. I don't think anyone believes that a normal stand-by would eliminate long lines and crowds entirely, only reduce them to manageable levels. A 60 minute wait during the first opening weeks of HMH doesn't seem unreasonable. As I recall in previous years that same line was over 90-120 minutes during the same part of the season.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CapacityKing View Post
    What time was this?
    About 4 o' clock.

• MaliBOOMer

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Minion

Disney can say that the wait is 60 minutes or 75 minutes but be completely off, as seen with other attractions. I think these wait times are being inflated, for I have heard people say that the posted wait was 50 while the actual wait was 25. However, for the regular HM I have seen it posted at 5 minutes, but it took me 15-20 minutes to get through the outdoor queue.

• Rock Star Minion

...except that yesterday was the first time I've ever seen the line go almost to the train station - which blocked the entire fountain area - the wait was 60 - 75 minutes...and there wasn't any Fastpass to blame for it.

I find that things are much more pleasant when one can get a Fastpass (and check out the HM Fastpass distribution area, which is very cool) and get into the ride quickly.
    So, there were a lot of guests willing to wait that long.

If no one wanted to wait 75 minutes, then there would not be a 75-minute long line.
    Apparently, it's worth the wait.

What you can do is go early and go on it first.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

For what it's worth:

I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday this past Friday the 20th; the wait time was posted at 35 mins, but the actual wait was 20. This was with the line sticking out the gate and making one switchback by the fountain/FP distro area.

Also, there's a separate line for Jack and Sally's meet and greet by the fountain, and it's easy to get them confused. When I got in line, it looked like we would be snaking all the way in front of the train station, but that was just Jack and Sally's line.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Disney can say that the wait is 60 minutes or 75 minutes but be completely off, as seen with other attractions.
    In my experience the wait times are usually off in the other direction - if it says 20 it's likely to be 30 or 35. That's one more reason I won't get in a line with a posted wait time of an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    So, there were a lot of guests willing to wait that long.

If no one wanted to wait 75 minutes, then there would not be a 75-minute long line.
    Apparently, it's worth the wait.

What you can do is go early and go on it first.
    If it's worth it to someone to wait 75 minutes, that's fine. To each their own. It's not worth it to me to waste an hour in a queue. And since I take mass transit and it's 3 hours one way, there's no way I can ever get to DLR at rope drop. The buses don't even run in my neighborhood at the time I'd have to start out.

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    For what it's worth:

I rode Haunted Mansion Holiday this past Friday the 20th; the wait time was posted at 35 mins, but the actual wait was 20. This was with the line sticking out the gate and making one switchback by the fountain/FP distro area.

Also, there's a separate line for Jack and Sally's meet and greet by the fountain, and it's easy to get them confused. When I got in line, it looked like we would be snaking all the way in front of the train station, but that was just Jack and Sally's line.
    That's really good to know. I didn't see J&S when I was there - and I walked all the way around to the Mint Julep Bar and the train station so I don't think I missed them - but I can easily see how that could snarl up traffic even more.
    Last edited by Malina; 09-23-2013 at 10:27 PM.

• Splash On In

Don't you use a GAC? A 75 minute wait time shouldn't affect you.

I concur that the standby swells considerably due to Fast Pass. I have never seen the queue snake out of the attraction gates except for times when Fast Pass is in use.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

WickedScorp, her GAC is mainly for stairs (if I recall correctly). Malina does not seem like the person who would use her GAC when she doesn't need to simply to skip a line.

I've had no first-hand experience with FastPass at DLR or WDW, however I do know that the similar system at Cedar Point definitely DOES add to the standby line times for their popular roller coasters. I can't help but think it would add to any other ride as well.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Master of Disaster

4pm around opening weekend... no fast passes available... they probably were all out of fast passes for the day and that's why the standby line was 75 minutes!

• Rock Star Minion

How long would you be willing to wait?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast