Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hickory Ridge, Illinois
    Posts
    135

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Pay 40 bucks to see a character....whoo love Disney
    This isn't really fair or accurate. It's not, in fact, "pay 40 bucks to see a character". You state that like there is a little tent, and a $40 admission is charged JUST to see Roger Rabbit. And then once you see him that's all you got for $40.

    That's certainly not reality.

    I think your gripe is that that Halloween party costs "40 bucks", but that's certainly not a charge just to see Roger. The party is so much more than that, and Roger just happened to be something they brought out for fun.

    It almost encourages Disney NOT to ever bring out any fun surprises because of gripes like yours. Much easier for them not to ever do anything fun or spontaneous so they don't have to listen to "pay 40 bucks to see a character" from you.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Troutdale, Oregon
    Posts
    376

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    On the other hand, if Disney WANTED to charge $40 for a photo with Roger Rabbit and donate the money to a charity in honor of Annette Funicello, it would be awesome.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Well, I highly doubt griping about "40 bucks for a picture" with Roger Rabbit encourages Disney to bring Roger out more often.

    So, if people want to see Roger out more often...then maybe it's better not to gripe when he comes out. Especially if the griper is like the one in this situation, where he's complaining about something that isn't even really happening (since Disney did not in fact actually charge "40 bucks" for just a picture with Roger).
    Maybe it is his own way of expressing that he does not care for the Halloween parties. There's nothing wrong with doing that here. It's his opinion. I don't personally agree with it, but he still has the right to speak his opinion out loud regardless of if Disney is influenced by it or not. There will be things that other posters say that you strongly disagree with, I understand. But telling them to just not express their opinion at all would make the debates on here very uninteresting. Btw, welcome to MiceChat.




  4. #19

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Maybe it is his own way of expressing that he does not care for the Halloween parties. There's nothing wrong with doing that here. It's his opinion. I don't personally agree with it, but he still has the right to speak his opinion out loud regardless of if Disney is influenced by it or not. There will be things that other posters say that you strongly disagree with, I understand. But telling them to just not express their opinion at all would make the debates on here very uninteresting. Btw, welcome to MiceChat.
    If he dosen't like the Halloween parties why not just say 'I don't like the Halloween parties'. His comment was along the lines of '$40 to meet a character' when in reality that is not what a Halloween party is at all. This is a discussion board remember, BradyNBradleysMom also has the right to discuss her opinion as much as JerrodDRagon has to his.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    If he dosen't like the Halloween parties why not just say 'I don't like the Halloween parties'. His comment was along the lines of '$40 to meet a character' when in reality that is not what a Halloween party is at all. This is a discussion board remember, BradyNBradleysMom also has the right to discuss her opinion as much as JerrodDRagon has to his.
    That is the way he perceives it. It is hyperbolic, yes, but it is fine to express it that way. I'm going to go off topic, but in the Market House thread, people were saying that the new Starbucks being added to it screamed a modern mall, although I personally thought it did not look like that at all. I certainly disagreed to the hyperbolic statement, but that is the way they perceive it. It just has to be accepted, and perhaps debated civilly, not dismissed. And yes, BradyNBradleysMom definitely has the right to her opinion as well, as long as the opposing post is not merely dismissed as "griping" or complaining.




  6. #21

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,755

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Saying that, has anyone ever met Mr Toad?!
    Was Mr. Toad ever a walkaround character? I don't think so. I've never seen any photos of a walkaround Mr. Toad. If I'm wrong I would love to see photos.

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Was Mr. Toad ever a walkaround character? I don't think so. I've never seen any photos of a walkaround Mr. Toad. If I'm wrong I would love to see photos.
    that would be a treat if they did




  8. #23

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    As someone else mentioned, they brought Roger out for the "bunny hop" dance on Main Street at Easter and that was free...if he gets a positive reception they might consider bringing him out more often, including more non-ticketed events.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hickory Ridge, Illinois
    Posts
    135

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    As someone else mentioned, they brought Roger out for the "bunny hop" dance on Main Street at Easter and that was free...if he gets a positive reception they might consider bringing him out more often, including more non-ticketed events.
    I really hope so. He's such a fun character.

    Seeing that picture by the OP with Roger just made me smile. I remember when Roger first came out we all thought he'd be one of Mickey's friends and that it might become 'The Fab Six" (or renamed "The Super Six" or something), with Roger right up there with Goofy and Donald as friends of Mickey.

    He is just such a teriffic design, and is so expressive and lively. I hope in the future we get more Roger and that maybe Speilberg and Amblin will relax the embargo on Roger's usage and that Disney can send him out more.

    I wish he could have become the official mascot for DHS.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hickory Ridge, Illinois
    Posts
    135

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    On the other hand, if Disney WANTED to charge $40 for a photo with Roger Rabbit and donate the money to a charity in honor of Annette Funicello, it would be awesome.
    WOW. What a genius idea for a fundraiser. I really love that. I'm going to pray that maybe someone in public relations at Disney picks up on that idea for the future. Maybe the anniversary of her passing. They maybe could have other rare characters available too, including some with a connection to Ms. Funicello.

    I sure like the way you think!!!

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I'd really just love to hear your opinion on Roger Rabbit, as this is a Roger Rabbit thread. I'm sure you have some great information on Roger since you are very knowledgeable. Let's hear some good Roger Rabbit stuff from you!

    I love the character and even more love learning new things about him and am excited to see him back in the parks, even on rare occasions.
    Ok, I love the fact that they are finally bringing Roger Rabbit out. It is seriously about time.




  12. #27

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I really hope so. He's such a fun character.

    Seeing that picture by the OP with Roger just made me smile. I remember when Roger first came out we all thought he'd be one of Mickey's friends and that it might become 'The Fab Six" (or renamed "The Super Six" or something), with Roger right up there with Goofy and Donald as friends of Mickey.

    He is just such a teriffic design, and is so expressive and lively. I hope in the future we get more Roger and that maybe Speilberg and Amblin will relax the embargo on Roger's usage and that Disney can send him out more.

    I wish he could have become the official mascot for DHS.
    I agree, I love Roger. I would really love it if he were out in the park more often, because he's such a silly, fun character. The fact that he's been out in the park at all, and that they did an AP screening of the film at the Opera House, both give me slight hope that they might have come to at least some common ground with rights/usage, but that of course is all speculation.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hickory Ridge, Illinois
    Posts
    135

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I agree, I love Roger. I would really love it if he were out in the park more often, because he's such a silly, fun character. The fact that he's been out in the park at all, and that they did an AP screening of the film at the Opera House, both give me slight hope that they might have come to at least some common ground with rights/usage, but that of course is all speculation.
    On another thread, someone told me about "Disney Bounding", where you can dress up as a character without doing a costume from the store or making one. I found a whole Tumblr about this.

    I am going to dress my youngest son up as Roger Rabbit for Halloween. I don't have a lot to spend on costumes for my boys this year and I cannot sew to save my life. But I found him a pair of red overalls and he has a white shirt and white tennis shoes. We have white rabbit ears from some Easter pageant or something from years ago. I just need to get a blue and yellow bowtie and then find yellow gloves and get something to make a poof of orange hair between the rabbit ears and I will have a nice "Disney Bounding" Roger Rabbit outfit for my DS9. I'm pretty excited about it.

    I wish I had the body to play Jessica but I would look ridiculous trying because I am pretty overweight at the moment. My husband has a trench coat and a fedora hat so he can be Eddie Valiant and I think I might do a Betty Boop or something like that because I have a nice black dress and my sister can loan me a black curly wig. I saw a thing online about how to do body and face makeup like a black-and-white movie, so I might try that.

    Or I thought about wearing all yellow and doing some kind of checker pattern and going as Benny the cab, since he was friends with Roger and Eddie. My DS12 is too cool now to dress in a family costume and he's going to be something from Pacific Rim. His dad is handling that costume because I never saw that movie.

  14. #29

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    On another thread, someone told me about "Disney Bounding", where you can dress up as a character without doing a costume from the store or making one. I found a whole Tumblr about this.

    I am going to dress my youngest son up as Roger Rabbit for Halloween. I don't have a lot to spend on costumes for my boys this year and I cannot sew to save my life. But I found him a pair of red overalls and he has a white shirt and white tennis shoes. We have white rabbit ears from some Easter pageant or something from years ago. I just need to get a blue and yellow bowtie and then find yellow gloves and get something to make a poof of orange hair between the rabbit ears and I will have a nice "Disney Bounding" Roger Rabbit outfit for my DS9. I'm pretty excited about it.

    I wish I had the body to play Jessica but I would look ridiculous trying because I am pretty overweight at the moment. My husband has a trench coat and a fedora hat so he can be Eddie Valiant and I think I might do a Betty Boop or something like that because I have a nice black dress and my sister can loan me a black curly wig. I saw a thing online about how to do body and face makeup like a black-and-white movie, so I might try that.

    Or I thought about wearing all yellow and doing some kind of checker pattern and going as Benny the cab, since he was friends with Roger and Eddie. My DS12 is too cool now to dress in a family costume and he's going to be something from Pacific Rim. His dad is handling that costume because I never saw that movie.
    Those outfits sound great! You're going to have a lot of fun on Halloween with those. Dressing the boys as Roger sounds adorable, too.

    You know, with Disney Bounding it's about suggesting the look, not always recreating it specifically - so if you're not comfortable doing a full out Jessica dress (honestly, I don't think 99.9% of women have that figure!) you could always go with the Veronica Lake hair and makeup, and then just wear something fun and sparkly instead of the dress. Betty Boop sounds pretty cool though, too, and she was in the film, after all...

    I'd love to hear how it all turns out!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hickory Ridge, Illinois
    Posts
    135

    Re: ATTENTION: Roger Rabbit Makes An Appearance At Mickey's Halloween Party!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Those outfits sound great! You're going to have a lot of fun on Halloween with those. Dressing the boys as Roger sounds adorable, too.

    You know, with Disney Bounding it's about suggesting the look, not always recreating it specifically - so if you're not comfortable doing a full out Jessica dress (honestly, I don't think 99.9% of women have that figure!) you could always go with the Veronica Lake hair and makeup, and then just wear something fun and sparkly instead of the dress. Betty Boop sounds pretty cool though, too, and she was in the film, after all...

    I'd love to hear how it all turns out!
    I'm going to be 40 next year and right now I am around 80 to 90 pounds overweight. It's a tough time for me, because of some medication I had to be on that made me gain all that. Ten or fifteen years ago I would have made a nice Jessica Rabbit...but today, not so much. This is the Halloween I promised to break out of my funk. Last year I did not dress up at all or do much because I was feeling sorry for myself and just depressed. Disney actually brings a lot of joy to my life. It's been helping me get back to my "old self" in spirit.

    I have a goal to try to get in shape to run one of the Disney 5k races. I'd like to be able to do that and wear running gear in the colors of the characters too. Snow White is my favorite princess and I'd like to "Disney Bound" a running outfit in her style and participate in that race next year at Disneyland. That is going to be my birthday present to myself for my 40th.

    Maybe I can be Jessica for next Halloween when I am feeling more comfortable in my body. I give anyone who dresses up as her a lot of credit, because that is a tall order to fill. It's like the ones who dress as Princess Leia from Jabba's Palace for the Star Wars weekends and things. That takes guts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Just Announced -Mickey’s Halloween Party at DL (Merged threads)
    By nonob88 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 349
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
  2. [Rumor] No Halloween Screams Fireworks, ONLY Mickey's Halloween Party!
    By The Disney Ninja in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:06 AM
  4. Mickey's Halloween Party & Night of Joy 7pm Parties Scheduled
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 01:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •