What to do before Halloween Party?

Hello everyone. So I will be attending Mickey's Halloween Party for the first time tomorrow and have a couple questions. I am probably gonna be entering the park at 4 p.m. as that is the earliest I can go in. But before that I was thinking of just spending lunch time around downtown disney. I was thinking of eating at the rainforest cafe as well. I was just wondering if there are any suggestions on how to kill a few hours before the Party? Are the any cool stores or dining places I should check out? Thanks

• Under that tree again!

Re: What to do before Halloween Party?

I would suggest waiting to eat until 5. The parks will be tremendously busy from 5 to 7 so it's a good time to sit down and relax, rather than walk in droves of people and wait in huge lines. Having a reservation is a good idea because the dining location will have big lines as well.

Before you get into the park. Sure wonder through DTD. Also check out the hotel lobbies and pool areas.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

How about the old Disneyland artifacts and Autopia car on display at the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel?

I don't much like the food at Downtown Disney, but you can also dine in one of the hotels. Storytellers is a good option, and the Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55 lounges are nice although I don't know when they open.

BTW, between 4pm and the actual start time of 7pm, ride HMH and Ghost Galaxy. Don't save them for the actual party because they will have the longest lines.
    Last edited by The First Star; 09-26-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Hmm I didn't think of that. Thanks for the idea

Napa Rose opens at 5:30 pm, so that might be a bit late if you don't want to miss any party time.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel is a lovely place to relax and look around, if wanting a more snack-y meal and a beverage.

• -

Go play games at ESPN Zone. They also have one of the best cheese steaks around. Also the baseball season is winding down so they are sure to have a game on.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former Churro Jockey

If you haven't eaten there before, I think Rainforest Cafe is one of the absolute worst restaurants I've ever eaten at, so I'd definitely suggest something else. Jazz Kitchen is my favorite, or as others have mentioned try Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian or Trader Sams at the DL Hotel.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I know this advice is too late to aplly to the OP, but I'm sure many other first timers will stumble upon this forum seeking advice. My advice would be to go into the parks and start doung rides with shorter/managable wait times. That way, you can spend more time enjoying the party exclusive stuff rather than waiting in line to get on an attraction that will be there the next day.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!