Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Show Your Disney Side

From Andy's update in Dateline Disneyland today, there was a brief mention of the new campaign for next year, "Show Your Disney Side". Here is the video posted by DisneyParks on YouTube:

Honestly, I think it seems like an okay thing, but that's what I said about "Let the Memories Begin!" But who knows?

This could be the last campaign to roll out before the 60th. Your thoughts?
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: Show Your Disney Side

I like the concept, I am also interested that Star Wars was the first thing they showed if this is a new campaign. Also I like the video because I would most likely do the same thing as the dad especially the knock everything down part XD

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I love the "Use the Force Responsibily." LOL! This seems to be a Disneyland specific.

They also have another one that is Walt Disney World specific:

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I haven't read Andy's update yet, but I guess I'm a little confused about this new campaign. Is there a reason to show your 'Disney Side?' Is it some sort of contest or something? Don't we already show our 'Disney Side' just being at the Parks? What exactly is the purpose of this new campaign? It seems to me it would just be another day at the Parks.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I love the "Use the Force Responsibily." LOL! This seems to be a Disneyland specific.
    I noticed that and thought that was very cute

I think....THINK...I was there for a recording of the first commercial. Or a similar Disney commercial. They were recording by Tomorrowland Terrace before Jedi Training Academy.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    I haven't read Andy's update yet, but I guess I'm a little confused about this new campaign. Is there a reason to show your 'Disney Side?' Is it some sort of contest or something? Don't we already show our 'Disney Side' just being at the Parks? What exactly is the purpose of this new campaign? It seems to me it would just be another day at the Parks.
    I think the message they are trying to send out is the thought of letting the child in you out, or letting the Disney geek in you out.

Either way, its message is a little foggy at the moment. Maybe we'll know more as it goes on. Just use the Force responsibly before then.

I feel like it's to correspond with the popular Disneybounding phenomenon. Which I'm totally ok with.
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• Singing Drinker

I'm waaaaaay too cynical. The phrase alone took me a full thirty seconds to not come up with an adult if not outright dirty interpretation.

I'm not quite certain (I am) but I fear that may not be the reaction they're hoping for. Here's hoping I'm an outlier in this one.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Evil is Sexy

LIES! Grown ups can't participate in Jedi Training Academy!!!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Commercials are cute, but hearing the phrase "Disney Parks" spoken in them reeeeeally makes me cringe. I don't think they've ever actually SAID it in a commercial before, have they? Usually 'Disney Parks' is written on the screen and they just say something like "The place where dreams come true." Now it looks like they're taking the homogenization to the next level.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Is that a florescent bulb the dad uses as a light saber? And it doesn't explode when he hits the cans?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Blew By You

I'm not buying into this promotion. There's no original thinking about this. Being Disneyland fans in the first place, we show our Disney side literally everyday. This promo just doesn't add anything to my day at Disneyland or DCA.

• Senior Minion

Another featherbrained promotion from the Disney Parks brain trust -- proving once again that management has zero knowledge of what makes Disneyland special, and even less instinct for how to promote it. These folks should stick to what they're best at: raising prices, pushing brands and cutting back on maintenance.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Disney Geek wannabe

As and Millennial I like this new campaign. Actually, to be completely honest the first time I saw the disney parks blog then the subsequent commercial I was really taken back by it and not pleased. Now as I have had some time to adjust I love it. Disney is taking the world by storm, My generation and the ones behind it know Disney has a major domineering force in pop culture. Disney is smart to start marketing to us and them if they want to remain current and popular. Disneybounding is extremely popular (dressing as characters but not in costume) Disney branded clothing is widely fashionable right now as well as Disney branded accessories. The Show your Disney side campaign is great because they are using social media and the hashtag #disneyside on instagram, twitter, facebook etc. to gain more popularity and to perpetuate their brand. Let's be honest, anyone who likes disney does have a disneyside. My husband likes to disneybound as mickey when we go to the parks. My side is I like talking all things disney to anyone who will listen and Disney fashion. My 2 year old's Disney side is dressing up as characters.
    “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
    A.A. Milne

• Ambassador of good will

Looking at the negative posts above makes me wonder why people on this board are even fans of the parks?
    I don't understand, I mean EVERYTHING they do gets criticized and is substandard according to Micechat.
    Talk about poor show.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast