Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Three consecutive Walk-offs today. Matterhorn, HM and Splash Mtn :o/

Yup, you read it correctly, 3 consecutive walk-offs today for my friend, my wife and me. The first one was Matterhorn around 3:30pm or so. Right after we sat down in the sled, rolled up to the stop point where you tug on the yellow straps, bam, that was it. We were asked to sit tight and eventually evacuate the vehicle after a few minutes. Nothing special to report here, as we never even ascended into the icy slopes.

Next up was Haunted Mansion (around 4:15pm), everything was moving along just dandy when we came to a stop in the graveyard, right in between the large angels on the left hand side. We sat idle for about 10 minutes and received a handful off announcements over the P.A. system. After another 15 minutes, they turned on all the lights and asked everyone to sit tight and wait for a CM to assist us out of our Doom Buggies. I took some video, but it is pretty limited as we were angled towards the mummy talking to the old guy with the ear horn in the graveyard. The interesting thing was to see what the ghosts were made of, i wont spoil anything, no worries. So we were finally greeted by a very nice CM whom released a latch under the front of our Doom Buggy, which allowed the lap bar portion to fall forward. He asked us to exit to our right side, after that we walked passed 3 more Buggies, crossed back over the track, they had laid down a metal plate to ensure you didn't accidently slip and step in the track gap. After that we walked by the mirrors where the hitchhiking ghosts appear next to you in your Buggy. You could see into the mirrors and see some behind the scenes stuff, nothing really fancy to report though. Upon exiting the final turnstile a CM was issuing one of those cool Access Passes.

After leaving the HM we headed over to Splash Mountain (around 5pm) to use our actual Fast Passes we acquired earlier in the day. My friend had jokingly said, "I hope this doesn't break down on us...". Well what do ya know, in almost identical fashion to our Matterhorn experience, we were stuck on Splash. Again, not even leaving the boarding area. We sat for about 10-15 before we got out. At this point we didn't even want the Access Pass and just headed back towards Main St. to head home.

Today was our second trip in just as many days for my wife and I so we weren't really bummed out at all on today's happenings. We were pretty stoked to be stuck on HM and be there when they turned the lights on! A month or so ago here and I both had a Splash Mountain walk-off, so that wasn't new to us, but the Matterhorn walk-off was.

***SPOILER ALERT***
    Here is a brief video I took from our Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion. If you don't want to see a portion of the graveyard scene with the lights on DO NOT watch this video!!!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Re: Three consecutive Walk-offs today. Matterhorn, HM and Splash Mtn :o/

Ohh how cool! Too bad you didn't get stuck inside Matterhorn. That would've been pretty cool to see. The only time I ever had to do a walk off was on Space Mountain. My friend and I got stuck on the lift JUST before we entered the show building. I was so mad we didn't make it inside since it would've been the first time I ever seen Space Mountain with the lights on. Sigh. Well at least we got to jump out of the vehicles while on the lift so that's kind of cool I guess lol.

• #bringevilback

Crazy! I've never been walked off a ride and I'm there do frequently! There were a lot of CMs around Matterhorn when I was there around 4-430 and they even pulled a loaded car off to the side, held them there, then put them back. The car in front of us was held just inside the mountain for a minute or so before proceeding as normal..the ride was uneventful otherwise, but interesting they seemed to still be figuring things out while running it through with people...

• The doctor is in

I have never experienced a walk-off. The closest I have gotten is having a ride break down while I'm in line. That happened to me with Haunted Mansion Holiday last year. I was literally right at the end of the line when the ride broke down.

That sucks you had three in a row in one day.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I have never experienced a walk-off. The closest I have gotten is having a ride break down while I'm in line. That happened to me with Haunted Mansion Holiday last year. I was literally right at the end of the line when the ride broke down.

That sucks you had three in a row in one day.
    I was at DCA in early September for a Passholder Extra Magic event and RSR 101'd while I was experiencing the attraction. Our car sat for 30 minutes just outside of the Luigi's Tire Store and then we were evac'd and given a useless coupon to get back on the ride. It was shortly before closing so I was not going to be able to collect on the coupon.

In my opinion, disney has a real reliability problem on their hands.

• Minion

Disneyland maintenance is a joke..this doesn't even come off as surprising.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Disneyland maintenance is a joke..
    Source?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Disneyland maintenance is a joke..this doesn't even come off as surprising.
    Nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    Source?
    For starters, 23 years of experience as a Disneyland customer under the Eisger regime. And 30 years of experience as a Disneyland customer in the decades before Eisger.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-01-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I had to walk off Screamin from the top once, it was just a lot of stairs but I don't really like heights

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    For starters, 23 years of experience as a Disneyland customer under the Eisger regime.
    I was actually looking for something a little more concrete than "I dislike the fact that X, Y, and Z happened, therefore Facilities is a joke."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    I was actually looking for something a little more concrete than "I dislike the fact that X, Y, and Z happened, therefore Facilities is a joke."
    "I dislike the fact that X, Y, and Z happened, therefore Facilities is a joke" is not even remotely what's being said.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Foolish Mortal

I forgot to mention that when we were walking out of Splash Mountain, Winnie The Pooh appeared to be having issues as well. I wonder if something went wrong with that back corner of the park around the same time?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    "I dislike the fact that X, Y, and Z happened, therefore Facilities is a joke" is not even remotely what's being said.
    If you say so.

• Former Churro Jockey

Well, depending on how often you get to go to the park, I can either say "lucky you" or "that sucks." If you're posting on here then odds are you're an AP who's already been on all of these rides many, many times, so I'm going to assume this was a pretty cool thing for you. Being walked off of HM is probably # 2 on my wish list behind dining at Club 33.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

While Disneyland maintenance has been less than stellar in the later decades (although it is better now than it was during the Eisner/Pressler era) I think it would be more appropriate to understand that many things can cause a breakdown. Both HM and SM are notorious for e-stops due to the stupidity of guests, not the ride itself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast