How does the new GAC work?

Hi guys. I have a quick question. I have a disability pass that I've had for like a year two years? I bring it to them and they renew it because certain people get the take an alternate entrance stamp. I used it because I can't be standing for a quit a while in lines because I start getting anxious. How would the new GAC work like in my circumstances? Would I be able just to give them that pass like I always do or would it be different.

•   

Re: How does the new GAC work?

The system is changing, effective in about a week. When the time comes for your visit, just go to Guest Relations, exactly as before. Honestly explain what's going on. If appropriate under the new system, they will provide a new card for assistance and explain how to use it.

The internet is a treasure trove of misinformation about the GAC system, let alone the upcoming system that hasn't even been implemented yet. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

• Minion

We don't know. It starts on the 9th, so until it happens, no one knows for sure. How it is said to work, you will discuss your situation at City Hall and they will decide if the DAS will help you. If so, they will give you a card. If you have a card, you will go to the kiosks to sign up for a ride. You can then visit store/food and beverage locations until your time to ride. After you ride, you then proceed to the kiosk to get a time for another ride, and repeat through the day.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

The old passes are no longer valid. The new system is like the Fast Pass system I believe. Last weekend most of the people we saw were trying to use their passes as much as they could because they were going away today I think.

Thank You all who helped me. Lets see what happens when I go this month.

• Sock Puppet

• Former Churro Jockey

PLEASE post your experience on here. There have been pages and pages and pages of discussion and a lot of anger and it hasn't even come out yet. It would be really nice to hear from someone who legitimately needs assistance to review the new system and let us know if it works or not.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I'll be going on Sunday to use my GAC for the last time. I'm not sure if I'll be going on Tuesday yet (it might be a mess that day with everything being new), but if I do, I'll do a full report on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DL Lover in LA View Post
    I'll be going on Sunday to use my GAC for the last time. I'm not sure if I'll be going on Tuesday yet (it might be a mess that day with everything being new), but if I do, I'll do a full report on here.
    Thank you i might be going at the end of this month or the next