Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Philosopher

Re: Service Dogs in Disneyland

I'm not sure how many scammers there are, but there are lonely people that would do anything to keep their (child) pet with them, including stretching the whole service dog thing. I think I can live with that.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Chief Troublemaker

Just want to say that this has been a very informative and entertaining (Thanks, Dobby!) thread. I've learned quite a bit about Service Dogs!

Malcon10t, your dogs (past & current) are just beautiful. As a former Choc Lab Mom (we lost her at age 15 about 20 months ago & it still hurts) I know what wonderful, intelligent, loyal companions they can be. Your daughter's dog is especially beautiful. Is she a flat coated retriever or a Lab mix?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

The only time I mind people lying about having a service dog is when the dog is not well trained and snaps or growls, jumps up on people, goes potty inside a store or restaurant, etc. As long as it is completely under the owner's control it's not a problem. Unfortunately, a lot of people who want to bring their "baby" into Disneyland under the guise of service dog do not have those dogs well-trained, which gives actual service dogs a bad name.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    The only time I mind people lying about having a service dog is when the dog is not well trained and snaps or growls, jumps up on people, goes potty inside a store or restaurant, etc. As long as it is completely under the owner's control it's not a problem. Unfortunately, a lot of people who want to bring their "baby" into Disneyland under the guise of service dog do not have those dogs well-trained, which gives actual service dogs a bad name.
    That's really why I mind, too. Owners that don't train their dogs properly, and then pass them off as service dogs, don't do the real ones any favors. Plus, these false service dogs are hazards to other people - nobody should have to worry about being bitten, having a dog jump at them or approach them uninvited, etc., especially at Disneyland. Maybe someone's allergic. Maybe someone's afraid of dogs. Maybe someone just doesn't want muddy pawprints on their clothes. A real trained service dog isn't going to be a hazard but an untrained fake one can be.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Malcon10t, your dogs (past & current) are just beautiful. As a former Choc Lab Mom (we lost her at age 15 about 20 months ago & it still hurts) I know what wonderful, intelligent, loyal companions they can be. Your daughter's dog is especially beautiful. Is she a flat coated retriever or a Lab mix?
    Thank you. She is 75% Golden Retriever and 25% Chocolate Lab. She is gorgeous (and she knows it!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I never knew this, but there are two places in Disneyland for dogs to...hmmm... do their duty... I found out by accident looking at YouTube...

One in on Main Street. I'm not sure which one, but one of the little grassy areas surrounded by benches. It looks like it's near the hub on the Tomorrowland side. There is a gate that allows your dog enter and go...

The second one is between Thunder Mountain and Fantasyland, near the two large wooden gates, is a spot with a little gate in the planter railing to allows dogs enter and do their thing..so to speak.

Here are the videos...

The Secret Disneyland Poop Gate - YouTube (location shown at about 1:30 into video)

Secret Disneyland Poop Gate #2 - Randomland - YouTube
    (location is shown at 1:20-30 into the video)

You can learn some crazy stuff watching YouTube....
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    We've been in a store where there was another service dog that actually peed on an end cap. He was marking his turf. I made sure security knew about it because I didn't want our pups to be accused. We also stayed at certain hotels on a regular basis, and once, there was another dog and they were not cleaning up afte the dog. We made a point of making sure mgmt knew it wasn't us (and mgmt said they knew it wasn't...), and my daughter cleaned up after the other dog as people seeing us and the dog would just assume we were the ones leaving it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I never knew this, but there are two places in Disneyland for dogs to...hmmm... do their duty... I found out by accident looking at YouTube...

One in on Main Street. I'm not sure which one, but one of the little grassy areas surrounded by benches. It looks like it's near the hub on the Tomorrowland side. There is a gate that allows your dog enter and go...

The second one is between Thunder Mountain and Fantasyland, near the two large wooden gates, is a spot with a little gate in the planter railing to allows dogs enter and do their thing..so to speak.
    The first spot you mention is on the walkway to the Matterhorn from Main St. Another one is by IASW. There is also one in NOS by the train. Then the one you mentioned by BTR BBQ (it is just dirt.)

• Selfie Expert

Fake service dogs give authentic service dogs a bad name. Service dogs go through extensive training, and due to that training they are granted privileges that non-trained companion dogs are not given. It's the same as the whole GAC system, or any system, where if there is abuse then everyone will suffer eventually.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123