Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Countdown to Fall/Halloween at Disneyland

I first visited Disneyland on July 16, 2005, so I have been there in the Summer. I have been to several of MiceChat's Anniversary events, so I have been there in the Winter. I visited just prior to the opening of Carsland, so I have been there in the Spring. I can now scratch Fall off my list, because in just 17 days, I will be visiting Disneyland again.

Halloween isn't what it used to be. When I was a kid, Halloween was a one day event. Now, it is celebrated in a big way. Hey, people on the city block where I live, put up huge Halloween displays. Pumpkins, and Fall decorations are abundant. I am looking forward to seeing Disneyland's displays.

Join me now, as I count down the days to my next trip. It might be the shortest Disneyland trip that I have ever taken, but I am expecting it to be just as wonderful as all my past ones.

I am arriving on a Monday, and I leave for home on a Friday. So, technically, I only have three full days in the park. In the past, all my trips have averaged at least a week.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Fall/Halloween at Disneyland

We are making a visit on Saturday, Oct 19th..too bad we will just miss you! But we are super excited to be visiting in the halloween season too. I won tickets off a local radio station enabling our visit. I keep going over the Halloween threads, posted information, pictures, treats, just everything. Super excited!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There is always a certain excitement here on MiceChat once the Halloween decorations start going up. I am sure the excitement is even more so in the parks. It will be fun to be part of it this year, instead of just reading about it at home here in Chicago.

I became an Annual Passholder back in January, and so I decided to make this shorter trip. 3 days in the parks should be enough for me to get lots and lots of Halloween pictures, and my fill of Fall Fun.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

YAY! I was wondering when you were going to have your next Disneyland trip! I love reading your trip reports! Hopefully we can expect another after your October trip? Hope you have a great time, and I can't wait to hear about it!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Going to any of the Halloween events Barb?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Disney Geek wannabe

Hey We will also be there from the 13th thru the 16th!
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    A.A. Milne

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post

YAY! I was wondering when you were going to have your next Disneyland trip! I love reading your trip reports! Hopefully we can expect another after your October trip? Hope you have a great time, and I can't wait to hear about it!
    I expect to take lots and lots of pictures. It is one of my favorite past times when I come to Disneyland. Yes, even more than riding the rides. I usually allow one memory card per day for my camera, and I must not forget to pack lots of AA Batteries. So glad that my newer Nikon camera takes the AA batteries, instead of the others ones that I had to recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Going to any of the Halloween events Barb?
    Since I purchased an Annual Pass back in January, I am foregoing the Halloween Party, due to the extra cost. That just means that on the Tuesday of my trip, I will have to get out of Disneyland by 6 p.m., I believe. However, I checked the hours for that day, and Disneyland opens at 8 a.m, DCA's hours are 8 am until 8 p.m. I am planning on seeing WOC on that night rather than spending the extra money for the Halloween Party.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMommaApril View Post
    Hey We will also be there from the 13th thru the 16th!
    Perhaps our paths will cross.

I am traveling from Chicago alone, but you just never know who I might bump into while I am there.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Dreaming of next trip

We will be there the 14th through the 18th.
    But we will be going to the party on Tuesday. In fact that is why we go to DL in the fall.
    The Decorations are great I think you will love what they do to the park.
    I will try to get some good shots of the Party and post them in my next trip report.
    Have a great time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    We will be there the 14th through the 18th.
    But we will be going to the party on Tuesday. In fact that is why we go to DL in the fall.
    The Decorations are great I think you will love what they do to the park.
    I will try to get some good shots of the Party and post them in my next trip report.
    Have a great time.
    Our vacations are almost identical in length. If you see an older lady wearing a "Barbaraann" nametag, that would be me. Don't hesitate to tap me on the shoulder and say "hello". I will be the woman who stops at every opportunity to take pictures of everything that I see.

I look forward to seeing your pictures when you post them.

Enjoy yourself at the Halloween Party.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Have a great trip! We're going the week after you (again). Do you have any type of countdown tradition? We link paper rings with characters on them, and then we take turns removing a piece each day. Whoever removes the link that day has to either do an imitation of the character, or come up with a fun fact about them. It adds to the excitement.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's just me, so I haven't any tradition except making these threads.

I do remember making chains with my boys when they were young, and we would count down the days until Christmas.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My ART passes arrived in the mail yesterday. I still had a one day pass left from my last trip. So I ordered a 5 day, a 3 day, and 3 more one day passes for use on not only this October trip, but also the next trip that I am planning for May. ART gives me a discount because I am over 65. It is nice to have a ride back to the hotel especially on the nights that I stay til closing. Dolphin's Cove, the hotel I am staying at, is a far hike from the entrance of Disneyland. It is located on Orangewood, which is near the Denny's restaurant there.

I actually liked that Denny's restaurant a lot the last time I traveled. It was very convenient to have breakfast there, before boarding an ART bus for the park. The ART bus stop is right in front of the Travelodge hotel.

Sometimes I eat breakfast before going to the park, and on the mornings when I leave super early, I wait and eat later. It is so nice how Disneyland actually has restaurants where you can get breakfast food. It is much different than Disney World, where breakfast strategy is different. All the hotels have food courts, of course, but pretty much without an ADR, you will have a harder time finding breakfast food in the four themeparks.

My Disneyland vacation is just 15 days away.

May 11 - 16, 2015

My husband and I are taking our 6yr old grandson the 13th-17th, and will be going to the Halloween party on the 15th. First time for my husband to go during Athe Halloween season. I'm super excited, and it will be a surprise for our grandson since we haven't told him where we are going for this vacation. a little concerned about the new DAS since my husband has an artificial leg and a bad knee, and have really appreciated how easy the system was in the past for us. Hope it's not as big of a hassle as it sounds

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake View Post
    My husband and I are taking our 6yr old grandson the 13th-17th, and will be going to the Halloween party on the 15th. First time for my husband to go during Athe Halloween season. I'm super excited, and it will be a surprise for our grandson since we haven't told him where we are going for this vacation. a little concerned about the new DAS since my husband has an artificial leg and a bad knee, and have really appreciated how easy the system was in the past for us. Hope it's not as big of a hassle as it sounds
    Traveling with a grandson. I did that back in 1997 with my husband and my grandson who was 4 years old at the time. We went to Disney World. It was also my 50th birthday, at the time. I had a marvelous first Disney vacation, and my grandson and I, shared many Disney vacations after that.

I wish you and your family a marvelous time.

I, too, am super excited to be there in the Fall of the year.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Done with MC.

Oh Barbaraann I'm totally excited for you. We got to go one year at Halloween time and it was a real "treat".
    I'm looking forward to seeing your trip report!!

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast