• Banned User

story tellers ( breakfast with chip and dale) reviews please

I see the menu, I wanted to knowwhat you all thought, and if you can order waffles or micky pancakes off the menu to go with the buffet or is that an added extra cost?
    Also was it good tasting etc. we got the dining packageand Iwas trying to finda good close place to enjoy breakfast.we did goofys, it was nice but way to far to go for breakfast in the morning,
    and where is breakfast in the park located these days?
    I need to make decisions so I can make reservations now.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Re: story tellers ( breakfast with chip and dale) reviews please

I have not had breakfast anywhere else in the park so I can't really offer comparison. But I will say that I can't imagine the food being better anywhere else. The buffet is fantastic.

The waffles/pancakes are included in the buffet cost, as well as coffee or OJ. (Skip the pancakes though, you will want to save room for the waffles.)

It's possible that the character interaction is better at one of the more themed restaurants.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Senior Minion

You can indeed order off the menu if you don't want the buffet. It's a bit cheaper, especially if you have small ones who'd otherwise run amuck and/or not eat enough food to make it worthwhile.

I highly recommend the banana stuffed french toast, myself. It's not the famed Tonga Toast of the WDW Polynesian Resort, but it's still pretty good.

The last time my wife and I went down, we ate breakfast there twice. It's right up there with Brennan's beignets.

• Banned User

we got the disney dining package so we have a caracter breakfast. I hate to have to walk all the way down to goofys ( especially in the morning ) so this is an alternative. I am not sure of any others so this looks pretty good.

• What we need. . .

I think this is the best of the bunch offered at DLR. There aren't as many character interactions as say, Ariel's Grotto, so if you have kids this may be an issue for you. I was getting tired of Goofy's kitchen. I don't think the food is that good and they have cut way back on the characters that show up. The food at Storyteller's is great and my son loves Chip and Dale so for us it is the natural choice.

I also agree with Woton, the french toast is delicious! Let us know what you think if you end up there.

• Waiting for the stork

I have eaten breakfast there on my last 2 trips (both without kids)

The food is wonderful, not as extesive a buffet as Goofys, but the food is better. And as mentioned before the frenchtoast is WONDERFUL (I went back 3 (?) times for more... )

There are not as many charactors... I have seen Chip, Dale, Miko, Both bears from brother bear (I forget their names) and Nala over the course of 2 visits.

It's quieter than Goofy's, and I have not seen it nearly as crowded ever! (thoug I have only been "off season" )

If you can eat like I do then Iwould highly recomend the buffet (last weekend I had breakfast at 10:30 and didn't eat again until 9 while I waited for the fireworks) that certainly makes $21 worth it
    if not they do have order off the menu options but they range form $13-18 (I think...I only glanced because I knew I was getting buffet) and I have not seen a childrens menu, because I never had teh kids with me...

IT has rapidly become my favorite Charactor and Breakfast meal in the park.
    I can't wait to take the kids
    procrastibating

• Banned User

sounds great! We do not mind the carecters being gone, in fact there is nothing worse then being bothered while I am chowing down! my daughter is 11 and really does not mind not seeing to many either. thank you much, this seems much better then walking all the way down down town disney to get to the other one.

• no flash photography...

I ahve not had breakfast there, because the "chracters" scare me....or maybe they just annoy me...I'm not sure which one...but I had dinner there and the pizza was really good..

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I recommend it!! THe food was ok, my banana "stuffed" French toast was good. The buffet looks great but it's pretty pricey. The character interaction was GREAT. The ranger character was the funniest guy ever. Chiop and Dale and the bears were great and lots of fun. Totally recommend it!

In the park, Carnation Cafe and RiverBelle Terrace (maybe others?) serve breakfast. I've only have the Mickey panckaes... not bad of a price (the other stuff seemed fairly reasonable for a good amount of food?) tasted fine.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• For old time sake

If you want a more quiet breakfast, it's the way to go, though I was disappointed that we only saw Chip, Dale, Meeko and the Brother Bear Characters. Not what i was hopng for when taking Derek for the first time. Though I didn't know much about character dining as it was my first time ever doing so.

The food was decent
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Basking in birthday love

The character breakfast inside the park is at Plaza Inn, with Minnie and friends. That's about as much as I know about it.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Yeah, we want a quiet breakfast, and so the interaction is no biggie. in fact I would rather not be botherer LOL! my daughter says " as long as thefood is god the carecters are no biggie. she is soooo like me!
    we have the dining package with the carecter breakfast so this is where we will go.
    Now I have to figure out what " breakfast in the park means and where?
    the dining tickets do not tell memuch

• Iron-Clad Allie

The quality of the food and menu selection is superb. The service is considerate. obliging and down to Earth. The breakfast buffet is awesome. They offer everything under the sun, and then some...omlettes, waffles, sausage, bacon. cereal, etc, etc, etc.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!