Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Ever done Grizzly River Run at night?

I still haven't gone on GRR, even during the day! I do love Splash at night, and my record is twice in a row, hahaha. It is pretty awesome when they CM's just say, "do you want to go again?"

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

I must say, I never was fond of doing GRR at night for the obvious "freeze to death" reason. I went on recently, and it was a really unique experience compared to the usual daytime ride. The caves are pitch black, thus adding the element of surprise to the ride. Along with that, the sight of seeing DCA at that height at night is simply breathtaking.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I've never done GRR at night but I totally want to now! Splash is awesome to ride during Fatasmic and Casey Jr is the best at night during the fireworks! Especially if you are able to get the caboose! It gives you a view not a lot of people get!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Seeker of Fun

GRR at night is great..lots of anticipation as to when you'll get soaked!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I did tonight and it was AWESOME!!

There's an added element of fun/suspense in not being able to see quite where you're going or how rough the waves are gonna be, but still giving the illusion of moving through a forest river at night. Plus, that second tunnel is DARK at night, a good 5 seconds of pitch black. The geyser field at the end looks great too when backlit at night - you just come out of the final drop and go into this mist cloud.

On another note, my pass is expiring (I can't afford to renew it right now for budgetary reasons) so I spent a few hours tonight and last night at both parks getting those last few rides in. I got two runs on GRR in, which I was glad for because my wife refuses to go on that ride because she hates getting wet.

At least when I can go back again the novelty will have return and I ended this AP run on a high note.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    One trip, my daughter and I rode splash mountain TWELVE times in a row. Towards the end, we were the only people in the log, and never even got out, just round and round and round. We were a bit soaked, despite ponchos.

That all sounds like so much fun!!! I wish Disneyland was open longer at night.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I did tonight and it was AWESOME!!

There's an added element of fun/suspense in not being able to see quite where you're going or how rough the waves are gonna be, but still giving the illusion of moving through a forest river at night. Plus, that second tunnel is DARK at night, a good 5 seconds of pitch black. The geyser field at the end looks great too when backlit at night - you just come out of the final drop and go into this mist cloud.

On another note, my pass is expiring (I can't afford to renew it right now for budgetary reasons) so I spent a few hours tonight and last night at both parks getting those last few rides in. I got two runs on GRR in, which I was glad for because my wife refuses to go on that ride because she hates getting wet.

At least when I can go back again the novelty will have return and I ended this AP run on a high note.
    One trip, my daughter and I rode splash mountain TWELVE times in a row. Towards the end, we were the only people in the log, and never even got out, just round and round and round. We were a bit soaked, despite ponchos.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    GRR is awesome at night. You just have to deal with getting wet but no big deal for me. Splash mountain is awesome as well. one special night time I did was this last New Years I was on RsR right at midnight and saw all the fireworks go off while we were about to hit the cave. The on the racing portion we saw the fireworks going off. Couldn't have planned it if I tried! Also the line was only 15 mins long at that point of New Years Eve which was awesome!!!!!!

I want to try this now, too! Once we got on Small World during the fireworks. We didn't even realize they were starting, but when we came out of the tunnel at the end of the ride we could see them going off. That was a pretty fun surprise!

I've actually never done it during the day. Am I missing much or should I just stick to walk-on nighttime rides?

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    That all sounds like so much fun!!! I wish Disneyland was open longer at night.
    11pm is pretty late...

• Minion

I love GRR at night! It's almost a tradition with me and my group of friends. Gives you a nice view of DCA, not to mention how eerie, spooky, and suspenseful it is at night. When Carsland was still testing we were able to see it with all the neon lights on...really cool experience.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I've actually never done it during the day. Am I missing much or should I just stick to walk-on nighttime rides?
    During the day, you get all the "uh-oh, is it gonna be me? No, it's you! WAIT STOP SPINNING!" But I would think that this might be the dialogue for many night runs as well. There's also the factor of being able to dry off a lot faster during the day.

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

It was fabulous!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

11pm is pretty late...

When we go the park usually closes at 9 I think? On days when they offer things like the Halloween party I think it was around 7 or 8 that it closed. Granted, if we wanted more night time hours we could go on the weekend or during summer. Even still, I love night time at Disneyland so much 3-5 hours of actual lit up darkness just doesn't seem like enough.

The all night events sound awesome, but I hear they turn into such a crowded mess it wouldn't be worth it, especially since we don't live in California.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

When I was younger..id wait to go on this ride at night because there was nooo line...I do the same with Splash Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I still haven't gone on GRR, even during the day! I do love Splash at night, and my record is twice in a row, hahaha. It is pretty awesome when they CM's just say, "do you want to go again?"
    GRR is the largest ride of it's kind in the world. I'd say you owe it to yourself to go on at least once.

I've never been on a total Splash go-around, but last time I went to Knott's Berry Farm the park was almost deserted and my wife and I went around on the Log Ride three times!

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    During the say you can definitely see more of the great scenery and get more of an idea of how you're moving, but it's not drastically different.

• A Weather Eye Open

I would love to ride it at night, but I just get SOOO cold and can't deal with being wet! Maybe once day I will do it and bring a change of clothes!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast