Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    but my argument was always that APs are a "want", not a "need".
    Any trip to an amusement park is a want and not a need, whether you use an AP for admission or not. Not sure I understand what point you're trying to make.

• Parmageddon Jim

In answer to the OP, nope!
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Any trip to an amusement park is a want and not a need, whether you use an AP for admission or not. Not sure I understand what point you're trying to make.
    I congratulate you if $92, $329, and $599 is all the same to you.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Simple. People who enjoyed the experience and have figured out their budget to allow for multiple visits. SOME of those customers will be doing it for strictly emotional reasons, but it's reductive and unfair to claim that ALL are simply being emotional. It's even worse saying they're impulsive. I'm sure that there are some people who impulsively drop thousands of dollars on a whim, but that's such a 1% problem that I can't even see the concept of it from my economic strata.

It's not "emotional" to go to a restaurant you like multiple times or read a book you enjoy multiple times - it's a mark that you enjoyed the experience and the way it was delivered. Repeat customers are a known and planned for event. Why should Disneyland be different?
    It isn't a negative to call it what it is. It is very well and good to get what you paid for, but such experiences isn't organic. Disney knows it's audiences and cater to such expectations.

• Selfie Expert

So you're saying that $92 is a need and $329 is a want? How are any of those admission prices not a "want", exactly as kirstenh said? I'm really unclear on what it is you're trying to say.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Singing Drinker

It isn't a negative to call it what it is. It is very well and good to get what you paid for, but such experiences isn't organic. Disney knows it's audiences and cater to such expectations.
    It is a negative when you use terms such as "emotional" to define or dismiss purchases. The reality is that the prices are expensive enough that the average baseline income household can't just one morning say "Oh my, passes for all of us sounds WONDERFUL, let's go do that" - emotionally they may WANT such a thing, but reality asserts itself and a $300+ family of four monthly payment is not something to be entered into without logically addressing your budget and spending needs.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    So you're saying that $92 is a need and $329 is a want? How are any of those admission prices not a "want", exactly as kirstenh said? I'm really unclear on what it is you're trying to say.
    If they are ALL WANTS, why pay more? A person can quite get their fill in one or two visits. Yet many take the AP route since they are persuaded by the benefits as unnecessary as they are. Please reference my posts in their entirety instead of taking them out of context and misunderstanding the argument.
    Last edited by StevenW; 12-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    It is a negative when you use terms such as "emotional" to define or dismiss purchases. The reality is that the prices are expensive enough that the average baseline income household can't just one morning say "Oh my, passes for all of us sounds WONDERFUL, let's go do that" - emotionally they may WANT such a thing, but reality asserts itself and a $300+ family of four monthly payment is not something to be entered into without logically addressing your budget and spending needs.
    THATS the entire basis of an emotional purchase including that of the monthly payment scheme. Whether households are willing to do that is no longer the issue since it is clear that many are doing this exactly as intended.

• Rock Star Minion

If they are ALL WANTS, why pay more? A person can quite get their fill in one or two visits. Yet many take the AP route since they are persuaded by the benefits as unnecessary as they are. Please reference my posts in their entirety instead of taking them out of context and misunderstanding the argument.
    Apparently, two visits is not enough for the average guest. And $92 per visit is too much for the average guest.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

THATS the entire basis of an emotional purchase including that of the monthly payment scheme. Whether households are willing to do that is no longer the issue since it is clear that many are doing this exactly as intended.
    *blows ref whistle* You can't coopt the argument simply by stating that the rebuttal is actually an argument for the point. Sorry, going to have to issue a ten yard penalty and loss of down on that.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Where did I say it was all the same? I said it was always a want and not a need.

A person can quite get their fill in one or two visits.
    That is your opinion, not a categoric fact. I have been 4 times and there are still attractions/shows I haven't seen that I would like to.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I know why Disney has the plan, because it definitely increases those willing to make the purchase. But for those who say that they couldn't get the pass without it, couldn't you just do the saving yourself before buying the pass each year? I don't see how it serves any sort of necessary service that one should be upset about losing.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Why should someone save up for a year... when they can make a monthly payment and go now... It's better for Disney, and better for them. BIG NO. Monthly Plans are here to stay, and should stay. Disneyland was never built for the elite.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disneyland is not the sort of place that most people visit one or twice, and they don't want to return again. It is full of lots of different things to do. It is located nearby to lots of people, and so an annual pass make sense for those people. I'd jump at the chance to pay monthly payments, if I qualified, considering that no interest is charged. I never quite get my fill of Disneyland when I visit, and I always want to go back again, and again.