Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hotel inside the castle at Disneyland?

I was at my kids' school recently, and overheard a teenage volunteer telling one of the kids that there was a hotel inside the "big castle" at Disneyland, and you could make reservations to stay there.

I questioned the volunteer, telling her that I didn't think there was such a place, and describing the Dream Suite at Walt Disney World in Florida and the Dream Suite in the Pirates of the Caribbean building in New Orleans Square at Disneyland, but these were special suites that you could only win in a contest. The person insisted that there was a hotel inside the castle, because she knew people who worked at Disneyland.

I think I am fairly knowledgeable about Disneyland history and what exists in the park today, and am 98.5% certain there is no such place, nor was there ever such a place. There are only a few retail stores on the ground level of the castle building proper, and of course on the second floor there is the Sleeping Beauty attraction, which was built a few years after the park's opening because Walt Disney wanted to do something with that empty space.

But I wanted to throw this out to the discussion forum.

Also, if there is no such hotel, what do you think she was thinking about?

Thanks, everyone.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: hotel inside the castle at Disneyland?

She was talking about WDW. That's it. Sleeping beauty's castle is TINY, so even if they wanted to do it, there's simply no room.

• Minion

You're completely right, the kid is wrong

There is no hotel in any Disney castle and you cannot make reservations to sleep in any castle in any park.

However, in Florida a space inside Cinderella's Castle that was intended to be Walt Disney's personal office was converted in 2007 into the "Cinderella Castle Suite", which is an opulent and extraordinary room that was offered as a prize in the One Million Dreams promotion back in 2008 and 2009. No one could book a reservation there and you can't rent the suite for any price...but every day for a while one person would win a night's stay in the suite. That promotion is no longer being offered.

The suite is now used only rarely, just for VIPs and for an occasional prize for cast members.

• Disneyland Dreamer

You can absolutely rent the dream suite. Call up Disney, offer them 5-figures, and you'll be in it.

• Disney Obsessed

"i know people who work there" and they don't even always get it right Sounds like a friend of theirs was pulling their leg and they ran with it... haha. I bet they think there's a loop in the castle too!

•   
    • Minion

I always have said they should make a hotel like a castle. Not in the parks but outside of it. WdW would be the place to put it probably. I know there is one in Vegas but having a real Disney full blown castle resort would be awesome IMO. The only down fall I would see is it could take away from the parks castle. You could have so many things inside the property that feeds off the princesses and festivals etc.

And the person who said offer Disney 5 figures to stay in the suite is right on. You offer enough money you can rent that out I am sure.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm not too sure making a hotel like a castle could work. Look at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. It resembles a case but not to the details that Disney would require.

A castle or English manor hotel would be a fun addition to a Disney resort

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

If there was a hotel room in there, I would have taken out a 2nd mortgage by now

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm not too sure making a hotel like a castle could work. Look at the Excalibur in Las Vegas. It resembles a case but not to the details that Disney would require.
    And honestly, the size of the building would be an issue. As it stands now, they'd be able to fit what, ten rooms? Less if you include support facilities? And then you'd have a retail establishment inside park grounds that would result in needing 24 hour a day customer support facilities throughout the park?

I'm sure they could come up with something, but not something that would work in the park without radically rebuilding the castle as well as redefining the scale of the park.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    There is no hotel in any Disney castle and you cannot make reservations to sleep in any castle in any park.

However, in Florida a space inside Cinderella's Castle that was intended to be Walt Disney's personal office was converted in 2007 into the "Cinderella Castle Suite", which is an opulent and extraordinary room that was offered as a prize in the One Million Dreams promotion back in 2008 and 2009. No one could book a reservation there and you can't rent the suite for any price...but every day for a while one person would win a night's stay in the suite. That promotion is no longer being offered.

The suite is now used only rarely, just for VIPs and for an occasional prize for cast members.
    I think Tom Cruise might have stayed there with his little girl. And I'm sure various other celebrities have as well. Lucky folks.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    The person insisted that there was a hotel inside the castle, because she knew people who worked at Disneyland.
    Yeah, and my uncle works at Nintendo...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

OP you were not only 100% right but you had the info about the Dream Suites which could have explained that person's misunderstanding.

Never doubt yourself again

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I always have said they should make a hotel like a castle. Not in the parks but outside of it. WdW would be the place to put it probably. I know there is one in Vegas but having a real Disney full blown castle resort would be awesome IMO. The only down fall I would see is it could take away from the parks castle. You could have so many things inside the property that feeds off the princesses and festivals etc.

And the person who said offer Disney 5 figures to stay in the suite is right on. You offer enough money you can rent that out I am sure.
    In Sleepy Hollow, New York there is a big castle that you can stay in. It's a hotel now, but it used to be a wealthy family's home. It's about 40 minutes from NYC. I stayed there once for a cousin's wedding and it was incredible. While we were there, several people commented that they couldn't believe Disney never built a castle to stay in near a Disney Park.

I think WDW would support something like this...as a very upscale, boutique hotel. I think they could actually build something like "Snow White's Castle" and have it be a hotel. It would look like the Castle Snow White lived in (in the 1937 movie) and it could even have a spooky wing to it, for the Evil Queen.

Another idea would be to theme it to Rapunzel's castle from the end of her movie, and how that castle is on top of that hill with the village around it. Some rooms could be in the castle and some in the village around the castle and the hotel's pool could be the lake (or moat) around the castle. It would not conflict with Rapunzel's Tower being in Fantasyland, because this would be her castle and the tower is way over there.

I think it could be like a 300 or 400 room property...and maybe they could do other little boutique property connected to it themed to other things, like Cinderella's Chateau (where she lived until she moved into the castle).

The quality would be Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons Quality. And it would be really focused on upscale travelers...with a really great gourmet signature restaurant.

Really, any castle not being used in the parks could be built elsewhere on Disney property and made as a hotel/resort. Cinderella's castle would be the biggest structure, of course, but these other little resort castles would be amazing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast