Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Minion

Re: Why are there so many more people on the Disneyland forums than Disney Worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
    Sorry, posts like this irritate me from both ends of the spectrum. The whole "Well OUR park is better" theory is mind boggling. A true Disney fan will love both, or at least thrive to travel to both parks for the experience. I've been to both and asking me which one to go to is like asking me whether I want steak or lobster. Bottom line, I feel sorry for the "fans" who bash either park, and I tell that to each of them when they are wrong. Both resorts have things that are unique and at the end of the day there is Disney magic. I have never felt it otherwise.

Anyway, to the original question, the reason being is that this is a Disneyland-laden site. If you want to see a reversal of things go to wdwmagic.com. There you will see tons of talk about Disney World and you'll see the Disneyland board on that site active, but not overwhelming. So sort of like this site, but the roles are reversed. I visit both.
    A fan doesn't have to like everything, I would describe myself as a Disneyland fan not a Disney fan, there's a difference. Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a trip to WDW, it's just being a Disneyland fan doesn't automatically make you love all things Disney.

Re: Why are there so many more people on the Disneyland forums than Disney Worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    A fan doesn't have to like everything, I would describe myself as a Disneyland fan not a Disney fan, there's a difference. Doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a trip to WDW, it's just being a Disneyland fan doesn't automatically make you love all things Disney.
    But have you been to WDW? If not, is it because of finances or because of indifference and refusing to even check it out? If it is the second reason then it isn't even that I don't have patience for this type of person, it is that I feel sorry for them for being so close minded and cheating themselves out of a great experience. If you love Disneyland, you will love WDW and vice versa.

• Senior Minion

...If you love Disneyland, you will love WDW and vice versa.
    While I'm sure that's true for some people, in fact there have been uncounted hundreds if not thousands of posts on this forum in the last eight years that dispute that claim. Particularly from people who love Disneyland but do not love WDW.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Going to Disneyland, and going to Disney World are definitely two different experiences. When you further factor in the themepark habits of the traveler, you come up with many different scenarios.

I like to take it slow and easy on vacation, and I prefer Disneyland. I also enjoy Disney World, but not as much.

There are many places that people like to travel, and I have many times been told, "You should go here, or you should go there". You would love it. However, I have no desire to go some places.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Disneyland fans are emotionally invested in the cultural significance of the place, and they love talking about the nuances and little Walt details that ooze forth from Disneyland. It's a hobby and enthusiasm based in love and sincere appreciation. It also helps that the second gate next door went from Zero to Hero in three years flat. Disneyland is Walt Disney.

WDW fans are tourists from out of state who are more worried about something called a "refillable mug" and their DVC points and MagicBands and Magical Express times and making Dining Plan dinner reservations 180 days in advance of their visit. The WDW culture makes it hard to appreciate what park details there are there, because they are so stressed out over the finite details of their $5,000 vacation. It doesn't help that they go for a decade or more between opening major attractions at each park, so the conversation lags. Disney World is Meg Crofton.
    Thank you. Excellent post

BECAUSE DISNEYLAND IS THE BEST! Is it sad that I actually did a speech on how Disneyland is better than Disneyworld?
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

Oh, and I LOVE Disneyland, but I don't like Disneyworld. I love Epcot, but Magic Kingdom doesn't have the same feel to it that Disneyland has. It feels less..Disney. The rides they have in Disneyland are missing in Disneyworld, and while they have some of the same rides, like Pirates, and "phantom manor", they just don't feel that same, like they have a different quality to them. Epcot is amazing though, its a really cool idea. Disneyworld is a lot cleaner though.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "A girl?!"

• Minion

If you love Disneyland, you will love WDW and vice versa.
    Not necessarily. Disneyland and Disney World have enough differences to where they offer two different things to different sets of people. They're not the same, so you'll get people who like Disneyland, but not Disney World, like Disney World, but not Disneyland, or enjoy both, for different reasons.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SultrySiren View Post
    Oh, and I LOVE Disneyland, but I don't like Disneyworld. I love Epcot, but Magic Kingdom doesn't have the same feel to it that Disneyland has. It feels less..Disney. The rides they have in Disneyland are missing in Disneyworld, and while they have some of the same rides, like Pirates, and "phantom manor", they just don't feel that same, like they have a different quality to them. Epcot is amazing though, its a really cool idea. Disneyworld is a lot cleaner though.
    Phantom Manor doesn't exist in Magic Kingdom.

I thought it had another name, the haunted mansion in Disneyworld, but I could be wrong. I know it has another name in other Disney parks, as well as a storyline.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "A girl?!"

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Not necessarily. Disneyland and Disney World have enough differences to where they offer two different things to different sets of people. They're not the same, so you'll get people who like Disneyland, but not Disney World, like Disney World, but not Disneyland, or enjoy both, for different reasons.
    Seconded. Yes, I've been to WDW. No, I don't like it.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I don't know why there is less activity on the WDW board than on the DLR board but it is definitely a big difference. I am finally going to WDW in February and so I have been doing my investigating to learn all I can about WDW before going. I found that I could get more information about WDW on the DLR board than I could get from its own board. Anytime I logged in I could see way more people actively on DLR than WDW - like 4 to 1.

• failure for lunch

I thought it had another name, the haunted mansion in Disneyworld, but I could be wrong. I know it has another name in other Disney parks, as well as a storyline.
    So you made a speech comparing two things that you're not completely sure about?
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

I wasn't sure about the "actual title" of ONE ride, and I think I know a lot about both parks....Ive been to WDW more times than you can count, my dear. My point was, in that speech, that WDW is not as appealing to me as Disneyland. And like I said, in Disneyland Paris, they have the same rides, but they have different names in English.
    "Who's she?!?"
    "A girl?!"

• Minion

I wasn't sure about the "actual title" of ONE ride, and I think I know a lot about both parks....Ive been to WDW more times than you can count, my dear. My point was, in that speech, that WDW is not as appealing to me as Disneyland. And like I said, in Disneyland Paris, they have the same rides, but they have different names in English.
    I hope you don't take this as me being rude or mean in any way, but it seems that if you've been to WDW lots of times, you'd know that their Mansion is Haunted Mansion and not Phantom Manor, which is in Paris. Actually none of our (classic) rides go by different names there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234