Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Should Disney get rid of monthly payments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with Frontierland? I know the issues with Tomorrowland, but the most I see about Frontierland, besides the BTMR work, is the land that is available for expansion. Unless that's the Frontierland issues you're alluding to.

Besides, it's not like there's been 0 work at the parks. DCA just got a huge, costly update, along with the Princess Fantasy Faire area.
    And both of those were extremely well done. Plus there's the Jolly Holiday (they didn't skimp on their design and execution there); there was the Star Tours update; there have been the long extensive overhauls of Matterhorn and BTMRR, et al.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    ...Besides, it's not like there's been 0 work at the parks. DCA just got a huge, costly update, along with the Princess Fantasy Faire area.
    DCA didn't get an "update," DCA was a flat-out failure that forced the company to fix it (well, partly) with money that should have been spent on it a decade before.

The point is that the idea of Disney raising prices so it can improve Disneyland is a fantasy. The profits go to the shareholders, to ever-rising executive compensation packages and bonuses, and to buying brands like Marvel and Lucas. Pushing monthly AP payments profits Disney. It does not profit Disneyland.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-04-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin999 View Post
    Also the monthly payments for Premium passes work just fine for us. For 3 passes we pay $144 a month which is less than buying 1 day park hoppers for 3 and we go at least once a month.
    1 Day Park Hoppers are $137 per person. So buying three 1 Day Park Hoppers per month would cost you $411 per month for a family of three.

If you only go to Disneyland once per month with your AP, you are getting into the parks for an extreme discount. Steerage rates, really. If you go twice per month, you are entering on truck freight rates, not even steerage. And that's with a Premium AP. For those with SoCal or SoCal Select who visit once per month, it's almost like Disney is paying them to be there.

HANDY TIP: When a CM might do something nice for you, or you are fishing for extra special treatment from a CM, or you are complaining about something to a CM, under no circumstances should you say "I'm an Annual Passholder, and..." That shuts down the service solution right there, as CM's know how cheaply that AP's enter the parks and have been told by management how much less per day they spend compared to the average domestic or international tourist. It also doesn't help that management openly blames high AP attendance days for the times that CM's have to park at Angel Stadium and be bussed in. (The next Stadium parking day is Sunday the 6th, due to no AP blockouts) Flouting your AP puts the CM on the defensive, and dials back the services offered immediately.

• Disney Philosopher

I think that they should get rid of all tickets and sell only premium AP's. Make anyone that comes to the park buy one. The only way in.

Besides I don't want to rub shoulders with poor people or smelly foreigners.

BTW, I am attempting sarcasm here, for those of you that can't recognize it.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

Sometimes I feel like it's forgotten on these threads that an AP is not the only way to get into the parks. If you can't afford an AP, you can still visit a couple times a year for less money.

And, if they would either eliminate or raise the prices on APs, they could comfortably lower daily admission prices. It's a much more affordable luxury if you don't go on a weekly basis.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Maybe I'm alone in this but maybe it's not APs and people on monthly payments for those APs "causing" higher crowds at the parks (if that wasn't the gist of the original post, please correct me).........

.....maybe it's because Disneyland is a popular place worldwide and there's just a lot of people EVERYWHERE that want to see it? Just my two cents. *scurries back with coffee*

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

[QUOTE=Big D;1057030607]It's pretty hard for any business to take away something once they've introduced it and people have gotten used to it. So if Disney did get rid of the monthly payments, they'd have to be prepared to deal with a pretty large number of upset people. QUOTE]

Well said i beleve this is why we are seeing such a backlash on the gac and new program

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    And, if they would either eliminate or raise the prices on APs, they could comfortably lower daily admission prices. It's a much more affordable luxury if you don't go on a weekly basis.
    Yes.
    That is how Disneyland was meant to be enjoyed. Once or twice a year.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    HANDY TIP: When a CM might do something nice for you, or you are fishing for extra special treatment from a CM, or you are complaining about something to a CM, under no circumstances should you say "I'm an Annual Passholder, and..." That shuts down the service solution right there, as CM's know how cheaply that AP's enter the parks and have been told by management how much less per day they spend compared to the average domestic or international tourist. It also doesn't help that management openly blames high AP attendance days for the times that CM's have to park at Angel Stadium and be bussed in. (The next Stadium parking day is Sunday the 6th, due to no AP blockouts) Flouting your AP puts the CM on the defensive, and dials back the services offered immediately.
    Absolute truth here. CM's as a whole have a distaste towards the AP population. While it's wonderful to see familiar faces every once in a while, flaunting the pass as if it includes special treatment is the way to receive an immediate reduction in the quality of service. In addition, filing a complaint about a CM at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce should only be used in an instance where a CM violated the rules, which includes behaving in an inappropriate manner or not following procedure. It should never be used because you didn't get your way. The latter type of complaints are actually largely either thrown out or disregarded by managers before they reach the CM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
    Absolute truth here. CM's as a whole have a distaste towards the AP population. While it's wonderful to see familiar faces every once in a while, flaunting the pass as if it includes special treatment is the way to receive an immediate reduction in the quality of service. In addition, filing a complaint about a CM at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce should only be used in an instance where a CM violated the rules, which includes behaving in an inappropriate manner or not following procedure.
    So then when a worker initiates “an immediate reduction in the quality of service” because they find out someone is a pass holder, it would be an appropriate time to complain to City Hall because they are “violating the rules, which includes behaving in an inappropriate manner or not following procedure” because the workers there are never supposed to reduce the quality of service under any circumstances.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    That would make it impossible for me to ever go to Disneyland again. You have to remember not every Disneyland fan is rich. Some, like me, live on Social Security and after paying rent and electric and phone and Cable bills I still have to buy groceries. The only way a Senior can afford any kind kind of Pass is by doing a monthly payment. Plus I am handicapped and have to have money to rent one of those EVC scooters as I can't walk very far without having to sit down even with a cane. I have been going to Disneyland since the day it opened in 1955 and I don't think I should be barred from going just because Social Security doesn't even cover the full price of Any Pass. If you think this doesn't hurt wait until you turn 71 have a debilitating illness and you might be singing a different tune. Enjoy your young life now before you get to old to work and depend on Social Security.
    You don't need a pass. You need groceries, you need housing, you need your handicap accessories. To say that it's unfair that you can't afford a pass is an example of first-world problems at its finest.

Nobody needs to go to Disneyland. An AP is an unnecessary luxury. It shouldn't have to be accommodating to everyone, just like sports cars and designer clothes aren't accommodating to every financial status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    That would make it impossible for me to ever go to Disneyland again. You have to remember not every Disneyland fan is rich. Some, like me, live on Social Security and after paying rent and electric and phone and Cable bills I still have to buy groceries. The only way a Senior can afford any kind kind of Pass is by doing a monthly payment. Plus I am handicapped and have to have money to rent one of those EVC scooters as I can't walk very far without having to sit down even with a cane. I have been going to Disneyland since the day it opened in 1955 and I don't think I should be barred from going just because Social Security doesn't even cover the full price of Any Pass.
    Too bad. I only go to Disneyland once per year, and I save up for it. What makes you think that being on Social Security entitles you to go as often as you wish? There are people who are young and working that are on fixed incomes too and can't afford to go. If you lived out of state would you demand that Disney provide transportation for you too? It is a luxury, not every can afford it and it isn't "unfair" if someone can't afford an annual pass to a theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So then when a worker initiates “an immediate reduction in the quality of service” because they find out someone is a pass holder, it would be an appropriate time to complain to City Hall because they are “violating the rules, which includes behaving in an inappropriate manner or not following procedure” because the workers there are never supposed to reduce the quality of service under any circumstances.
    No, my mistake, I meant those as two separate thoughts. The first part was piggybacking off of what Westsider had stated, about when AP's flaunt their membership." The second thought was how many AP's turn to filing complaints because they didn't their way, which is a separate issue.

Sorry, should have made that clearer the first time!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Too bad. I only go to Disneyland once per year, and I save up for it. What makes you think that being on Social Security entitles you to go as often as you wish? There are people who are young and working that are on fixed incomes too and can't afford to go. If you lived out of state would you demand that Disney provide transportation for you too? It is a luxury, not every can afford it and it isn't "unfair" if someone can't afford an annual pass to a theme park.
    Exactly. Do you all realize how many people can only dream of going to Disneyland just once?! And they work hard to make the full payments on their tickets, often for once-in-a-liftetime trips.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    You don't need a pass. You need groceries, you need housing, you need your handicap accessories. To say that it's unfair that you can't afford a pass is an example of first-world problems at its finest.

Nobody needs to go to Disneyland. An AP is an unnecessary luxury. It shouldn't have to be accommodating to everyone, just like sports cars and designer clothes aren't accommodating to every financial status.
    Um, wow bro, no need to jump down his throat. I didn't see anywhere where he said it was something he was entitled to or something that was his right to have. He just said that if Disney gets rid of the monthly payments, then some lower-income people such as those on Social Security won't be able to go. It's a nice thing that Disney does (which also does help them make more money) and he'd rather it not go away. You're entitled to disagree, but I think his point is that he would like you to see things from his point of view before you decide that Disney should get rid of monthly payments in order to make the parks less crowded.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast