Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

No. If an individual or family finds it easier to enjoy the parks with an interest free monthly payment rather than a large chunk up front, I'm all for it.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    No. If an individual or family finds it easier to enjoy the parks with an interest free monthly payment rather than a large chunk up front, I'm all for it.
    My feelings exactly. I see nothing wrong with it.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How about just charge per use.......if a day at Disneyland is worth X, than shouldn't everyone pay X on that day? Is it really fair to charge one person $130+ dollars for the same experience you charge another $1.58 for ???

Am I really supposed to feel sorry for the "plight" of the latter and support monthly payments
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Singing Drinker

I'd think the better solution would be to simply bring the park back up to the previous daily ride per capita levels. The amount of rider capacity that's been lost without replacement (see any number of Al rants for starters) affects the entire park in a deeply negative way - more gridlock on the streets leads to raised tempers, more people in standby lines waiting out FPs leads to less rides per visit which means more people clogging the streets because the rides are maxing out the capacity which means...

Eventually they're going to *have* to do something to restrict the number of people showing up at a given point. So far the attendance has been creeping up yearly seemingly independent of anything Disney's done. But that'll be a fight for another week, and hopefully after they've brought the park back to 55k+ attendance caps with more ride capacity.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

While I would love if the parks were less crowded, I have no problem with monthly payments. After shelling out the cash upfront for 11 years, it was nice to have the monthly payments to work into our budget just like any other recurring payment we were making.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swaggerjagger View Post
    If Disney got rid of monthly payments, would it lower the crowds?
    Personally, I feel Disney started getting more crowded when the monthly payments started.

I think they should either remove it completely or only offer it on the Deluxe and Premium passes.
    In chronological order:
    1. Get rid of payment plan.
    2. Get rid of HIGHER Annual Passes altogether. No way anyone needs to go to the park everyday, especially if the park is expected to be crowded with high-paying customers, who should get their money's worth, lest they never return with their money. And raise the prices on the LOWER Annual Passes.
    3. Then, get rid of the rest of the Annual Passes.

Whole process would take about four years. So enjoy it now before I become president of the resort. (In my head.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'd think the better solution would be to simply bring the park back up to the previous daily ride per capita levels. The amount of rider capacity that's been lost without replacement (see any number of Al rants for starters) affects the entire park in a deeply negative way - more gridlock on the streets leads to raised tempers, more people in standby lines waiting out FPs leads to less rides per visit which means more people clogging the streets because the rides are maxing out the capacity which means...

Eventually they're going to *have* to do something to restrict the number of people showing up at a given point. So far the attendance has been creeping up yearly seemingly independent of anything Disney's done. But that'll be a fight for another week, and hopefully after they've brought the park back to 55k+ attendance caps with more ride capacity.
    You know what would also be great? Getting back to 80K capacity, so that 55K doesn't seem so bad. That would require another popular option being removed, so that guests are off the paths and in queues.

Do note that attendance is counted as one person entering the park, and not how much time they spend there. Lots of late-night swing-byers add to attendance without necessarily affecting capacity. Attendance is rising without a commensurate increase in revenue (I think). Heck, when AP prices go up, the response of those renewing is simply to go more often.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Disney will keep pushing the cost and attendance higher until the guest cry uncle, the only thing that matters with today's top dog's is the bottom line..so we can keep on trying to fool ourselves that they care about what we have to say, or hit them where it hurts their pockets, until then enjoy what they push on us and are willing to pay....my two cents.
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

Quote Originally Posted by TanyAnnette View Post
    My feelings exactly. I see nothing wrong with it.
    I agree with these personally. I think that giving people the option to have a monthly payment gives a person, group, or family a chance at the magic. I actually think that sometimes it can help with the crowds in ways. If you have an AP and say you go on a really crowded day you might just say "ill come back another day" not worrying since you didn't have to pay for the exact day. Also when you have an AP you like to do the smaller things and just enjoy more then running from ride to ride to ride. Since you can come back anytime. I remember when we use tickets we were always in a rush to get everything done we could. But with APs we could just relax a bit. If a line was long we would come back later or next trip.

I'd like to see the monthly payment options on the lower-tier passes taken away; or heck, take the two low tier passes away completely. They don't account for a huge percentage of APers anyways from what I understand. What I think would really help is just one-type of pass (that includes parking) with blockout dates equivalent to the current deluxe format.

As for the crowds; I don't know what to say. I think the poster who mentioned the West-coast (specifically Cali) loyalty to Disneyland is on to something. I also feel that Disneyland has been becoming more popular to visit then Disney World, which may be adding to the crowds.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleandginger View Post
    I agree with these personally. I think that giving people the option to have a monthly payment gives a person, group, or family a chance at the magic. I actually think that sometimes it can help with the crowds in ways. If you have an AP and say you go on a really crowded day you might just say "ill come back another day" not worrying since you didn't have to pay for the exact day. Also when you have an AP you like to do the smaller things and just enjoy more then running from ride to ride to ride. Since you can come back anytime. I remember when we use tickets we were always in a rush to get everything done we could. But with APs we could just relax a bit. If a line was long we would come back later or next trip.
    Yes, thank you for this.

Also, it can't be assumed that ALL APs live in close proximaty to the parks to to everyday. For instance again, myself. I live 4 hours away but buying an AP was the smarter option for me, as I was planning two sepparate trips that would have required me to purchase a three-day park hopper twice. For just a little more AND with the added benefit of monthly payments I sprang for the Premium AP. Doesn't change the fact that I live 4 hours away (unfortunately, lol), but it does give me options when planning for my next trip plus I don't have to worry about buying tickets.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld View Post
    Disney also likes satisfied customers.
    More like Disney prefers satisfied customers but will still do whatever is the most profitable.

Take away the AP program and I might as well stay in Oregon...

As a very poor older woman who dreams of retiring to Southern California and visiting Disneyland three days a week in the company of my Trained Psychiatric Service Dog-- not gonna take up line space on thrill rides, just sit and soak up ambiance, catch a parade, drink a coffee, heal from trauma -- taking away an opportunity to budget a monthly pass into my Social Security income would absolutely suck.

I can't imagine Walt Disney wanting to restrict Disneyland attendance only to those who have large wads of cash or extensive credit.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You know what would also be great? Getting back to 80K capacity, so that 55K doesn't seem so bad.
    Baby steps... baby steps...
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

When the Dollar becomes more important than the Dream the end is in sight ...
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast