Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mouseke-Awesome

Cool Epic Trip Report #2 - Dapper Days...and Nights!

Dapper Day!!!!

This was another special trip because I was going with my best friend of 10 years. We have TONS in common, and one of them has always been Disney/Disneyland (her first time to the park was when she was 23!!!). But in all the years of our friendship, we never took a trip to the parks together. This time, it worked out perfectly. Her birthday was on Sept. 8 and Dapper Day was on Sept. 6- the perfect weekend visit! Me, my Best Friend Yvonne, and her boyfriend were on our way!!!

We left Central Ca/Fresno on Thursday Sept. 5 around noon-ish. It was a solid 5 hour drive (complete with traffic and obligatory gas and Starbucks stop), nothing too bad and an all-around good drive. We got to our hotel (Anaheim Plaza) around 5-ish and after settling in, almost...ALMOST went into the parks for a few hours of fun. But, I was tired from the drive and we were hungry, plus there was some beauty prep for Dapper Day the next day

Friday!! Happy Dapper Day!!!! Me, Chris and Yvonne.

This would be our first official day at the park together as BFFs (I know, we're so nerdy). We got to the park around 10-ish, after perfecting our outfits. I was going for a Snow White-inspired dress, Yvonne and Chris went for Mickey and Minnie outfits. My dress was custom made, I have what I like to call a Fairy Seamstress ♥ I googled 50s dresses for general inspiration, saw the dress below and imagined it with a yellow skirt, and presto!

Right: The Dream / Left: The Reality! Dreams come true!

This was my first Dapper Day and it was a blast!!!! It was so much fun seeing other Dapper People and even being acknowledged by CMs. The CM at the Tea Cups stopped my friend and I to tell us that our dresses were the "first to make her truly impressed."

The most Dapper with Mary & Bert.

Snuck in a selfie

At the Grotto.

We walked around to Fantasyland through Frontierland and ran into Woody! He was very excited to see us.

Woody and I took a little spin (my personal fave pic!)

Howdy!

For lunch we went to ESPN Zone (we were incredibly hungry and thirsty, the weather was mighty hot this day) and after stopped by Grand Californian for our official Dapper Day merch (I picked up a makeup bag, pin, fan and key chain). By this time the heat wore us down and we needed a break. So we went back to the hotel to cool off and rest. By doing this we missed the Dapper Day Meetup on the Mark Twain, but that's okay. My sanity was more important. After we all took a nap, we headed back to DCA for the Disneybound Dapper Day Meetup by the fountain on BVS.

I can't find a proper photo online, but they took a HUGE group picture. They actually had to split it into two sessions. It was fun seeing everyone's outfits, and we had quite a few people ask for pictures with us!!! That was a shock. A pleasant shock. One couple from Chicago asked to take pictures of us to send to their family back home!

This cute gal asked for pictures with us.

Always wanted to do this

We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening at DCA, before heading back to Disneyland for the evening Dapper Day meetup at Small World. The scheduled meetup was from 8-9:30. However, they closed down Small World at 8:30 for fireworks, leaving a lot of us Dapper Folk out in the dust. We decided to head over to Captain EO, Yvonne had not seen it before so this was a first for her! She loved it, of course.

It was close to 9-ish and we were super tired. We grabbed some coffee and sweets at Jolly Holiday to take back to the hotel.
    On the way out, we saw Mickey and Minnie and we both got turned away by their handlers for the last few guests. Oh well. We wanted to get a picture of us in our Dapper gear with Mickey and/or Minnie but it wasn't meant to be.
    Before exiting the tunnels, a CM stopped us and said that "his boss Mickey Mouse" asked him to chose some lucky guests for some trivia for a prize. He asked how our Disney movie knowledge was, pretty good we said. Our trivia question was to name 4 movies with numbers in the title (not counting sequels). I instantly blurted out The Three Caballeros. Yvonne said 101 Dalmatians. Chris said 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. The CM was impressed (saying I answered the hardest one) yet we were missing one more...what could it be?....all he did was point at me. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS!!! It was so obvious, lol. So, for our prize, we got a "front of the line" pass for any ride at DCA (excluding RSR). The whole experience was so cool, and he picked us because he saw us heading out and loved our outfits.

The prize for the quiz masters!

All in all, Dapper Day was a huge success. I was super SUPER tired (and sore...petticoats can hurt you) but ready for another day at the parks. For dinner Chris and Yvonne walked to a nearby Chinese place. Now...sleep!

Saturday was another day at the parks. We started out at DCA, picked up FPs for WoC that night, and while Chris and Yvonne got on GRR, I stayed behind and...took selfies?

Good morning, DCA!

Then saw Donald!

Donald Selfie!

So, Yvonne was hesitant to get on Screamin'. She had never been on a loop coaster before. The line for Screamin' was about a 10 minute wait so I hopped on by myself.

After Yvonne saw me do it....she was ready to take the plunge herself!

Then whadoyaknow....she was ready for ToT (she claims she faked her expression, hehe)!!!

Then we walked around DCA, met up with Jenn (my friend from the last Trip Report, she lives in the area), saw Minnie's Fly Girls, grabbed some coffee then saw Aladdin.

The CM told me to put this on instagram and hashtag it #selfieswithminnie

Then Yvonne and I set out for something we had set on doing since we started planning for this trip: Best Friend Mickey ears.
    We were still at DCA and decided to try to get our ears done there. We grabbed our hats, shyfully walked up to the register and said "Can...we....get...one hat that says Best and one Friends?" the girl thought about it....and said "Yeah! Sure!" Yvonne and I literally got so excited and high-fived one another. Yeah, in the middle of the store.

After that, we headed back to Disneyland with our new BFF hats, and took the picture I had set in my mind:

PERF!!!!!!!!!

After getting on Pirates, and Indy, we said goodbye to Jenn, and headed back to the hotel for a much needed nap. Back to the parks, I then continued on my "Selfie Quest" with the characters.

Fairy Godmother

Mad Hatter

Tigger! He loved he camera.

We spent the rest of the afternoon taking our time. Then fast forward to that night, back to DCA for WoC (my second time seeing it, but I had a better viewing in the blue section and felt like I was watching it for the first time!). After getting on Little Mermaid just one more time, we decided to head back to the hotel (after a late-night McD's run).
    Sunday was Yvonne's birthday!!! We had planned to be up early and at the gates before opening. But Yvonne said she had a birthday request to sleep in, no problem. So I head out to the park on my own- which was so fun! I got through the gates, took a selfie with Mickey, and was right at the ropes at opening. I love going through the castle first thing, and I did and headed right to Peter Pan.

Early morning Mickey selfie.

Then just walked around and noticed no one was at the Princess meet & greet. So I got to walk in and take my selfies with Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella.

Then looped back out to Pixie Hallow to take a selfies with Fawn & Tink.

Tink was confused by the selfie.

...went back to chat and take a selfie with Merida. She saw my shirt and ears and wanted to know what she needed to do be a Mousketeer.

Then went to Toon Town where I greeted Daisy.

I was dying to get a pic with Snow White on Dapper Day, but I kept missing her. I found her at the grotto this morning and told her she was very hard to get a hold of I showed her my dress from Dapper Day and it got the official Snow White approval

It was near 11-ish and Yvonne and Chris were headed to the parks finally. I headed back to Main Street to meet them and got a selfie with Pluto

After meeting up with my sleepy-head friends, we watched the Dapper Dans perform and...got a selfie! Of course!

One of my favorite shots from this day, right after watching the marching band perform in front of the castle (sigh!).
    My report is getting uber long, so to sum it up, the next best part of the day was getting on RSR without a FP!!!! We were at Carsland to see the lights turn on, and we went around to RSR just to see what the posted wait time was. The wait was 60 minutes and we were willing to wait. However, we timed it and it only took us 45!!! After we walked around some more, got
    on Little Mermaid (again) grabbed dinner at Pacific Wharf Cafe (bread bowls!) relaxed and saw WoC from afar. We decided to try our luck one more time at RSR and the posted time was only 45!!! But guess what? It only took us around 30 minutes
    The next day, Monday, we spent the morning getting in last minute rides (Star Tours) and shopping. Then we headed home! Well, almost. We went to a Dodger's game (my first!) and had an amazing time (Dodgers won!)!

Whew!!! That's it! Two weekends at DL back to back! Hope you enjoyed!

My next trip is scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 21 for the Halloween Party, anyone else going that day?
    Last edited by TanyAnnette; 10-03-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Re: Epic Trip Report #2 - Dapper Days...and Nights!

Oh, I just can't even get over how much I love your outfits! The Snow White dress is just so beautiful. Did you make that? I read this twice and couldn't see if you said you made it or you bought it. It's just so lovely.

I think I'd love to get an outfit together like that myself. Snow White is one of my favorite princesses. I have dark short hair (don't pay any attention to the grays) and I try to be cheerful like Snow White. I think it would be cute if I could get a Snow White outfit and maybe get my DS9 and DS12 outfits like the dwarves. My husband can be like the Prince.

I love the idea of dressing like the characters but wearing normal clothes. Whoever thought that up is a genius. So much more cost effective because you can wear the clothes again and you can also go to the parks like that and not get in trouble.

I kind of wish every day was Dapper Day.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    Oh, I just can't even get over how much I love your outfits! The Snow White dress is just so beautiful. Did you make that? I read this twice and couldn't see if you said you made it or you bought it. It's just so lovely.
    Thank you!!! It was was custom made, yes. I got asked at least a dozen times at the parks if I bought it somewhere

• Foolish Mortal

Great TR, well written and excellent pix. My wife and I are planning on doing the upcoming Dapper Day in the winter.

​Nice trip! Looks like you had a ton of fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Selfie Expert

I absolutely love the idea of selfies!! I'm going to have to try that on one of my future trips.

I'm determined to learn how to sew, my main motivation being to sew my own outfits for Dapper Day! Your dress is the perfect illustration for WHY having a skill like that is so dang amazing.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Another great trip report! Your Snow White inspired Dapper Day clothes are amazing! You and your friends all looked great!

And how awesome near the end of the day, you received a front of the line pass? I've never seen that pass before. I wonder when Disney hands those out?

Again, great trip report! Thanks for sharing your two amazing weekends! I hope we'll get another trip report when you attend Mickey's Halloween Party!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm determined to learn how to sew, my main motivation being to sew my own outfits for Dapper Day! Your dress is the perfect illustration for WHY having a skill like that is so dang amazing.

Its an invaluable skill. The wife has made all the kids halloween bags, nearly all of their costumes (sometimes it was cheaper to buy a ready-made princess dress, etc) over the kid's lives. I'll be posting a halloween outfit thread in the not too distant future with all the cosutmes she's made (there are a few non-disney ones in there, but most are disney related). This year its our oldest as Pocohantas, middle girl is the sidekick hummingbird, and youngest is the racoon. Oldest is always the star, and younger ones are sidekicks. Here's one from 4 years back.... the teacup was completely hand made by my wife, but I can't remember if she made that dress or not.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Great TR, well written and excellent pix. My wife and I are planning on doing the upcoming Dapper Day in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Its an invaluable skill. The wife has made all the kids halloween bags, nearly all of their costumes (sometimes it was cheaper to buy a ready-made princess dress, etc) over the kid's lives. I'll be posting a halloween outfit thread in the not too distant future with all the cosutmes she's made (there are a few non-disney ones in there, but most are disney related). This year its our oldest as Pocohantas, middle girl is the sidekick hummingbird, and youngest is the racoon. Oldest is always the star, and younger ones are sidekicks. Here's one from 4 years back.... the teacup was completely hand made by my wife, but I can't remember if she made that dress or not.

That is incredibly cute

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Awsome!!! I'm planning on being there for the next Dapper Day as well! Already planning my outfit too

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by TanyAnnette View Post
    Awsome!!! I'm planning on being there for the next Dapper Day as well! Already planning my outfit too
    The five of us will be there as well. We'll have to plan a MC-meet once the date gets nearer.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I gotta say, I've never been much of a selfie taker but after seeing all of yours, they just have such a FUN quality about them. They are so up close, personal and awesome!! And unexpected for sure which is what makes them great. Might have to do this next trip.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I gotta say, I've never been much of a selfie taker but after seeing all of yours, they just have such a FUN quality about them. They are so up close, personal and awesome!! And unexpected for sure which is what makes them great. Might have to do this next trip.
    Thanks!!! I'm not a compulsive selfie taker but with the characters? So much more fun!

•   
    • Ralzap

Too much fun. thanks for sharing.....
    Ralzap

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    The five of us will be there as well. We'll have to plan a MC-meet once the date gets nearer.
    Three families from phoenix are planning to be there, we are already planning our attire. We can't wait, maybe we will see some other phoenicians there too.
    Tink happy thoughts!

Omg I love the outfits! It looks like you guys had a blast!
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast