Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Mickey's Halloween Party ambiance/entertainment (HD video within!)

I had been previously only to the Not-So-Scary Halloween event at Disneyland two years ago, and was very impressed with some added features of the 'ambiance' sort at the event. First up, a great lighting and ambient sound package was installed at the old Nature's Wonderland pond behind Big Thunder:

A dragon appeared to have taken up residence on the outskirts of Fantasyland, near the old Skyway station and Casey Jr.'s Circus Train:

And the Cadaver (usually Dapper) Dans provided a lovely musical performance on the Rivers of America:

As enjoyable and good as these offerings were, it did make me a little sad, honestly - I was glad I bought a ticket to the event, but why not turn on the lighting and sound elements for all visitors during the month of October evening hours on non-party nights? The Dans could perform prior to Fantasmic!, even, perhaps. These are relatively simple additions, operation-wise, I would think - two of them are literally turning on extra lights and sound and can't have much 'cost' besides fog liquid or smoke. That is my only complaint - these offerings are so good I am a bit sad more people can't see them included for the overall admission package during October - but not intending to start another debate thread in so far as saying the Halloween party extra ticket event is terrible or a bad idea, just my rambling thoughts about it and hopefully going forward more can be added to the park for all guests during my favorite season.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party ambiance/entertainment (HD video within!)

Thank you for the Video's...I have not seen these small little touches they do to the parks for the events....and like you said..bring these to the park on normal days

It's just so against the old Disney Way of making everything amazing as you can make it...but only if you pay an extra price

one of these days I need to make it out the Halloween party. thanks for the glimpse.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Your always a master at showing the finer details of Disneyland and these videos don't disappoint. Thanks for sharing!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Thank you all very much for the compliments and glad the videos are enjoyed!

Were there any additions or changes to the parade?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by NicNac0404 View Post
    Were there any additions or changes to the parade?
    Actually, sadly, I couldn't tell you from personal experience as didn't watch it - sorry can't help more on that front!
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 10-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Sadly, this "upcharging" philosophy will probably be added to Christmas as well. Disney has turned the Halloween event from a modest activity at DCA to a sell-out (in more ways than one), high-priced ($67 at the door and $51 discounted advance/AP pricing, which is still a rip, IMHO) event at DL. The appeal for me in the past was exclusive access to a sparsely populated park. They are selling the park out to max capacity now for this event and because of the growth of popularity, will be doing the same thing to Christmas. Disney Corp has become a huge, money-grubbing entity. I'm trying like crazy to hold onto the magic, but it is definitely fading.

I love your videos! But they also make me a little sad because I will be getting married at the Rose Court Garden at Disneyland hotel in just over 2 weeks and I was really wanting to take my flower girl and ringbearer to the Party on October 18th since this will be their first trip to Disneyland and maybe the only one for a very long time. I went to buy tickets today and my heart sank when I saw they were sold out! If anybody has any avenues to obtain tickets or has tickets that they find they won't be able to use, please please please let me know! It would certainly make my fairytale complete!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Micaela7 View Post
    I love your videos! But they also make me a little sad because I will be getting married at the Rose Court Garden at Disneyland hotel in just over 2 weeks and I was really wanting to take my flower girl and ringbearer to the Party on October 18th since this will be their first trip to Disneyland and maybe the only one for a very long time. I went to buy tickets today and my heart sank when I saw they were sold out! If anybody has any avenues to obtain tickets or has tickets that they find they won't be able to use, please please please let me know! It would certainly make my fairytale complete!
    Do check on the day of event - it may well still be sold out, but it's happened before some tickets are available in the park day of. Not a for sure, but worth checking in case, and best of luck to you! In either case congratulations in getting married at the resort!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

The first video is beyond great. Usually people just past moments like this. Glad you captured it.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Thanks for the looks at this year's party. We haven't been in a couple of years and I'm impressed by the added details. What a world apart from the first event at DCA we went to!

Micaela7, congratulations on your wedding!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Thank you, I will definitely check first thing that morning. And thank you both for the well wishes I am very excited to begin building new traditions with Disney!

• waitin' to board

...great videos...thanks for posting them..

• I do believe in fairies!

Ditto on the compliments. It's been nice seeing a little of what goes on after dark. I went to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party back in 2006 back when it was only in DCA. Except for the motherload of candy it was a hype. I've never been to the DL version. It looks fabulous but I have to agree with JarrodDRagon...why can't they turn on the lighting special effects and bring on some of the acts for the regular park goers? I know they want to sell tickets to the "party", but it seems unfair to me. I suppose the only way I'm ever going to get the full effect is to buy a special event ticket. But having said this is it worth shelling out the $55+ bucks for it?
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast