Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Big Thunder Mountain Opening Pushed Back to Winter of 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    I'm aware, but with the redo, they could easily correct the design flaw and put them back.
    I agree, they are one of those intricate details that make BTMRR a great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoplover View Post
    I'm am a CM and I am party of the Test and adjust team for thunder mountain... We will be starting test and adjust for thunder next week. I will give you more info when I get it.

If anyone has a question for an attractions cast member, feel free to message me. I work Idiana Jones, Thunder, Jungle cruise, Isneyland Railroad

Thank you. what is test and adjust?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm aware, but with the redo, they could easily correct the design flaw and put them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I agree, they are one of those intricate details that make BTMRR a great ride.
    The removal of the wheels was more about having a visible response to an incident that was undeniably Disney's fault. Vekoma would have ceased sales of the Mine Train trains and the operators of other Mine Trains would have forced them to make similar modifications to their existing trains.

• Foolish Mortal

I was there yesterday and today, and today they adjusted the western style sign on the wooden boards to say Winter 2014. Yesterday they said Fall 2013.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The removal of the wheels was more about having a visible response to an incident that was undeniably Disney's fault. Vekoma would have ceased sales of the Mine Train trains and the operators of other Mine Trains would have forced them to make similar modifications to their existing trains.
    Outside of DIS circles and fatal accident followers, nobody would remember why the trains are missing their idler wheels. No reason not to correct it now.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by jacs1234 View Post
    Thank you. what is test and adjust?
    Pretty much what it sounds like. The Operations team gets brought in to work alongside WDI, Scientific Systems, and so forth in testing new ride control systems. They're essentially there to make sure that everything operates the way it was designed to. Testing starts months (at least) before an attraction opens, so that there's plenty of time to test thoroughly and fix anything that doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    I was there yesterday and today, and today they adjusted the western style sign on the wooden boards to say Winter 2014. Yesterday they said Fall 2013.
    it actually says "early 2014" as of this afternoon, so that does clarify the confusion some might have with winter 2014

• Golden State of Mind

Outside of DIS circles and fatal accident followers, nobody would remember why the trains are missing their idler wheels. No reason not to correct it now.
    Not really that big of a detail, and now they have a few more months maybe it will make a comeback.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Given Disney's loss of institutional history, I wouldn't be surprised if a good many people in the Company do not know why they are missing or that something is missing.

Were new trains ever supposed to be part of this process or just new track? Maybe it's just an old photo being used...

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Not really that big of a detail, and now they have a few more months maybe it will make a comeback.
    It looks lame without them. Even risking death I will ride up front, or all the way in back...

Wasn't Thunder Mountain supposed to be repainted? Has that been done already? I thought I read somewhere that would occur and that there would be some sort of visual enhancement in they way they would paint it. Am I making misunderstanding info about painting?

• #bringevilback

They replaced the entire track, not just paint... New track, new trains, new (or at least updated/modified) loading platform, plus paint and other aesthetic aspects, so yeah, it's been quite the year long project!

Wow. I've never noticed how funky the trains look without those extra wheels... Now that's going to annoy me every time I go on the ride.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Given Disney's loss of institutional history, I wouldn't be surprised if a good many people in the Company do not know why they are missing or that something is missing.

Were new trains ever supposed to be part of this process or just new track? Maybe it's just an old photo being used...
    I heard new trains of cars and seats but that they were keeping the locomotive engines... Maybe they had to keep them because you can't buy them any more?

Anyway, I am not surprised, especially with all the handrails and stuff going up around the park. Space Mountain was built at a similar time period and the state shut it down for those few days; that had to have made some changes to the re-construction of BTM as well, right? If BTM was open that week, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been shut down too along with the rest of what they had to close.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• the rockawho?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I just hope the improvement are worth it.....unlike what they did with the Matterhorn the last time it was down

i hope so too....

we were very disappointed with matterhorn....we rode on it once and havent been back on it.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123