Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Fall/Halloween at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Oh Barbaraann I'm totally excited for you. We got to go one year at Halloween time and it was a real "treat".
    I'm looking forward to seeing your trip report!!

Scott
    Thanks. This vacation is coming up really quickly, and I am getting super excited to see Disneyland in all it's Fall glory. I need to get my camera, and all my memory cards ready for all the picture taking that I am wanting to do.

I really appreciate it when other MiceChatters look forward to my vacations as much as I do.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

In two week's time, I will be almost boarding the plane for my trip.

I recently joined United's mileage program, but I don't really understand how those sort of things work. I guess I should read up on those. How often does a person have to fly before they really get any benefit from such a program. I also don't understand these credit cards that offer you mileage as a reward for your credit card spending. I guess I should do my homework.

Anyway, in two weeks I will be arriving in ANaheim late in the day, and just may be able to visit Disneyland for a few hours in the evening. I am getting really excited to be seeing the park again.
    Pop Century Resort

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

So sad that we likely won't get to see you this trip. Add me to the list of those get excited for your visits! I love seeing your photos and as much as I love Disneyland (and WDW for that matter), you recharge my enthusiasm with each visit. Have an amazing time, dear lady!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    So sad that we likely won't get to see you this trip. Add me to the list of those get excited for your visits! I love seeing your photos and as much as I love Disneyland (and WDW for that matter), you recharge my enthusiasm with each visit. Have an amazing time, dear lady!
    Thanks. I am doing a short trip, and since I pay less points with my timeshare during the week, I am avoiding the weekend. I am already planning a weeklong trip for May/June, and if perchance MiceChat has their usual celebration in January, I am hoping to come then as well.

I am getting old, and not exactly sure how many more years I will feel comfortable traveling to California by myself, so my husband says "GO". So, I plan on visiting as much as we can comfortably afford.

I love Disneyland, and I always look forward to the possibility of connecting with as many of My MiceChat friends as I can.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have just 12 more days until I board an airplane at Ohare Airport, and head to Santa Ana in Orange County. I don't mind spending a little bit extra to fly into the John Wayne Airport, rather than the LAX/Los Angeles one. I have not been to LAX, since I started traveling alone. I don't drive, so getting a shuttle from John Wayne Airport is a lot easier.

I have been watching the weather, and it looks like I just might be able to pack a pair of shorts for my trip. I guess I'll cover all the bases, and pack some longer pants as well. The temperatures have been pretty nice here in Chicago. Anaheim has had some nice sunny and warm days as well. I hope it stays that way during my trip.

My camera is all ready, and I have 4 memory cards all ready to go. One for each day of my trip. I am looking forward to seeing WOC this trip, since I missed it last time. I have also not seen the new Princess stuff.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My plane does not land until just after 6 p.m. on Monday evening, October the 14th. Chances are that by the time I get to my hotel and check in, and find myself some dinner, I will most likely not visit Disneyland on my first night, despite the fact that it is open til 10 p.m. that first night. Traveling days are always a pain, but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do, if you want to visit Disneyland. I just won't get on an early morning flight. There just aren't that many options from Chicago to John Wayne Airport.

I have been reading the Disneyland calendar, and I do need to get myself some sort of plan. There's a lot of entertainment going on that I don't want to miss. There won't be any fireworks, or Fantasmic during the weekday nights that I will be there, and that's fine with me. It should make for more relaxing evenings, where I can have more time for rides.

There are just 9 more days until my trip, and I am looking forward to some great California weather.
    Pop Century Resort

• Dreaming of next trip

The weather is normally warm at this time of year, but it can get chilly if things work our right.
    It is best to come ready for all types of moderate weather.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

With current Santa Ana Winds we have been having, it has been nice during the days and a tad chilly in the evenings. For me, I can get away with shorts during the day but change into pants at night. My husband can still stay in shorts all day and night, lucky duck.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It does look like I will be putting at least one pair of shorts in my suitcase. The extended forecast shows temperatures in the 80's, during the day, for the days that I will be there. Definitely shorts weather for me. I can always squeeze a light sweater in the small backpack that I carry. The parks will not be open too late on the days I am coming, so I should be fine. I won't be standing, and watching fireworks, although, I am hoping to watch WOC on my first night.

My hotel, Dolphin's Cove, called me today. They asked me at what time of the day I would be checking in, and if I preferred any particular location at their resort. I did ask for a ground level room. It is a whole lot easier on my knees. I like staying at Dolphin's Cove. I will continue to do so, as long as I find availability with my Wyndham points.

There's only 8 days until my trip.
    Pop Century Resort

• Indiana Scott

It's an odd feeling getting to the resort area in the late evening. We drove a couple of years ago and got there about 7:30 PM. I kept feeling like we should be doing something but it was really too late for anything. Still, that feeling we should be playing nagged at me and kept my energy level up.
    The atmosphere around the park area is just kind of electric!

When we fly we tend to arrive just after opening time (off peak 10:00 AM) and end up getting a whole day out of the park.
    It's a real joy to have breakfast at home and lunch in Disneyland the same day.

On a side note, it can get pretty cool at night this time of year. You may even wan't to pack some gloves and a scarf.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A few people have asked me why my trip is so short this time. Actually, my last trip was a 10 day one, and my average trips are a week in length. My 66 year old body can't do as much, in a day, as when I was in my 50's. I love the parks, and I figured that three full days in the parks this time, was certainly enough to soak up all the "Halloween" that Disneyland/DCA is offering.

I need to check the Disneyland/DCA daily calendars, and do just a small bit of planning. It's good to know the offerings that are there, before I arrive, so I know what I do not want to miss.

One more week until my trip.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today I do laundry, and the first items to go in the washing machines are a few Halloween shirts that I own. I figured they would be perfect to pack for my trip.

6 more days until my trip.
    Pop Century Resort

• I'm wishing

It's great to see that you will be out here next week!! I hope you have a wonderful time and maybe I'll even get to see you while you are here. Looking forward to your Halloween Time trip report and pictures!

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I hope you have a great time! I look forward to a trip report and pics! The fall/Halloween season at DL is so much fun!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

With five days left before my trip, I am usually packed by now. I guess that I should check the weather one more time, and begin putting things in the suitcase. I did get to the bank today, and I withdrew enough cash for my trip. I bring just enough for my meals, and some emergency money. You never know what might happen on a vacation.
    Pop Century Resort

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast