Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gay Days at Disneyland Resort Oct 4,5,6

Details about this years gay days at the Disneyland resort in October:

Schedule

Re: Gay Days at Disneyland Resort Oct 4,5,6

Looking forward to it! Always a great weekend!

• Down Pluto!

It used to be a lot more fun when everything was not all Halloween - all the time. That has lessened the fun for me, creating a weird mash-up.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I'll be there all weekend! Looking forward to it

Best time I ever had at Disneyland was a Gay Night long, long ago.

The CM's were at their finest! Folks were friendly and NO STROLLERS! (Though glad that gay folks are doing more parenting these days, I am also glad when adults have dedicated grown-up time and can discard stereotypical adult behavior in favor of being silly.)
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

So with these gay days are they really organized from their website? I know the one in Disney World is usually in June or so. But do a lot of people come to these things specifically? In other words, if you were a family going to Disneyland on that particular Saturday would you notice a difference in the, crowd, I guess you can say? Or would it just seem like it is another big organized tour going through?

Because these "days" are at seemingly every park once a year and I know Disney doesn't endorse them by the looks of it so is it really just a bunch of gay people (and I assume a LOT) that mark this day on their calendar as a day that the gay community organizes a trip to Disneyland?

Serious question. I'm striaght so I have no interest in intentionally going, but I have just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    So with these gay days are they really organized from their website? I know the one in Disney World is usually in June or so. But do a lot of people come to these things specifically? In other words, if you were a family going to Disneyland on that particular Saturday would you notice a difference in the, crowd, I guess you can say? Or would it just seem like it is another big organized tour going through?

Because these "days" are at seemingly every park once a year and I know Disney doesn't endorse them by the looks of it so is it really just a bunch of gay people (and I assume a LOT) that mark this day on their calendar as a day that the gay community organizes a trip to Disneyland?

Serious question. I'm striaght so I have no interest in intentionally going, but I have just wondered.
    its been pretty organized the last few years

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    Folks were friendly and NO STROLLERS!
    So straight people w/kids don't go for some reason? I'd be all over that. Easier stroller parking for us.

We always go on a Sunday during the kids fall break so we can stay for fireworks. The last couple years it has been the same as Gay days, and will be this year again. To me it seems like a pretty normal somewhat busy day at Disney. Only differences I see are more colorful clothing, and an occasional very flamboyant person. Kids don't care, don't even ask questions, they are to busy.

• the rockawho?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post

disneyland is usually pack on "Gay Days".....the lgbt community usually wears red and pink to show their support....

i was told gay days are among the most profitable days for disneyland....disneyland doesnt officially endorse it, but they are very accommodating and friendly towards these type of events....i think this particular "unofficial" event brings in more people than any other unofficial event combined (bats day, dapper, etc etc).....

you can expect all types of people there on gay days: gays, straights, males, females, disneyland characters, single people, married couples, families, etc....

i went on a gay day several years ago and everyone was wearing red and white....i would say 75% of the crowd....the anaheim angels made playoffs that year so there were thousands of people wearing angel shirts and Jerseys..and the lgbt community was wearing red to support their cause....

•   
    • Minion

I've been to Disneyland during Gay Days. Last year the night I went to the Halloween party coincided with one of them.

Honestly, the only thing you will notice, in my experience, are lots of people in red shirts. The folks you'll see in the park, both with and without red shirts, are regular families with kids, seniors, adults, teens...it's really no different than any other busy day at Disney.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I'm sad that I will miss this year's weekend. Have fun, everybody!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Its dots bad that they do not do the private after hours party in the park. The last year they did it was at California Adventure the year before Tower. Of Terror opened

It is always the first weekend in October, and tons of fun! Just like any other day in the park! It's just a bigger family reunion

Disney does have a minimum dress code, and generally enforces it. I have to say the last 2 years we ended up going the Sunday of the event, while some clothing was "colorful" and some perhaps tasteless, I did not see anything downright offensive and everyone seemed to behave themselves. We will be going this Sunday because it is our only chance to see the fireworks during fall break. I am not concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast