Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Holiday innanaheim in the park,and red roof inn questions please.

Holiday inn anaheim at the park,

1221 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California 92805, United

I was told its 3 star. if you have stayed here, please tell me what it was like and if you liked it. I know its by thefreeway, but it was pretty much the only available one left thru the disneyland travel company. ( I went thru them as I found an excellent deal on the whole package ( priced seperatly for any motel would have been hundreds more)
    please fill me in. thanks

Also the red roof in was an otion, but I am not sure about it. please if you haveany info I would be so grateful!
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 01-27-2006 at 01:45 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Holiday innanaheim in the park,and red roof inn questions please.

This should help:

TripAdvisor link 1

TripAdvisor link 2

Both links contain a number of reviews on the hotels. Scroll down a bit and you'll see them.

• Freshman Member

I stay at the Red Roof everytime I go to DL. Nice rooms for $60 a night. Shuttle, blocks from DL, no hassle.

• Banned User

I booked the holiday inn anaheim at the park , but want to know where the best rooms are located in this motel ,what floor, and the quietest. thanks again.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Stayed at Red Roof once. It's decent, rather quiet too. Didn't take the shuttle though, walked to the park (big mistake). It's not bad for the budget traveller like me.

• Goofy is the man

I stayed at the Red Roof Main Gate and it was hideous!!! I will never stay there again. The room was filthy and when we told the front desk as we were leaving they told us they would take care of it that day while we were gone and they didn't. We were also told the shuttle ran all day and found out later that it was certain hours and if you wanted it at a different time you had to prearrange it. My vote is to stay at the Candy Cane if it is open. I know others have stayed at the Red Roof, but I will never go back.

• Banned User

I went thru the disney company, they said everything is booked solid for my days. Theonly two open, were the holidayinn, and the red roof. could that be true? we spent the hour on the phone with them at the travel agency.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Depends on when you're going and how long you're going for, and maybe what's going on then.

I don't know who at Disney that your travel agent was talking to. You may want to look around online or call WDTC reservations yourself to see if you get the same story. Chances are if you're getting some kind of discount promotional package, and it sounds kind of like you are, there could only be a small number of participating hotels and you're late to the party, so you have to pick from the left-overs.

• Banned User

ok, I paid for this motel ( see above) and I wanted to know if any of you know what the best room would be to get away from highway noise. since I am not there to see the place I want to be able to reserve the best room I can before going, any idea's ?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Park in 2000. It was OK back then. Our room faced Harbor Blvd, and wasn't too noisy.

I don't know how quiet the rooms facing the freeway are, but unless they have extra noise insulation I expect that they would be noisier than the rooms facing Harbor or Ball Rd.

Also, this Holiday Inn does not have a stop for the ART bus, and does not have a shuttle to the park. The closest ART stop is by the Days Inn on Ball Road, which is a bit of a walk. It might just be easier to walk to the parks directly.

BTW, we are planning on staying at this Hotel in March. They have a very good rate (mid 50's) if you pre-pay. It seems like al other places nearby are charging much more (HoJo's is charging $90+ these days).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Park in 2000. It was OK back then. Our room faced Harbor Blvd, and wasn't too noisy.

I don't know how quiet the rooms facing the freeway are, but unless they have extra noise insulation I expect that they would be noisier than the rooms facing Harbor or Ball Rd.
    are the rooms facing the harbor side over looking the park? I always heard that oneshouldget a room on the top floor so no noise from kids jumping on the floors would be a bother but how about down on the first floor by the pool ?

BTW, we are planning on staying at this Hotel in March. They have a very good rate (mid 50's) if you pre-pay. It seems like al other places nearby are charging much more (HoJo's is charging $90+ these days).
    Correction: HoJo's is charging $113, with the LaughingPlace AP discount!

• Banned User

Also, this Holiday Inn does not have a stop for the ART bus, and does not have a shuttle to the park. The closest ART stop is by the Days Inn on Ball Road, which is a bit of a walk. It might just be easier to walk to the parks directly.

what? Iwas told by the disney company there is the art, and also it shows on this page there is the art .
    http://dlresortinfo.com/ART.html
    Route B
    Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
    Best Western Stardust
    Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
    Days Inn Anaheim West
    Holiday Inn at the Park

• Banned User

ok, I got worried, and I called. they have there own shuttle and it runs all day and is 2dollars per day per person. so nowI amhappy! no art and I can go right to the park without stops. yeah!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast