Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Indiana Scott

Re: Bringing your own music on the rides

"If you aint where your at, your nowhere"

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    So does anyone else occasionally bring their own music on the rides? Ever since I read about the imagineer (I think I read about it on MiceAge but I could be wrong) who used to bring his own headphones when he went on Space Mountain, and that's where the idea for music on Space Mountain came from, I've been bringing my own music whenever I go into the park. I generally like very loud, hardcore music anyway so it fits very well with riding a roller coaster. So here are my ideal songs that I've found for some of the different rides at Disneyland:

Space Mountain:
    Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
    Jay Price - Indie Anthems

California Screamin:
    DJ Jean - The Launch
    Jay Z & Linkin Park - Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You

Splash Mountain
    Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want
    Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain

Haunted Mansion (Regular)
    Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
    Charlie Clouser - Dead Silence Main Title

Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween
    Korn - Kidnap the Sandy Claus
    Rise Against - Making Christmas

Fantasmic
    The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
    Rammstein - Feuer frei
    New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)

Anyone else use their own music to customize some of the rides at Disneyland?
    I have not heard of people bringing their own music on the rides, but I am sure that it is enjoyable. I personally love the original ride music.
    --
    Disneyland23
    Disneyland...

Matterhorn-147 feet +

Space Mountain-128 feet

Thunder Mountain-104 feet

Splash Mountain-53 feet +

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    One day I rode HM 5-6 times and listened to Kanye's Yeezus over and over
    Lord Yeezus saves the ghosts, I love it.

I've only really done this once and it just so happened that "Famous" by Puddle of Mudd came up on shuffle during Space Mountain--it actually worked pretty well. I really like the Space Mountain music they give you though so I probably wouldn't bother to do it again.

I'd really only do it for rides without their own music. Time to post these again.

• Not the cheese.

I couldn't imagine hearing different music on rides at Disneyland...I'd imagine it'd have to be quite loud to overpower the immersion-level stuff they play. Now, having a backup track for Screamin' is a fantastic idea.

I'm kind of the opposite--when my mom and I would take long road trips through the desert, and we'd come to long stretches where we could go fast or feel our stomachs drop on gently dipping roads, we'd blast the Space Mountain soundtrack through the car's CD player and pretend we were on a roller coaster. Fun times.

Bringing music on to rides with no music would seem like fun, but it just wouldn't match that synchronization with the ride (unless you edit it, previously mentioned, but I can't listen to my own edited songs. The parts I had to cut and listen to over and over just stand out forever) which makes ride music so special for me.

• Foolish Mortal

I don't bring any music. I go to the parks to enjoy all the sites and sounds that can't be found outside of the parks.

I like to listen to Nine Inch Nails on IASW.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    So does anyone else occasionally bring their own music on the rides? Ever since I read about the imagineer (I think I read about it on MiceAge but I could be wrong) who used to bring his own headphones when he went on Space Mountain, and that's where the idea for music on Space Mountain came from, I've been bringing my own music whenever I go into the park. I generally like very loud, hardcore music anyway so it fits very well with riding a roller coaster. So here are my ideal songs that I've found for some of the different rides at Disneyland:

Space Mountain:
    Korn - Narcissistic Cannibal
    Jay Price - Indie Anthems

California Screamin:
    DJ Jean - The Launch
    Jay Z & Linkin Park - Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You

Splash Mountain
    Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want
    Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain

Haunted Mansion (Regular)
    Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
    Charlie Clouser - Dead Silence Main Title

Haunted Mansion Holiday
    Marilyn Manson - This is Halloween
    Korn - Kidnap the Sandy Claus
    Rise Against - Making Christmas

Fantasmic
    The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
    Rammstein - Feuer frei
    New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)

Anyone else use their own music to customize some of the rides at Disneyland?
    Not music per se but I did bring the original entire soundtrack to the Phantom manor from paris the one in english with Vincent Price as the ghost host. Hearing Vincent narrate the mansion is awesome if your a HM fan you have to try it!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Seeker of Fun

I actually think it's anti-social as well. That first impression is, "I'm turned off to the world around me." I get it..you go running, work out, etc..but at a place that was meant to be "social" it strikes me as out of place. Maybe because for most of us on these boards, we can't drive over to the park for dinner and a few rides, so the time we have there is cherished in it's entirety with those we love.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Yohohoho View Post
    I like to listen to Nine Inch Nails on IASW.
    That sounds freakin awesome! I haven't been in IASW since I was like 5 because of that song, but I just might have to try this one someday. Any particular song? Off the top of my head, I would think something like Head like a Hole and The Hand That Feeds would at least be loud enough to drown out the song.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Just drawn that way

I sometimes bring my ipod to listen to the first year Mansion holiday, or the original space. Sometimes I'll listen to driven by rush on Thunder and maybe one other song.
    I just like the sounds there more that my music.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Before Space Mountain had a soundtrack, I would bring my own for fun. For effect, I would wear the darkest sunglasses I could find. I would have the cassette tape queued up and then at the bottom of the first ramp, I would unleash Judas Priest "Hell Bent For Leather." For Thunder Mountain, I would unleash Judas Priest "Running Wild" as the train would turn into the tunnel. I'm not a Priest fan but these two songs were perfect for me.
    Last edited by Triton; 10-13-2013 at 03:40 AM.

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I actually think it's anti-social as well. That first impression is, "I'm turned off to the world around me." I get it..you go running, work out, etc..but at a place that was meant to be "social" it strikes me as out of place. Maybe because for most of us on these boards, we can't drive over to the park for dinner and a few rides, so the time we have there is cherished in it's entirety with those we love.
    Post of the year.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Yeah the next time I go, which will also be my last visit, i'm going to appropriately i think, listen to the soundtrack from Escape from Tomorrow, especially the Imaginate song!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Avid MC reader since 2005

The only ride I can imagine doing this on is the Halloween version of Space Mountain. I really don't care for the Ghost Galaxy music and wouldn't mind listening to the normal Space Mountain music on headphones during that ride.
    Otherwise, I have no interest in covering up the park music, it is part of the experience, well done, and nostalgic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast