Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Re: Your favorite souvenirs

Figurines of my favorite characters at Disneyana or World of Disney!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    I have never gotten a set of ears. They sound fun but something about seeing a 6'5" guy walking around with a set of ears on always talks me out of it.
    Seeing a 6'5" guy walking around with ears on is one of my most favorite things to see on a Disney trip! Just throwin' that out there!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

These are all really fun! Some of these souvenirs are really awesome too. Like the bulb from the parade.
    Kelly I would agree with you! The more incongruous the wearer, the cuter it is...

Also I 100% agree about the pictures. That's my very favorite souvenir as well.

In fact I should have added to my list that before we left we bought the photopass plus and used the hell out if it, and I genuinely feel like it was worth every penny. I actually really like and appreciate the photopass program. And I particularly like that my husband is actually in some of the pictures then, because he is the family photographer.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Maybe one day I will man up and get a set of ears on top of my 6'5" frame. One day. Until then I guess I am just not comfortable with my inner mouse.

• once a Skip always a Skip

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Pins are definitely my weakness - I only buy ones I like, I don't trade or "collect", they serve as souvenirs for me.
    This.

I'm also partial to things with the old park logo.

We each have our own lightsabers. My husband thinks they're the best souveniers for what you pay for. $20 for a semi custom lightsaber that lights up an makes sounds. We also like to get art prints from the art gallery and I like to get pins too for special events or ride milestones for my son. We also all have a set of ears but we don't always where them, but it's a tradition. We also get a new antenna ball every once in a while. I tend to buy things that are useful or collectable like art or figurines.

• Disney Philosopher

I only buy things that will increase in value, it's part of my retirement strategy.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Foolish Mortal

Many many years ago my parents finally bought me a glow-in-the-dark skull (it was slightly larger than a baseball) from the shop right outside of POTC. I must have been 9 years old at the time. That is my all-time favorite souvenir from DL. I wish I knew what I did with it!

In the past 4 years of being an APH I have only bought one t-shirt, it is black and has a black and white picture of the very old school characters on it. My wife will buy little knick-knacks occasionally, but none really stand out to me as much as my glow-in-the-dark skull.

Oh yeah, I do collect the Air Fresheners and keep them in the package. I hang them on my wall partition at work.

Mark Twain said it best: “I am more concerned about the return OF my money, than the return ON my money”

I used that ( wow, my font is the page I cut the quote) strategy in my antique business and it didn't work that way, fickle is the demand for any given object. I encounter very few Disneyland as a park collectors ( makes sense being here in the PNW) but many collectors who are item or character specific. Souvenirs as an investment only works if no one is buying the item and yet everyone wants it next year.
    Last edited by laferney Road kid; 10-03-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123