Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Well, Its Oct. 2 and No Signs of Future Announcements or Attraction Construction

I know it's just the 2nd day of OCTOBER, but there don't seem to be any signs out there of forthcoming announcements or future attractions for the DLR. As far as MONSTROPOLIS getting going anytime soon as projected on this site, nothing out there even slightly or remotely hints to that being the case. In fact, the DCA calendar currently goes until Nov. 12 and they have nothing schedule to be down until then. I think it's safe to say that they aren't going to shutter the backlot and begin construction on anything major after Nov. 12 between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'm wondering what has happened with any of these exciting announcements Eiger talked about for DLR. I wonder if they have just tightened the purse strings and put a hold on any park investment for ANAHEIM. Also, why is it so difficult for TDA to put out a park calendar for more than a month in advance. WDW already has their daily calendar of park hours and down attractions set for the rest of the year.

Re: Well, Its Oct. 2 and No Signs of Future Announcements or Attraction Construction

I don't see any official announcements happening for any of these things for quite some time. Even if they are announced, they could just as easily be kept in limbo land a la Avatar Land.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Re: Well, Its Oct. 2 and No Signs of Future Announcements or Attraction Construction

I think if we are going to hear of anything it will be late November with the construction occurring 2nd week of January (the first Monday after holidays)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Artistic integrity

Wouldn't it be nice ... that they are actually thinking very carefully about what to greenlight - Because over-running Tomorrowland with more "Star Wars" ... and tooning up what we thought was going to be a faithful recreation of Hollywood circa 30s/40s .... are not the best what Disney could do! And they know they could do better!!

I'd love to hear these words -

Disney is not signing off on anything for a while ... they are actually thinking of reinforcing Tomorrowland's theme in the same vein as the 1967 Tomorrowland, and could very well turn the Peoplemover track back into another 16 minute leisurely ride ... that will increase Disneyland's capacity needs ... and reinforce Tomorrowland as a land for the WHOLE family .. and not just teens and 20somethings!

And over in DCA .... perhaps an idea that's not reinforcing a "toon" park run amok!

One could only hope.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Future Imagineer

Actually, there will be at least one announcement at the upcoming D23 expo in Tokyo (most likely monstropolis or new tomorrowland), so rest assured, announcements are coming

• former CM

Hope is free. (Exactly as ending a beloved parade "forever" was free.) Iger wants to keep hope alive and build as slowly as possible so that he can continue to earn 30 million a year for as long as possible. Seeing some large projects through to their end might help this end (Iger's 30 mil.), which is currently the ultimate goal of Walt Disney's company.

Fun fact: the chairman of Disney's board who hires Disney's CEO, IS Disney's CEO, just as the two positions were one in Eisner. In corporatograhy, this is known as "creepy" and bad governance.

Staggs & JR are (as Iger is working it) like Iger's VPs of the US (Quayle, Cheney, Biden) whom few want to replace the prez. MagicBands failure is a deliberate & highly public waste of 1 billion carefully smeared mostly on Staggs. See the late, great manager Bernie Brillstein's theory of Ovitz's quick, grand failure under Eisner. I don't buy BB's theory there, but it might fit here.

Iger is kind of cool in a Richard III kind of way, but
    I'd like Universal's Steve "the builder" Burke to run Disney, and Matt Ouimet to head Disney Outdoor Entertainment.

Sigh. Not gonna happen.

I also am into Disney because riding Disneyland's Dumbo is nice.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-02-2013 at 06:05 AM.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Actually, there will be at least one announcement at the upcoming D23 expo in Tokyo (most likely monstropolis or new tomorrowland), so rest assured, announcements are coming
    Just to add, the Tokyo D23 Expo is October 12th and 13th! Just a little over a week away now!!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    Also, why is it so difficult for TDA to put out a park calendar for more than a month in advance. WDW already has their daily calendar of park hours and down attractions set for the rest of the year.
    Different guest demographics. You've got a whole bunch of foreign tourists and Americans who plan their WDW vacations over a year in advance, have to make dining reservations over a year in advance, plan, plan, PLAN.

Disneyland's guests are mostly Americans who don't live far away, don't plan and most likely spending just one day at the parks.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    Just to add, the Tokyo D23 Expo is October 12th and 13th! Just a little over a week away now!!
    kind of excited!

• Blew By You

I'm announced-freaked over. The announcements have been awful of late. I nominate Disney Corp Office as the scariest haunted place on Earth. Zombie heaven.

How is this news?

• Singing Drinker

I am a little more hopeful that there may be something small within the next few days. The chess pieces are moving for the next round - Universal sent out a tweet about Daniel Radcliffe being at their park on the 3rd. Disney will likely have a scale-appropriate counter after they've made their move.

Considering Radcliffe's... connections... to the upcoming expansion and that the expansion at hand is already widely known, I would expect Disney to "announce" one of the more publicly known projects as well. Something like the Door Coaster or such - it's out there in the public discussion enough that it's not giving away a tool for a big push later.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    ^^^^
    This. And there is speculation that something will be announced for DL at the same time. The redo of tomorrowland should apparently be public in the not to distant future...which means nothing until we actually hear it of course.

Projects were probably waiting for the new fiscal year in order to get their next phase funded. That funding allows them to be developed to the point where they can be bought off by management. Until a project is developed to a certain point, it won't be announced.

So, it will probably still be some time before anything in the works at the moment will be announced.

• Seeker of Fun

I don't expect announcements..there's still confusion as to when Big Thunder is opening.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast