Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: The New Market House...

I'm going to have to go in there to see if its as bad as people say...but I went in there before and was never impressed by it before...it was a small shop that sold coffee it was never anything more from what I could tell

It's my job to have fun and enjoy DLR.

Imagine if we all had had this attitude from 1995-2003.
    "Oh the Columbias kleet came off, flew off and killed someone, but I'll still try find fun at DL!"
    "Oh, Thunder derailed twice, but DL is still fun!"
    "Rocket Rods destroyed TL but DL is still fun!"
    "Tiki marquee fell down, but DL is still fun!"
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa......................dangerous thinking.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^wait is there something unsafe about the new coffee house?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post

"Oh the Columbias kleet came off, flew off and killed someone, but I'll still try find fun at DL!"
    That is not an accurate comparison. Most of those examples are accidents in which people were harmed, of course we should be careful and highly alert of things like that. However, in the context of this thread, people have different viewpoints on what Disneyland means to them. To a purist, perhaps redoing the Market House is the worst thing to ever happen while to a casual fan, like me, it is okay. That is not dangerous thinking at all. It is his or her viewpoint.

• Disney Philosopher

What is needed is more Starbucks one on ever corner, maybe even change the coke corner or the emporium or maybe one in Lincoln, so it can more accurately reflect MAIN ST. USA. Thats what this America looks like now.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Disney Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^wait is there something unsafe about the new coffee house?
    yes, 1000's of people walking around on controlled susbstances...maybe even texting at the same time.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Non-Minion

are you serious, right now?

1. Don't insult my intelligence, I don't appreciate it or the way that you just came at me.

2. I am not employed at Disneyland therefore I am not going to walk around with a clip board and hard hat being terrified of every single little outcome that could possibly happen. I can get killed on the way to Disneyland and never make it...should I just not drive a car? I seriously don't even know what you are trying to get at? Should I not have fun at Disneyland? I'm sorry, I paid a huge wad of money to go somewhere where I shouldn't have fun with my friends and family, maybe I should cower in a corner instead.

Back to the topic:
    from the pictures it looks great to me. I agree with the other posters; I would rarely go to the original MH so seeing it changed doesn't really bother me. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Singing Drinker

For me honestly it comes down to whether you feel the store was fulfilling it's mission before.

As a themed merch location, I'd say it was about a quarter successful previously - it failed at providing decent coffee (I tried it, it was awful, insert Grumpy Cat gif here)and due to the congestion of people wandering and browsing being forced to cut in and through the queue they frequently failed on service. My views and all, but to me the only thing the store accomplished was being a well themed venue for a series of unthemed merch sales. Beyond that, the status of "coffee shop" or even "unique merch venue" were debatable at best.

Now? At least it serves better coffee? If they lost some of the theme in exchange for a place customers can navigate and purchase the products offered there in a reasonable manner, they've still fixed one of my major issues in the old Market House. Beyond that, if what they sell and how they sell it should not be a reason for updating the store then why have it be a retail outlet at all? Why not have themed "stores" along Main Street that are JUST there for deco and provide a themed, interactive environment?
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

oh please there were MAJOR themematic and show issues from 95-03! Not just safety. Tikis was DILAPIDATED. That show was on its last legs. Small World sets and dolls looked awful. All the faded paint on Main Street and Toontown. The Disney Store Emporium. Sorry, if we had had the attitude of some of the fans of "Just go and enjoy it! Have fun! Pay no attention!", we'd still have Paul, Cynthia, T. Irby, that Pollit guy. We can NEVER go to this robot like complacency again.....EVER. And Colglazier is TOTALLY setting himself up as Pressler 2.0

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

This whole thread kind of makes me think......does this make DCA's Starbucks the best out of the entire bunch (DL, MK, and EPCOT) in terms of theming and seating?

• Non-Minion

oh please there were MAJOR themematic and show issues from 95-03! Not just safety. Tikis was DILAPIDATED. That show was on its last legs. Small World sets and dolls looked awful. All the faded paint on Main Street and Toontown. The Disney Store Emporium. Sorry, if we had had the attitude of some of the fans of "Just go and enjoy it! Have fun! Pay no attention!", we'd still have Paul, Cynthia, T. Irby, that Pollit guy. We can NEVER go to this robot like complacency again.....EVER. And Colglazier is TOTALLY setting himself up as Pressler 2.0
    Funny...I had some of my most memorable trips to Disneyland with my gf and another couple during that time. Not once did we complain about how bad Disneyland was, all we talked about was how much fun we had, we would go at least twice a month and it never would disappoint.

To each their own. I respect your opinion and all but we definitely have two VERY different perspectives.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    This whole thread kind of makes me think......does this make DCA's Starbucks the best out of the entire bunch (DL, MK, and EPCOT) in terms of theming and seating?
    Probably. Which isn't saying much as I was never impressed with the Pig Cafe, which at least started as a Starbucks.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Why the assumption that people who enjoy Starbucks coffee are incapable of enjoying good theming? That is completely illogical and quite frankly, not true and borderline ad hominem.
    How is it not true? Have you polled every single Starbucks drinker? Most probably do enjoy theme but to say that it is not
    true that some possibly don't give a hoot is completely illogical itself.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I'm not impressed with the Pig cafe, either, but it's kind of in a corner and I don't often see it unless I'm specifically headed there. It's kind of bland. I like the Craftsman style wood, but it's still kind of meh. They want you to get your coffee and get out, and in that, they succeed. I've never sat down in it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    Funny...I had some of my most memorable trips to Disneyland with my gf and another couple during that time. Not once did we complain about how bad Disneyland was, all we talked about was how much fun we had, we would go at least twice a month and it never would disappoint.

To each their own. I respect your opinion and all but we definitely have two VERY different perspectives.
    While some may be able to enjoy the park in spite of deterioration, if it weren't for those who speak up against further deterioration, it would be happening at a faster pace, eventually to the point where even THEY would notice.

If no one challenges ongoing slippage, management would continue to make short-sighted, bottom-line based decisions that would result in a much reduced quality park experience.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast