• Donald's #1 Fan

Thinking about attending the 2013 Candlelight Processional... good / bad idea?

Hello all!

I post infrequently here but I try to stay in the loop regarding Disney news. I should have gone to the CP in 2012, with 20 dates. But I couldn't make it.

So, I have set my sights on this year's event. Me and my family are Christians and have all agreed this has to be one of the best Christmas experiences we could ever have. We've seen the videos and teared up at the performances.

The only thing is - crowds. Since we come from pretty far away we try to travel in the lowest periods - and obviously, this isn't going to be one of them.

But we were thinking about arriving December 4th and leaving on the 8th, attending the 7th. If we can have at least Thursday and Friday with light crowds we'll be happy.

Is it doable? Is it worth it?

Re: Thinking about attending the 2013 Candlelight Processional... good / bad idea?

There are lots of forum threads about traveling in crowded times but the nickel tour is that you get there before the gates open, ride the popular rides as early as possible, utilize any early entrances you get from packages/hotels, use the busiest times to experience the less-popular attractions, learn FastPass management, and *expect* the crowds and they're not so unmanageable. Early December doesn't seem like it should be Summer-level crowds, but then the current thought is "there isn't an off-season" so who knows?

I saw Dick Van Dyke at last year's CP (on his birthday!) and it was very easy to get a decent standing view for either show, but this year with it going back to the limited schedule there is probably a detailed strategy involved that I'm sure someone else can contribute.