Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 353
  1. #316

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Why should someone save up for a year... when they can make a monthly payment and go now... It's better for Disney, and better for them. BIG NO. Monthly Plans are here to stay, and should stay. Disneyland was never built for the elite.
    They could do it through a credit card and get the same situation... only they'd be paying interest on the unpaid principle balance. I still say Disney is leaving a lot of $ on the table and the AP is still a good deal if you are a frequent visitor even if it had a 10% payment fee tacked onto it.

  2. #317

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    *blows ref whistle* You can't coopt the argument simply by stating that the rebuttal is actually an argument for the point. Sorry, going to have to issue a ten yard penalty and loss of down on that.
    Don't people often use the term "Your argument proves my point". It would appear my argument was responded to by your rebuttal that didn't do much at all.

    You tried to make it seem like there is a rational basis to purchase an AP by considering the costs and value to the purchaser aside from mere emotions. Okay, I considered it. It doesn't exist.

  3. #318

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Disneyland is not the sort of place that most people visit one or twice, and they don't want to return again. It is full of lots of different things to do. It is located nearby to lots of people, and so an annual pass make sense for those people. I'd jump at the chance to pay monthly payments, if I qualified, considering that no interest is charged. I never quite get my fill of Disneyland when I visit, and I always want to go back again, and again.
    Pre-AP, people made once a year visits or longer intervals. Why is that? Ticket prices also seem cheap relative to today's prices.

    This new phenomenon is based on a number of factors including that of ticket policies. It is Disney driven demand from Disney marketing.

    There is no going back to what it was, but elsewhere in this same thread, people want the ticket books back, thus restricting demand. Regardless of whether you want to come back repeatedly, it will be quite easy to restrain such impulses if Disney makes another unpopular decision.

  4. #319

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,133

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Don't people often use the term "Your argument proves my point". It would appear my argument was responded to by your rebuttal that didn't do much at all.

    You tried to make it seem like there is a rational basis to purchase an AP by considering the costs and value to the purchaser aside from mere emotions. Okay, I considered it. It doesn't exist.
    I am utterly unable to believe your point. To state that there is no rational basis for buying an AP - to say that someone might actually try to figure out the best possible value to entertain themselves is impossible - is beyond comprehension on this one.

    Why is it not logical to look at the price of an annual pass and compare it's value to other sources of entertainment? People do it here all the time - how much per day value are you getting out of your AP? With your visiting habits, are you better served by paying for a Disneyland AP, or is it more realistic to save your money for a night out? Does your ability to go to and from the park and the costs entailed therein push your costs out of your personal budget range?

    All of these are *logical* decisions that must at least be considered. Unless you're REALLY seriously an introverted hermit, entertainment is very close to a necessity in some form in order to remain a sane human - lock someone in a room with no entertainment and it WILL break them, probably permanently (see any number of studies on the effect of semipermanent isolation punishment on prisoners locked in Solitary for decades - it shows exactly how far over the rainbow one gets).

    Unless you're going to make the argument that humanity does not NEED entertainment - that the decades of research showing our natural, inbred need for diversion that extends up and down the chain of life through hundreds of species doesn't exist - there's a definite logical basis to consider purchasing an AP. With the payment plan they brought the costs into a frame that can be broken down and compared - logically, rationally, easily - against almost any other form of entertainment we as humans will participate in.

    Penalty stands, added fifteen yard penalty for delay of game.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  5. #320

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,073

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    If they are ALL WANTS, why pay more? A person can quite get their fill in one or two visits. Yet many take the AP route since they are persuaded by the benefits as unnecessary as they are. Please reference my posts in their entirety instead of taking them out of context and misunderstanding the argument.
    I'm not going to quote all of your posts, I'm sorry, and I was asking for clarification because I was in fact not understanding your point... hence asking for clarification. I'm sorry if trying to get what your point is somehow offends you, that was no my objective.

    As others have said, I think you're using the words "emotional" and "impulsive" interchangeably. I disagree with this stance. An emotional tie to something does not make a purchase impulsive. I absolutely have an emotional tie to Disneyland, but when I purchased an AP last year it was based on the fact that I could take more trips for less money overall, and chose to give up visiting other destinations in favor of it. It was not at all an impulsive purchase. I really think more AP holders make the same decision to purchase based on the fact that the numbers make sense. I understand that going to a theme park is "emotional" in that it's a want, but for the most part I don't think the majority of visitors make a single day or AP purchase on impulse.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  6. #321

    • A Happy Haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    136

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Impulsive. No.
    monthly payment options fit certain people's needs. Not impulsive people's needs.
    - Maybe "needs" is the wrong word. I believe an impulsive will buy with potential regret. Like a car that costs too much.

    Here's something to consider which I don't think anyone has mentioned.
    If you miss on payment, you're AP is not valid until the balance is paid in full. Also, if you fail to pay balance in full, you are not allowed to buy a new AP.

    The monthly payment option is great. For numerous reasons. I haven't seen one valid reason that it is not. I have however seen emotional and impulsive responses to it with comments like "overcrowding" etc. where are the official stats to prove this.

    Emotionally, I will say, it does peeve me a bit to see AP holders wearing their passes around their necks on lanyards. It's pointless to me as well as arrogant.

  7. #322

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I am utterly unable to believe your point. To state that there is no rational basis for buying an AP - to say that someone might actually try to figure out the best possible value to entertain themselves is impossible - is beyond comprehension on this one.

    Why is it not logical to look at the price of an annual pass and compare it's value to other sources of entertainment? People do it here all the time - how much per day value are you getting out of your AP? With your visiting habits, are you better served by paying for a Disneyland AP, or is it more realistic to save your money for a night out? Does your ability to go to and from the park and the costs entailed therein push your costs out of your personal budget range?

    All of these are *logical* decisions that must at least be considered. Unless you're REALLY seriously an introverted hermit, entertainment is very close to a necessity in some form in order to remain a sane human - lock someone in a room with no entertainment and it WILL break them, probably permanently (see any number of studies on the effect of semipermanent isolation punishment on prisoners locked in Solitary for decades - it shows exactly how far over the rainbow one gets).

    Unless you're going to make the argument that humanity does not NEED entertainment - that the decades of research showing our natural, inbred need for diversion that extends up and down the chain of life through hundreds of species doesn't exist - there's a definite logical basis to consider purchasing an AP. With the payment plan they brought the costs into a frame that can be broken down and compared - logically, rationally, easily - against almost any other form of entertainment we as humans will participate in.

    Penalty stands, added fifteen yard penalty for delay of game.
    Wow, that was convincing. NOT. Your response is so full of emotions that I have to discount your argument for the rational consideration of the purchase of an AP. Yes, I agree people can consider many entertainment options rationally and it means Disney isn't it. An AP isn't a rational decision in the same way buying season tickets to a sports team makes no sense and buying a $300 ticket to see Madonna and Brittany Spears. These decisions to purchase the tickets are either one or the other usually. You already have the money so a rational decision is irrelevant. If you can't afford it, use the monthly payment route or cut back on other purchases.

    "Sane humans" have done without Disney or done in small doses. What's the rational basis of going more? Love of Disney? That's not rational.

  8. #323

    • A Happy Haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    136

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    If you can afford it, why not a monthly installment?

  9. #324

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,819

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post

    "Sane humans" have done without Disney or done in small doses. What's the rational basis of going more? Love of Disney? That's not rational.
    Less stress to get on a ton of rides.
    Perks such as dining discounts, attraction previews, and AP special events.
    Seems reasonable to me.




  10. #325

    • A Happy Haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    136

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    There is rational when deciding how and when to spend. Not everyone does or can. Many do and will.
    We can all agree, Disneyland is not a need. Neither are nikes, movie tickets, netflix, new cars, fancy watches (or any timepiece), iPhones, Internet, college, most food and bottled water...

    it becomes a silly argument when these points are placed into the conversation.

    why pay a full amount now, when you can later? With no interest and minimal (one) penalty?

    For me, I say why not? It allows me to have - nikes, movie tickets, netflix, new cars, fancy watches, iPhones, Internet, college, most foods and bottled water...etc.

    I've used non-impulsive, intelligent decision making processes to come to these conclusions.

    we can all LOL now

  11. #326

    • A Happy Haunt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    136

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Less stress to get on a ton of rides.
    Perks such as dining discounts, attraction previews, and AP special events.
    Seems reasonable to me.
    Agree.
    Usually, we go to enjoy what we enjoy. Be it the same ride over and over, a special event or some atmosphere.
    yes, I've been to DL for atmosphere.
    If you can and decide to go more than not, you have that "luxury". It's tremendous.

  12. #327

    • Disneyland Dreamer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Historic Downtown Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I am utterly unable to believe your point. To state that there is no rational basis for buying an AP - to say that someone might actually try to figure out the best possible value to entertain themselves is impossible - is beyond comprehension on this one..
    Agreed. I crunched the numbers long and hard for APs for us. Just isn't worth it as we can only afford about 7 days in park per year, and an AP breaks even at 11 days provided you are running 5-day parkhopper rates. APs make sense.... for those who can attend the park more than a few days per year.

  13. #328

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    135

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    I was a premium AP holder for 3 years but when they raised the price to $649 ($669 now) I opted out (+6 actually, as my whole family opted out). I haven't been to the park in 2 years. I no longer felt there was value in having an AP. I do believe I read somewhere that in the last couple of years the number of AP holders has diminished and the parks are drawing in more tourists. I do know that my little family of AP holders went to the park maybe 6-8 times a year (coming close to breaking even on per day ticket price so hardly getting in for pennies), so to assume that all 1 million AP holders are hitting the park on a weekly basis is ridiculous.

  14. #329

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,661

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Agreed. I crunched the numbers long and hard for APs for us. Just isn't worth it as we can only afford about 7 days in park per year, and an AP breaks even at 11 days provided you are running 5-day parkhopper rates. APs make sense.... for those who can attend the park more than a few days per year.
    That also have to WANT to go to the park that often. The people who purchase AP's do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbee View Post
    I was a premium AP holder for 3 years but when they raised the price to $649 ($669 now) I opted out (+6 actually, as my whole family opted out). I haven't been to the park in 2 years. I no longer felt there was value in having an AP. I do believe I read somewhere that in the last couple of years the number of AP holders has diminished and the parks are drawing in more tourists. I do know that my little family of AP holders went to the park maybe 6-8 times a year (coming close to breaking even on per day ticket price so hardly getting in for pennies), so to assume that all 1 million AP holders are hitting the park on a weekly basis is ridiculous.
    Not weekly. And not all of them.
    I assume an average of about 12 times a year, or about once a month, for my simple analyses.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  15. #330

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    8

    Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

    Quote Originally Posted by swaggerjagger View Post
    If Disney got rid of monthly payments, would it lower the crowds?
    Personally, I feel Disney started getting more crowded when the monthly payments started.

    I think they should either remove it completely or only offer it on the Deluxe and Premium passes.
    No, That's the only way I could afford to go to DL so often. Disney isnt only for the "privileged" us lower paid citizens need fun vacations too! Honestly I think that's sort of a rude question. To almost assume you have more rights because you can afford to put a few thousand down right this second, that its an entitlement issue? No, disney is meant for everyone. It's also easier on my wallet every month so I can still pay all my bills, (rent, phone, utlities, gas, car payment, necessities etc) and still have fun at the end of the month to go to personal things. Just my opinion.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:36 PM
  2. [Question] Should we get Rid of Matterhorn for Expedition Everest: poll and video
    By SoCalbma in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 10:29 PM
  3. [Question] What year did Disney get rid of
    By leslie_537 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
  4. [Rumor] FastPass - Will Disney Get Rid of It? The Latest Rumor from the Resort
    By AidensDaddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
  5. Get rid of Chevron for Autopia
    By Disneyfreak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •