Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hot FIRE!

Re: Bringing your own music on the rides

I can't do it and don't want to. It takes me out of the experience. I cannot imagine per say listening to anything BUT Grim Grinning Ghosts on Mansion. If I did play my own music, then Space mountain might as well be just another coaster.

I shake my head each time when i see it at dispatch when I am at Space. it CAN be a safety issue as I have seen a few times guys and girls getting their cords tangled in a safety restraint.

...As I see it

• Kingdom Comedian

I did this right after Michael Jackson died. I listened to the audio for Captain EO while watching Honey I Shrunk the audience. Then (for no good reason) I listened to "We Are Here to Change the World" on Space Mountain. Both experiences were enjoyable.

This makes me think, Disney should sell "commentary tracks" featurng the imagineers (and maybe clips from Walt himself) so it's like having a DVD commentary but on the ride. That would be awesome. The only problem is you'd either have to get some serious noise cancelling headphones or turn it up REALLY loud.

We'll put a pin in this idea and come back to it...

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Question - how is it rude and antisocial on a ride? What social experience is going on there other than all being on the ride together?
    You don't have to talk to interact with a seatmate.

And the act of shunting your focus away from a companion by putting on those headphones is fundamentally an anti-social one... like as rude as checking one's phone while someone is speaking directly to you. You are in effect saying, "I'm going into my own world now."
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• MaliBOOMer

When the music is out on California Screamin' which happens quite a bit, I will play the Rockin' California Screamin' soundtrack through headphones.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•   
    • Minion

I have done this in the past. As for people who do this don't mind what other people do its their choice honestly how they want to enjoy the park IMO.

I wouldn't presume to change an existing soundtrack, but I've always thought AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" would be a perfect accompaniment to Big Thunder Mountain RR.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I wouldn't presume to change an existing soundtrack, but I've always thought AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" would be a perfect accompaniment to Big Thunder Mountain RR.
    I've never tried that one, I'll have to do it next time. I have used Crazy Train on there and it was awesome.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    You don't have to talk to interact with a seatmate.

And the act of shunting your focus away from a companion by putting on those headphones is fundamentally an anti-social one... like as rude as checking one's phone while someone is speaking directly to you. You are in effect saying, "I'm going into my own world now."
    When you get on something like Space Mountain, your focus is no longer on your companion. Your focus is now on holding on for dear life. At that point, it is no longer rude.

Now if the headphones didn't come off after the ride, that would be a different story.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Selfie Expert

I really fail to understand how putting headphones on and not talking during a ride is any more rude or disruptive than talking during a ride. I find people talking during the rides to be far more annoying than someone listening to their own music. People who go on a ride to socialize are being disrespectful to those who actually want to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the ride as it was intended. Those who wear headphones so that only they can hear their own soundtrack are being mindful of others, non-disruptive, and if that's how they enjoy the ride I don't see how that should negatively impact anyone else.

Wearing headphones off the rides, in lines, whatever... that I can see being antisocial. However, that is not the topic at hand.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

The thought has never once crossed my mind. I enjoy the rides as are, partially because of the music and sounds disney has already created to compliment the experience.

• Disney Philosopher

I like to travel as light as I can. I don't want any more baggage no matter how little it is, to worry about it getting lost, stolen, damaged or wet.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• a wind to shake the stars

Oh man I have to try Crazy Train on Thunder Mountain. That sounds awesome.

I always considered editing a song to fit the "format" of the Space Mountain or California Screamin' song, at which point you'd be able to press play at the same time and have a similar experience except with your own music. Never got around to it but it would be pretty simple.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Oh man I have to try Crazy Train on Thunder Mountain. That sounds awesome.

I always considered editing a song to fit the "format" of the Space Mountain or California Screamin' song, at which point you'd be able to press play at the same time and have a similar experience except with your own music. Never got around to it but it would be pretty simple.
    Yeah, someday I'll have to try to set that up for myself. There's a particular part of Narcissistic Cannibal that has about 45 seconds of really good turntable mixing going on that I'd love to time to the part where the ride is at it's fastest toward the end where it is going down, right, down, right, down, right, down, left, and then ends in the tunnel with the red lights, but I've never gotten around to it either.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    And if you're not by yourself, it's extremely rude/anti-social.
    No, I only do it when I'm by myself. I'd say about 50% of my visits to the park are solo.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I dislike seeing people in shopping malls or kids at dinner with their parents with their earbuds glued to their ears.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE music. There's a certain threshold I DO NOT pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    One day I rode HM 5-6 times and listened to Kanye's Yeezus over and over
    +100000 for kanye

you should look up his 3rd video on youtube of Flashing Lights. Reminds me of the haunted mansion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast