Monorail question

I was at the park last thursday and I was waiting for the monorail, it arrrived and I asked if I could ride in the back and they said no. Does anyoine know why this is happened?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Monorail question

Was it hot? They don't load the front when it is hot. Not sure if it is the same for the back as well.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the front is for round trip from the park and the rear is round trip from DTD only. Where did you board from the park or DTD?

• Singing Drinker

Did you also check to see if perhaps there was already someone in there or as they boarded already offered the boarding slot before you arrived?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'm told the tailcone is not currently being loaded until safety adjustments are made to the platform. As for the nose, it could be closed due to a heat advisory. Although the nose and tail both have AC, they normally close both to guests as a precaution. Should the train lose power, there are no windows to provide ventilation. They only want the pilot to suffer.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

The tail is not being loaded due to fall safety concerns, as the fence is very low in that section. The same is true of the nose, but I believe because the pilot loads with you it'a not a problem. Although rides in the nose seem to vary depending on the day/ supervisor...

Hopefully, new fence will soon fix this...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    I'm told the tailcone is not currently being loaded until safety adjustments are made to the platform. As for the nose, it could be closed due to a heat advisory. Although the nose and tail both have AC, they normally close both to guests as a precaution. Should the train lose power, there are no windows to provide ventilation. They only want the pilot to suffer.
    I've ridden in the nose before and the A/C in there was awesome.

"I'm told the tailcone is not currently being loaded until safety adjustments are made to the platform."
    this is true. i spoke with a CM on saturday who said that someone fell while being loaded—ironically, in the NOSE not the tail. he was on shift at the time. no loading in the tail until further notice. the nose is still being loaded.

• 1st visit 1975

I'm a big believer in good safety practices and facilities but geez it's not like guests are falling off the station like dominos to their death. Or maybe the whole park should be made out of comfy couch cushions. The darn station has been there for 54 years and as far as I know doesn't have electronic safety signs showing days without plummeting guests. We are responsible for our personal safety by being careful and watching out for other family members. Disney is responsible for providing safe facilities. Within reason. Every fence sends a message to stay on your side. How tall is tall enough? After while you'll be watching parades through chain link fences to protect you from marauding parade floats. There should be no absolution of personal responsibility - if your drunk, on drugs, a teenager and get hurt because you weren't responsible and stay on your side of the fence, too bad. We shouldn't have to modify the world for them.