Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Help with Club 33 for a speical wedding preposal!!! :)

Hey everyone!

I have been on Micechat for a long time having fun reading posts. For the first time it is time to post! My girlfriend and I are huge Disney lovers. Over the past few years I have taken her to every restaurant for a special occasion. This is is very special for us, we always go over Halloween because her Birthday is the 30th and our anniversary is the 31st. This year will be our 5th anniversary and I was to ask her to marry me on her birthday! I was thinking that the one of the only places we haven't been to and might never be able to go would be the perfect place for a once in a lifetime memory. It is also very special because her dad will be with us.

I have tried many possibilities but still have not been able to get a reservation yet. I am hoping someone here might be able to help me, or even give me a new lead to follow. I love my girlfriend more then anything and all I want to do is make this as special as I can! Any help and I would be more appreciative then you could ever know!

Please PM me if you can help, have any ideas, or if you need to know anything about me! Also anyone who has an idea can post here! Thanks everyone for taking the time to ready this!

Re: Help with Club 33 for a speical wedding preposal!!! :)

• Banned User

Is there a reason these types of posts aren't simply banned?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    Why would they be? It's up to the individual Club 33 member as to whether they'd want to accommodate the request. I don't see the issue.

*after edit*
    Not sure if anyone actually ever helps them out of course. It's likely just wasted electrons blowing in the wind, really.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Minion

People will continue to post, mods usually remove them.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Actually they are banned. Moderators often delete or lock these threads.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I agree.
    Personally, and this is just my opinion, I find those type of posts or requests a little galling. If a person does not have a membership or does not personally know someone who does it comes off as sounding like begging. If someone can't go, they can't go. Spend your money more wisely at Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose.
    BTW - the OP sounds mysteriously like another recent C33 request post.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    People will continue to post, mods usually remove them.
    Or just post the standard response that members pay a whole lot of money and are responsible for the guests they take or get in and the odds of one of them being willing to jeopardize their membership for a complete and total stranger is about a billion to one.... but ask anyway coz you won't likely get a response.

Depends on the mod of the mod at the time and how many other things are more important to deal with at the time... or who is online at any given moment and how they want to deal with it...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Hello everyone,

Well kinda the response i expected. However I will say this. Why do you get upset? This does not affect you in any way. I post this here in hopes I might find a little magic. Isn't that what the Disney experience is about? People have had the good luck in the past to be helped, that is what I am hoping for. This response is not to get anyone upset. All I want you to think about is if you were going to propose to the love of you life, whether you have already, are going to, or haven't found that person yet; wouldn't you do anything in your power to try to make it amazingly special. I mean really think about what you would do. wouldn't you think it was worth posting on a forums even for a distant chance. I like looking at posts on the forum and found it to generally be a nice community. I was just throwing this out there to see on the smallest chance if I could make this a reality. I was hoping worst case I just get best wishes from people who enjoy Disney as much as we do. I apologize if I bothered anyone, that was never my intention.
    Last edited by Purpleandginger; 09-23-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

• Hooterville, USA

It never hurts to ask.

Welcome to MiceChat.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    It never hurts to ask.

Welcome to MiceChat.
    Thank you

I very much appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleandginger View Post
    Hello everyone,

Well kinda the response i expected. However I will say this. Why do you get upset? This does not affect you in any way. I post this here in hopes I might find a little magic. Isn't that what the Disney experience is about? People have had the good luck in the past to be helped, that is what I am hoping for. This response is not to get anyone upset. All I want you to think about is if you were going to propose to the love of you life, whether you have already, are going to, or haven't found that person yet; wouldn't you do anything in your power to try to make it amazingly special. I mean really think about what you would do. wouldn't you think it was worth posting on a forums even for a distant chance. I like looking at posts on the forum and found it to generally be a nice community. I was just throwing this out there to see on the smallest chance if I could make this a reality. I was hoping worst case I just get best wishes from people who enjoy Disney as much as we do. I apologize if I bothered anyone, that was never my intention.
    There is a sense of community on the forum and it is a bit like a stranger showing up in a new town and asking to come into your house for supper. A bit of tact and decorum goes a long way. I have lurked a good bit and post where I can as I don't live near Disneyland any longer. Hopefully some of what I share someone will enjoy and find some benefit in.

Introduce yourself, share some of your Disney experience, if a Disney proposal is that important to you then make it happen. Just because Club 33 is not a part of it doesn't mean you can't make it a dream come true. Come up with your own unique idea, something that has not been done before. Ask for ideas, there is a vast resource here, don't get hung up on one thing.

I proposed to my wife the day of our first Disney trip. I couldn't wait until we got to the park. Our first trip together to Disney was with her as my bride to be. We have been married 20 years and by the grace of someone that I owe a debt of thanks to I was able to surprise my wife with a Club 33 anniversary to make up for not waiting until we got to the park to propose.

The moral of the story is, if the proposal works out and Club 33 doesn't try again in 20 years. Best of luck to you on all counts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleandginger View Post
    Hello everyone,

Well kinda the response i expected. However I will say this. Why do you get upset?
    I wouldn't say people get upset, just tired. There are 1-2 posts like your a day here. I do wish you the best, and a few suggestions would be piloting the Mark Twain, my oldest son proposed at sunset while circling the Rivers of America in the wheelhouse, or by Snow Whites Wishing well...

Sometimes it is difficult to understand why someone won't just make a reservation for a person on the boards. I mean, "it's just dinner", right? But you have to look at the money factor. First, the initiation fee the member has paid is upward of $25000 for a newer member. Then the annual dues of $11K. Now, factor in if the guest does fails to pay their bill, breaks things, acts up, the member is the one billed. For a few examples:

From May 18th....

"By the time our dessert was served it was closer to 10 pm and the dining room was clearing out and bussers were clearing dishes and re-setting tables. And here’s where the evening got weird. A busser came to our table and began to clear our dessert dishes; and his back was to the loud party of 5 mentioned earlier but my back was to the French doors and I had a full view of what happened next.

One of the people at the party of 5 table stood up, turned around, left their table, walked to a table that had been re-set, picked up one of the big charger plates with the gold 33 in the middle with one hand, picked up the fancy napkin and put it where the plate had been with the other hand, and walked back to her seat with the plate.

Yep, she stole it.

Just like that.

I was dumbfounded. Stunned. Flabbergasted. Astounded that someone would DARE to steal something at Club 33, let alone this GIANT PIECE OF CHINA. All I could say was OMG that woman just took that plate.

Now, the busser was still picking up our dessert dishes. The culprit had evidently waited until he passed their table, then made her move while his back was to their table. He heard what I said, and said to me Did you just say you saw a guest take something?

I said yes, that woman at that table has one of your charger plates on her lap. By now the others at the table were giggling and one of them said Now you’ve got yourself a souvenir. The busser must have heard them.

He said Do you mean our under plates? I said yes, the big one you take away when you bring the appetizer. (I call it a charger. I have a set of inexpensive gold ones from Costco, and the box they came in said set of 8 chargers. So that’s what I call them.) He asked me which seat the culprit was at, and left with our dishes.

By now DS13 was just apoplectic that this woman had stole the plate; and wanted me to confront the culprit and I said no, I’m not going to do that; someone who works here knows what the issue is and they can choose how to respond. I thought I gave him an appropriate response. No way was I going to confront anyone! But I was furious. Club 33 is a nice pace! I had no idea if these people were members, or guests of members. Regardless, why would you steal anything from Club 33, let alone a huge decorative plate? If you’re a member, you risk getting kicked out. If you’re a guest, you risk getting your host kicked out! Plus, you risk getting caught and arrested for theft. They give you the ink pen when you sign, and you can take all the bathroom paper towels, swizzle sticks and chocolates they bring with your bill that you want, plus there’s merchandise to buy for souvenirs. From reading these message boards, Disney does not mess around with shoplifters or people who steal. They have a lock-up on site at DL and will call the Anaheim PD and have you arrested. This woman was crazy, inebriated, or both.

Then, the culprit left her table with the plate; and when she came back, she was with one of the men who had been at her table. I hadn’t noticed him leave the table; and he was carrying a gift bag – as if they had celebrated a birthday, and someone had brought a present in their own gift bag. It was large and easily could have held the stolen plate. Somehow, they had likely (allegedly?) transferred the plate to the gift bag. She picked up her handbag and they all quickly left their table.

Our server Alistair came with our bill and said I understand you’ve seen some excitement tonight! I said yes I have. Good - our busser had already spread the word. A few minutes later, a hostess CM came over and asked me what I saw and I repeated what I said to the busser. Good -if they want my statement, then they are doing something. We paid our bill; lingered a bit and then left our table. Other than this crazy woman stealing china, it had been a lovely evening.

As we walked past the bar, the party of 5 was grouped around a CM near the harpsichord who was speaking about the instrument. The hostess who had spoken to me was standing nearby; and there were other CMs milling about. It appeared they were trying to stall these people. We stopped to buy something from the merchandise display case; and DS13 and DS19 left to ride the Haunted Mansion. They told us later when they walked past the hostess downstairs, she was on the telephone and they heard her ask for Security Dispatch. After we purchased our items and exited, there was a security CM downstairs with the hostess. Good. Somehow there will be consequences for these people. Oh, how I wish I knew what happened after we left!!!"

From May 19th:

"They really know how to do it at Club 33. While we were ordering, Fantasmic was going on, so it was LOUD as we were seated in the corner, and had both French doors on both walls open. All of a sudden SMASH!!!! one of the door is slammed shut and a pane in the adjoining door is broken!!! Thank heavens they have a lamination on the glass or we would have been covered in broken glass. The servers and managers came over to inspect and ensure we were not hurt. It was the drunks who were sitting to the tablet next to us who were at fault, goofing off on the patio. I'm amazed their sponsor (they were NOT members) didn't lose their membership over their horrible behavior throughout the even, and their descent into further and further inebriation and poor behavior. "

Then, last November, we were at the Club for dinner, and we were seated 2 tables from a "young family". Seated at the table next to us were 2 elderly couples, one couples first time, celebrating the other couple's anniversary. The "young family" consisted of mom and dad, with 3 kids, ages about 18 mos, 4yo and 7yo. The 18 mos old had mom's number as when he screamed, she gave him anything he wanted. The 4yo wasn't much better, and the 7yo couldn't figure out how to stay in his chair. The 4yo wanted to be in dad's lap, and threw a fit every time they tried to have him sit in his seat. The servers did their best to get food to them as fast as possible, but neither mom nor dad were really getting a chance to eat, as the kids' really took everything. After an hour or so of this, dad took the kids out on the balcony, and they proceeded to run and jump up and down the balcony (which could be felt inside! Never had that happen before!) The elderly couples were quite upset and were complaining to their server, as were people from 2-3 other tables. I overheard a server telling the table next to ours, the sponsors would be notified.

Members are responsible for their guests behavior, both financially and on the books. Yes, there are posters here who have been granted a reservation, but they generally have more than 2 posts. They have engaged on the boards so people have gotten to know of them, at least know what they reveal in a few thousand posts.

I'm sorry if this hurt your feelings.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Welcome to the boards, pull up a chair and stay a while and get to know us. We are a friendly bunch (a little rough around the corners at times, but good people all around).

Wish you the best in finding an opportunity to dine at the club.

• Selfie Expert

Good luck! Such wishes have been granted before, but as others have explained I hope you can understand why it rubs some the wrong way.

Just thought I'd throw another suggestion out: A thread was started recently with a proposal where a dinner was arranged on a balcony at Grand Californian. I think it was called a "sweethearts dinner"? I would link back, but I'm rather lazy, and it was within the past couple days so you should be able to find it. It looked like an amazing experience! And honestly, that was the first I'd heard of such a thing! I've added it to my bucket list, myself, and I'm sure your girlfriend would have her breath taken away with such a unique, intimate experience.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast