Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Philosopher

Re: Your personal all time best and worst visits to the park

Unlike the rest of you, my Grad Night 1974 was the best, until the Dream Suite last year..

Worst...my first visit when I was about 6 mos. old. Didn't remember a thing.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

I very rarely have a bad visit to the park, but there was one occasion where I made a special visit just to see the long lost friends at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Just as I was walking down the trail en route, I got a call and had to leave the park. I was on property for less than 30 minutes. But I've never had a day where I felt it was spoiled by something that happened on property.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Best visit was my first date with my boyfriend. He had never been before, and the weather was threatening all day, so the park was practically empty and we rode Space Mountain 8 times. (I have since made it clear to him that this is NOT typical!)

Worst visit was a few years ago, when a good friend was in town, and it was her, her friend, myself, and my then boyfriend. Four of us were riding together, I was driving, and we wanted to go for rope drop. The night before, I caught my then-boyfriend in an enormous lie; we got locked out of his apartment and missed our special screening of Nightmare at El Capitan; the following morning my car got towed, and we got lost on our way to Disneyland. When we finally arrived, my friend told me that during all of this commotion, her boyfriend (who was back home) broke up with her via text message (!). Even though parts of the day were fun, we both agree that had been the worst visit ever.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Best....this is kinda on the sad note but right after 9/11 happened...the park was empty and when my family came to the park I was a preteen and all the rides had 5 min waits...i went on Big Thunder over 10 times without waiting...it was an amazing trip

As for worst....It was on my 21 Birthday I went with my friends and this girl I liked. I was just trying too hard to make the trip amazing and not enough time enjoying the day....I stressed over too much and in the end did not have that good of a time

Best: Pulling the sword out of the stone
    Worst: losing my wallet on Indy

There have been plenty of good memories during my many visits to DL and I have been going since I was 2 years old. When I was five I got to play Duck Duck Goose with Snow White and the dwarves. Things like that never happen anymore. Watching Splash Mountain under construction. My brother and I couldn't wait for it to open. He sent me a letter while I was at camp when Splash Mountain finally opened.
    I also loved the few times I got to meet famous Disney artists and authors at the wonderful Disney Gallery. My favorite was meeting Marc Davis. I had been ill most of the summer with pneumonia and my mom suprised me by taking me to DL -the first time I had been out for a while. I showed Marc a couple of my sketches and took a photo with him. Just amazing.
    There have been a few bad times. The ones that stick out are a very hot Saturday in August in 1998 (?) when the park was packed to capacity and DCA construction was causing havoc. My friends and I ended up griping and picking fights with each other. The other time was during the 2003 Christmas season. I had the beginings of the flu and got progressively worse as the day wore on. Ended up lying down at First Aid for a while. The freezing cold weather and rain didn't help either. I was sick for 2 weeks after that visit.

• Selfie Expert

Best: February this year. It was our first Dapper Day, we got to dine at Club 33 for the first time, ride the Lilly Belle, spend time with friends... it was just absoltuely amazing in every way.

Worst: This past trip was the worst due to weather and me being pregnant. We still did some AMAZING things and it was still a fantastic trip, but if I had to choose a "worst" I would have to point to this one. I just couldn't hang.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Oh yeah... the time I almost got hypothermia was nice. It was an unusually cold winter night in Anaheim and I'd failed to dress warmly enough (I was wearing a hoodie, a long sleeve t-shirt under that, jeans, hiking socks, sneakers, a hat, and gloves) and a few hours before park closing I got chilled and couldn't shake it... it was like someone was holding a giant icicle to my back. I was shivering, teeth chattering, and I got so cold I was in pain.

I excused myself from the my party, went back to my car and sat there with the hot air and seat heaters running for about 30-40 minutes and then didn't go back out. My fault but man I learned my lesson that every now and then it does get a little cold in CA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123