Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Your personal all time best and worst visits to the park

My visit this past May was probably the worst I have ever had. Two words: Grad Nights.

Apart from that I don't think I can pick an absolute best visit. My most recent trips as a teenager/young adult are probably the best for me because I remember all of them. I went in 2005 on a school trip, in 2006 with my mom, in 2008 during Thanksgiving with my parents, in March 2012 with my best friend, and a trip last October for my birthday. I loved Halloweentime.
    All the times before then I was with the whole family and my siblings always made things difficult. Being there for the opening of Indiana Jones was cool, though. My parents took us to celebrate their 25th anniversary.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Minion

Worst: probably the time the park was so crowded that I left very quickly without doing anything, save eating (a really BAD) dinner. I just gave up. If I want to count a time that I actually stayed in the park, there was one visit where I was with a friend who had a very different Disney style. She was all "I don't want to do this ride," "I don't want to meet characters," "I don't want to do that ride" and wanted to spend way too much time at the restaurants. She wouldn't compromise on really anything, and I just didn't have fun at all. We are still friends; I just know never to go to Disneyland with her again if I can help it.

The best time: another tie. There have been a few times where I've been totally stressed, I've gone to the park on very slow days and walked on the rides, have spent a lot of time just meandering and have left completely refreshed and ready to face the world again.

There was also a magical visit in 2006 when I won a Dream Fastpass, spent 14 hours at Disneyland/DCA and ended up doing almost every single ride in both parks
    Last edited by Malina; 09-28-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

The best would be July 16, 2005. Went to the park all day and then got in line for the camp out for Disneyland's 50th!. Spending the night in DCA was a interesting expierence to say the least but worth every sleep-deprived second.

The worst would be the next day, lol!
    Only because me and my friends were sooo tired and we had to wait in line for that "I was There" pin and we missed the rededication ceremony at the castle. Then about an hour later after we got our pins the four of us had a major blow up basicly about what to do next. I wouldn't trade it for the world though!
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Any time I've had the privelege of visiting, even with my own hard earned AP, has been a great time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Fan View Post
    The best would be July 16, 2005. Went to the park all day and then got in line for the camp out for Disneyland's 50th!. Spending the night in DCA was a interesting expierence to say the least but worth every sleep-deprived second.

The worst would be the next day, lol!
    Only because me and my friends were sooo tired and we had to wait in line for that "I was There" pin and we missed the rededication ceremony at the castle. Then about an hour later after we got our pins the four of us had a major blow up basicly about what to do next. I wouldn't trade it for the world though!
    I didn't camp out at DCA, but we did arrive there about 5:30 a.m., and were able to enter Disneyland at about 8 a.m. My mistake was following the signs to that "Dreaded Pin Line" I honestly did not ever think, it was going to take me over 4 hours to get my pin. I was not alone. My party of 5 people all waited with me as well, and we talked to many other people as we inched along toward the eventual buying of our pins. The pin is now tucked away in my pin bag. I am glad I have it, but I will always think of the experiences I missed because of it.

The rest of my Anniversary Day was fun. In fact, the rest of that vacation was super great. Especially the night that I saw Tinker Bell fly.

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

Best would be the visit i had two weeks ago to DL.
    A solo venture that was a self-made themed tour related to a famous Imagineer.
    Bet you can guess which one...

<

'Worst'...if i can even address it as that, would have to be my first visit
    to DCA in 2007.
    Not only was the Park a dissapointment, but i was with a small group of people and it provided some challenges.

• Indiana Scott

The best for us was 2002. This was our developmentally disabled sons first visit and he had no idea what to expect but once the adventure started, the look of aw and joy on his face was something I'll never forget.
    The worst have been our last two yearly trips. Sadly I've seen the Disney magic and the overall condition of the parks diminish to the point that I won't go back for a very long time.
    I'll return when I see some semblance of passion again.

Best: My wife and I spent a part of our Honeymoon there from 10/24-10/27/2011. Everything just went RIGHT. Including our Club 33 dinner.

Worst: One More Disney Day 2012 4/29/12 just got ridiculous after 2 am... we left at 4. The recent Friday the 13th thing was frustrating to navigate as well. I've never left the park feeling it was a complete flush, though.

• world class bilge rat

My best time at DL was right on the heels of the absolute worst time of my entire life.

In 2005, I was 48 and my daughter was 11. My wife of 25 years passed away on June 16. This was not exactly a good time for either one of us.

In September the same year, my daughter and I were sort of getting back into real life, and we were talking about fun things to do. I piped up with 'I know; lets go to Disneyland, just you and me'. The last time she was there, she was about 2.

While this certainly promised to be tons of fun, it was a bit scary as well. I had never planned anything like this; my late wife had always done it all.

I researched hotels, and found several close by (the ones on Harbor). I booked a room at the Desert Inn (still not knowing very much about any of this kind of stuff....lol), and we drove the 10 hours there. She slept a lot of the way.

When we got there, we had the perfect room. It had two parts with a wall between them; hers and mine.

DL was an absolute blast!! Most rides were walk-ons, the weather was great, we wore ourselves out, but enjoyed every second of it! If I live to be 100, this trip will be one of the highlights of my life. It could not have been any better.

The following May was a close second, this time it was me, my daughter, and 5 of her friends (yes, me and six 12 year-old girls). Same room; my part (with a hide-a-bed) and the girls' part (with 2 queen beds). Everyone had the time of their lives. None of the other girls had ever been to DL before.

I don't have a specific worst time, but with the ever increasing crowds, each trip is a bit less enjoyable that the last.

• MargyDisneylandLover

Okay best day would have to be November 14th 2012...I have been many times to DL but this trip was just super special...I took my parents who both were not in the best of health and my disabled brother who was 24 for one last family vacation....we just had an amazing trip. First time seeing all the Christmas stuff and cars land was incredible!!! So the last night was the 14th and mom and brother went back to the hotel so it was just dad and I. It was like I was 5 again with daddy.. we went on small world so magical that time of the year. Then he scooted down through fantasyland and I followed and we parked about half way down main street and watched the fireworks...then it started snowing..pure magic!!!!! Sitting in Socal sharing a churro with my best friend and it was snowing!!!! Amazing!!!

Worst trip....had to be spring break 2004..I was a junior in hs and I had started a new med and I was soooo sick that trip. basically got sick after every meal...the trip wasnt all bad but just the worst i can remember!

(p.s dad and I have both been trying to eat better and live better he has lost almost 40 pounds and I have lost 59....so when we go this year Nov 11th-15th we will even have a better time then last year :-D)
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Best:
    Taking my sons on their first visits. My oldests's first trip is why I am now a fan. The runner up was the surprise birthday present to the park my wife and boys gave me a couple years back.

Worst:
    Havin my son wipe out on the concrete face first 100 yards from the park entrance. Busted tooth and plenty o' gore for that trip. First runner up was last year when my kids after a year if excitement were happier to go back to the hotel room than be at the park. Second runner up was a my sons 2nd visit a few months afte his first. Christmas time in all of its glory until the rain. My wife was adamant about leaving when it was pouring. I think I saw her looking for divorce attorney's numbers until we left

• Mouseke-Awesome

Best visit:
    Was about in 2007-ish, I went with my step-family (my step-dad's side) and some extended family & friends. It was in mid-November so it was just before Christmas time at the parks. It was also very cold, and very rainy. The best day in particular was when it started pouring sometime after lunch and the park was basically empty. I put my hoodie up and I felt like I had the park all to myself!! I took the most fantastic shots of the park in the rain and walked on many of the rides (Most of the rides in Fantasyland and Peter Pan in particular). That's why I always don't mind rainy days at the park

Honorable Best Visit Mention:
    My first visit in 1988! I was just 4 years old but I remember quite a bit. Like tripping on Main Street and Mary Poppins helped me up.

Worst Visit:
    Grad Nite 2002. Ugh. I feel like I sholdn't even count it because I've tried to erase it from my Disneyland memory bank. First off, it was SO CROWDED. I know I've heard different stories and I guess it's all when the school schedules or whatever, but I think it was over-scheduled or something. We started off the night at DCA (It was still a brand new park) and then moved over to Disneyland after a few hours. The lines were horribly long, I got separated from my friends, AND to make matters worse I was planning to "make a move" on the guy I liked and I lost him in the sea of seniors. On top of that, when I was waiting on Pirates (the only ride I think I got on that night), I saw him coming around on the boat sitting next to another gal (who didn't like me for the fact that I liked him...long story). I ended up falling asleep on Main Street until my friends found me and dragged me to the busses home.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Singing Drinker

Worst is easy - and probably the most common "worst". Coming down with something intestinal after about four hours in the park. Turned into four days of one of the worst flus of my life. "Aw, you'll be ok, it's just a little headache..."
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former Churro Jockey

I guess a "next worst" for me would be my grad nite as well. First of all, in 1995, every high schooler smoked, so there was this haze of cigarette smoke all over the park. Indy had just opened that year and the line was down to Main St. I also really noticed how different the park felt with no kids there. I realized that watching little kids have a good time was part of why I liked the park so much even as a teenager. I still enjoyed myself for the most part, and in fact one of my favorite memories was a hypnotist comedian that Disney had at the Aladdin's Oasis, but as we were leaving the park at like 4:50AM we saw that the line for Indy was down to the entrance of the temple. We had to be at the bus at 5:00AM but having never been on Indy before and not knowing how long the queue was once you were inside the temple, we thought we'd hop right on the ride and maybe be a few minutes late to the bus but that was all. Well, as you know, the queue is still 45 minutes long once you're actually inside the temple (at least, it was pre-fastpass). Every time we turned a corner we were expecting to see the ride vehicles and we just kept entering more new rooms. We talked about leaving probably about 5:30AM, but we didn't because we thought that we must be just about there by now. I rememeber looking up at some of the holes in the roof of the queue and seeing that it was daylight and being pretty freaked out. We finally made it on the ride and back to the bus about 6:00AM. Thankfully, the bus waited for us (in retrospect, they probably had to). Everyone else on the bus was pretty upset because they'd been waiting for an hour. Someone in our group mumbled something about being stuck on a ride that had been broken down, and I just found a seat and pretended to go to sleep.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Blew By You

So many specially good days, but recently we took an impromtu weekend visit and stayed in a close by hotel. It was our daughter's first extended stay and she had a great time over the weekend. Her favorite times were when we ate the comp breakfast and got waffles for breakfast.
    I think the worst time I had was when I got talked into going to Disneyland and I knew I wasn't feeling well that day, but I got the ol' "...better to be sick at Disneyland than stay home..." speech. So I went but the flu got worse as time went by. It was a struggle just to walk, so I parked myself in a corner table at Village Haus, and ordered hot tea and water. I stayed there for over 5 hours before the others came by and took me home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast