Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dont make me unfriend you

Battle of the Theaters: AMC Downtown Disney vs Garden Walk's UltraLuxe Cinemas

In this corner weighing in with 24 auditoriums on Disney's property is the AMC Downtown Disney.

In this corner, weighing in with just 14 auditoriums near by in the Garden Walk is the Ultraluxe Cinemas!

Ok. I have never stayed in a Disney hotel or a nearby Good Neighbor hotel. However, this November, we will be staying at one of them. I have never been to either of the two theaters (AMC DTD or UltraLuxe). Which one do you like? Which is better and why?

Two theaters enter, only one can exit. Who will win?
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• The doctor is in

Re: Battle of the Theaters: AMC Downtown Disney vs Garden Walk's UltraLuxe Cinemas

I have never been to either of them, but my family lives in the area and they like the AMC in DTD. I think it's more location than anything else.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Re: Battle of the Theaters: AMC Downtown Disney vs Garden Walk's UltraLuxe Cinemas

Chances are they won't be showing the same exact line up, so would it not all depend on which one is showing the movie you want to see?

• former CM

For AP holders who visit the DLR frequently, the AMC can be a nice break during a day at the parks.

• No Disassemble!

UltraLuxe has some kids movies but covers more grown up stuff. Since we only really go out to see kids movies with our kids we always use the AMC whenever we dont want to drive up to the El Cap.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• The Tomorrowland One

I like the UltraLuxe movies better. Also, if you are 21+, they have 21+ only theaters with alcohol available, if that is a factor for you. Yes, there is an upcharge for that. And they also do assigned seating, not cattle call like AMC, so you have an idea where you'll be in the theater before the show.

The only complaint I have of the gardenwalk is the horrid parking. It's expensive and validation doesn't give you all that much more for free unlike DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post

Two theaters enter, only one can exit. Who will win?
    lol That made me laugh

I have never been to either but have always wanted to go to the dtd cinemas.
    24 auditoriums!!!!!! WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    And they also do assigned seating, not cattle call like AMC, so you have an idea where you'll be in the theater before the show.
    DTD AMC does have assigned seating. Not sure if it crosses over to all auditoriums, but their IMAX auditorium does.

Though, if you are going on a Tuesday, Thursday, or the first showing of any film on any day, Ultraluxe is discounted to $6 for standard films (cost extra for 3D and Imax) and that is cheaper than AMC before noon discount.

• Former Churro Jockey

IMAX at AMC Downtown Disney is my favorite theater anywhere. Any really big movie I usually try to see there. So when the new Hobbit movie comes out in December that's where I'll be. I've only been to Garden Walk once, and it was the adult only theater, but I can't say it was really all that different from any other theater. Maybe I just don't go to movies that tend to have a lot of kids in them as it is.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• keh!

AMC Dowtown Disney does not have 24 auditoriums. It has 12.

I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer theaters with less auditoriums if it means bigger screens. I typically ask for a refund when I pay $12 to watch a movie and walk into a theater with a screen smaller than my television.

Only been to the AMC and it's good enough for me.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

ultraluxe is fun because it is usually empty, plenty of room, and clean.

• Goofy

gardenwalk because they serve beer in that theatre now. but both are overpriced. either way none of them are worth it

• Dont make me unfriend you

Thank you everybody for the information (and some corrections). We may not do a movie, but I wanted to see which theater were be better.

Thanks again!
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Ultraluxe serves Sierra Nevada among other tasty brews. It was the only way I could make it through Avatar. They win best theater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast