Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Your choice of Good Neighbor Hotels

We will be staying at one of the Good Neighbor Hotels during our next trip to Disneyland. We have a few places on our list we'll be considering and I would like your reviews (the good and bad) to help us make our decision before booking our stay. Thanks so much!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Your choice of Good Neighbor Hotels

The Anabella Hotel. By far the best. Clean, not too far, and the staff are top notch.
    Almost feels like a high-end resort without the high-end price.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I am staying at the Holiday Inn (near the mickey and friends parking lot) Never stayed their before, so ill report when were back!

Anyone else stayed at this location?

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    The Anabella Hotel. By far the best. Clean, not too far, and the staff are top notch.
    We didn't have a good experience at the Anabella when we stayed there for D23 Expo weekend. First, they gave us the wrong keys for our room. I found a spider on my pillow. And our last morning there, we had a cockroach in the bathroom.

The Hilton right by the Convention Center is nice, although a little pricy.

We stayed at the Fairfield inn and thought it suited us nicely. The Pizza Hut express is good for grabbing something quick to eat.

All we wanted was somewhere to shower and sleep and watch a couple hours if TV and it suit us perfectly.

• The doctor is in

I really like the Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It's close, clean, Disney themed, it has nice accommodations, and the rooms are nice. It has a cafe inside with a game room, too.

The best thing for me was the computers in the lobby with free internet. You can use them when they're available and print airline tickets, etc.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

My favorite is on Harbour Blvd, the Camelot inn and Suites. The rooms are clean and super comfortable, roomy, well-appointed and the beds are really comfortable. I slept great. It was a 5 minute walk to the security tent, no exaggeration. The only downside was that the complimentary breakfast was pretty lackluster, but there is a McDonald's right next door.

As with any hotel where the rooms lead directly outside, try to get a room as far away from the stairs and elevators as you can.

I was not impressed with carousel Inn and Suites next door and would not advise staying there.

• Down Pluto!

How much time will you spend at the hotel? Lots of time, naps, clothing changes, activities, swimming, laundry? This makes a difference...

We like HOJO a lot but last couple times they priced themselves out of our budget. They were also a bit farther away than our next choice - Anaheim Plaza. Book months in advance for cheaper rates. We spend as little time there as possible. Sleep, shower, got to the parks until they close and return - repeat. Spending an additional $50 a night for that seems not worth it. Also, they are right across the street from the old parking lot entrance, and just a short walk to the esplanade.

So, what are your hotel requirements, and how much time will you spend there?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Where has everyone found the cheapest place to book the accommodation through is? Disney website? Hotel website? Travel agent?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    Where has everyone found the cheapest place to book the accommodation through is? Disney website? Hotel website? Travel agent?
    I have never had a problem finding a good deal through the Disney website, but that is while booking a vacation package with tickets and hotel. If you are doing just the hotel you might be able to find a better deal directly through them or a separate travel website like Expedia or Travelocity. It's all in the research! Look around and compare.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

I go through a travel agent because I have airfare as well and like having someone to call if things go wrong. I've found the price to be the same as it would through the airline or Costco.

Candy Cane INN. Great place good price, free breakfast decent walking distance, close to 7/11 and mini mart

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Absolutely 100% agree with this - we stay there every time we visit (unless we get a smoking deal on GCH)!

Edited to add that I've stayed there about 20 nights in the past year, and have never found a bug in my room.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• No Disassemble!

I've been going to the Hilton Anaheim Suites for the past three years and have never had a problem there. It's about two and a half miles from the resort (near Angels Stadium) but you can get a two room suite for the same price (or less) as a single room at the Hilton by the convention center. The hotel is a direct stop for the ART buses. It runs along route 14 and is one of three non-DLR stops. The wife and I like this place the most because every room has a queen sized fold out bed in the living room for the kids.

I would vote for the Anabella Hotel but every time I've tried to get a room there they've always been booked.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Check hotwire.com for booking these hotels, you dont know exactly which hotel you are getting but you know the star rating and general location, I have found their rates to be 20-50 cheaper than other deal sites per night! If you can find a good deal on the Hyatt that is my favorite hotel in the area and they have their own shuttle which is very convenient

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast