I went to MNSSHP at WDW a few years ago and I noticed that there were quite a few guests without wristbands in the park during the party and even getting on rides late into the night. :/
    I have never been to one of the parties at Disneyland but I am planning on attending my first one during our trip in October! My question is this: does DL regulate what guests should be in the park better than WDW seemed to? It's just kind of a bummer when you pay extra for the party and there are people who didn't pay just adding to the crowds and lines.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by HatAndMouse; 09-29-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Exclamation Re: Halloween Party Unticketed Guests

I'm sure it happens but I have not noticed this as a problem in Anaheim.

speaking of which, does anyone know a way to get four tickets to a sold out party? i want to avoid CL because I hear there is a lot of funny stuff going on at Craigs List.
    senda PM.

Re: Halloween Party Unticketed Guests

Its been 3 years since I went to a Halloween party, but in 2010 when I went they did a good job of enforcing the rules, I didn't notice anyone without a wrist band after about an hour, and they were checking when getting on rides and such. Didn't seem to be an issue at all.

well its near impossible to hunt down every single person without a wristband and kick them out but the cast members are not supposed to let them on the rides if they dont have one so some people might not be doing their jobs.

•   
    • Minion

When I went in 2011 they seemed a bit lax - a friend and I walked right past the checkpoint (YES, we had tickets and bracelets!!) at the Hub because the CMs were chatting amongst themselves, and nobody ever checked us again. When I went in 2012, the security had really been tightened up. The bracelets were specific to the night (they had different numbers for the different party nights, and were also different colors each night), and there were checkpoints everywhere. We were asked at least six times and the checkpoints went as far back as the Haunted Mansion. And the CMs really WERE looking. Even when they didn't ask, there were a bunch of times when I noticed they were looking at our wrists for the bracelets as we got our candy.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Thanks, guys! I went do the one at WDW in 2010 so it sounds like DL was pretty lax a few years ago too. Maybe they have both tightened up on the party crashers. Looking forward to it!

• Mouseke-Awesome

I don't know how it was in prior years, but last year they were checking wristbands pretty frequently. I thought it would be difficult to stay under the radar and be at the party without one IMHO.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TanyAnnette View Post
    I don't know how it was in prior years, but last year they were checking wristbands pretty frequently. I thought it would be difficult to stay under the radar and be at the party without one IMHO.
    This was my opinion, as well. It almost got annoying how frequently they checked, but definitely less annoying than having freeloaders taking away from the experience!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Dreaming of next trip

Last year they had a moving fence of CM going down main street, those with out the wrist bands had to walk in front of them. They checked everyone even if you were in costume. It was very effective.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The times I've attended the parties at WDW (2011 & 2012... and the 2012 Christmas party), they were STRICT about the wristbands. They weren't letting people past the end of Main Street if they didn't have a wristband and they were stopping everyone to check.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I actually went to the Halloween Party last Friday. There were CMs stationed at every ride checking for wristbands. Disney also had CMs stationed at checkpoints throughout the Park checking for wristbands. Walking by almost any CM will definitely prompt them asking for wristbands. If you were in a line for characters, CMs went down the line checking for wristbands. They are definitely thorough.

While my friends and I were waiting in line for the villains, one CM went down the line asking for wristbands, and then literally 5 seconds later, ANOTHER CM came down the line asking for wristbands! It's kind of funny how thorough they are actually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    I'm sure it happens but I have not noticed this as a problem in Anaheim.

speaking of which, does anyone know a way to get four tickets to a sold out party? i want to avoid CL because I hear there is a lot of funny stuff going on at Craigs List.
    senda PM.
    We went to the 27th party and I noticed that even though the party was sold out online they had some temporary registers set up starting around 4:00pm just inside the gates of frontierland to sell tickets. so you may get lucky