First Holiday Visit

I am an avid Disney fanatic! But after all of these years I am finally getting to DLR in December and I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!!! We will be there December 5th, 6th and 7th. Any tips? I will be traveling with my husband and our 16 yr old son, as well as my 24 yr old son, his wife (her birthday is Dec 5th) and my 12 month old granddaughter. Also tagging along will be my mother, my sister and her 13 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son. The last time I made it to DL was three years ago - I know SOOOO much has changed. I need a list of must do's. We know about Radiator Springs and Little Mermaid. Is Indiana suppose to be up and running? I went looking for the calendar at Disney.com but even that site has changed. I want the calendar! So many questions,...will Aladdin be playing? what are the park hours? Help!
    Deedlebug

Re: First Holiday Visit

Holidays are amazingly fun! My birthday is the Dec 8th so we try to go then also. Here is the link to the calender. However it only goes a little over a month out so we wont be able to see those dates just yet. Once they are up you can see what the park hours are and what rides are down!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/

Indy is up and going and fun as always! However Big Thunder Ranch is down. It is supposed to be up on Oct 31st however it might be down longer, no one is sure yet >.< Make sure for Radiator Springs get a fast pass right in the morning! They are gone for the whole day by the early afternoon. If it has been three years the new star tours is up for you as well, always a fun one to go on. One of my favorite things to do in that time of year is go to DCA and go to the pier. I love the clam chowder bread bowls on a colder day. It is a awesome lunch at a good price!

As for must do's it depends on what your favorites are. For the Holidays shows are a ton of fun with parades and such. World of Color is amazing even if you have seen it before! I personally love rides so I try to get on as many as I can. Just so you know fast passes are being enforced now. So it you have one that says be back between 1:00pm-2:00pm they wont let you on after that time like they used to. Haunted Mansion is always a fun one to go on during the Holidays. Also all the different foods! I love going up the shops and just trying random holiday things. Its a small world has the holiday set up also if you want to go on it. Also the new Fantasy Faire is open, this is a fun place to check out!

Ill try to think of some more!

Will this be your first visit with all the folks in tow?

With the diversity of your group, and it being Christmas decor, three days may not be enough. My concern is all the photo opps for the family with all the Christmas decor in the park. My take, for you, on your first Christmas visit, and you being a fan, is = "WOW, I didn't think it was going to be this decorated" I think your number one goal is how am I going to photograph everyone together in front of floral mickey, THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!!, main street swag, N.O. Square Swag, toontown swag, And my on my, IASW lights, Christmas fireworks, ( have to see it twice) the Christmas parade ( have to see it twice). and this is all without any consideration for Christmas in DCA

Thanks for the tips! So excited to be heading back to DLR!!!!
    Deedlebug