Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Artistic integrity

Re: Will Tokyo Disney's D23 Expo Announce Anything about Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    I believe the Parks and Resorts presentation, where new projects are announced, already took place.
    I'm wondering if that's true.

At the speed in which things get "tweeted" or whatever .. across the net ... Currently it's 11:30am Monday in Tokyo Japan ... still another 5 hours left of the expo ... and nothing else announced beyond Avatar.

If 5-6 hours from now ... nothing more is said on the net ... then it's official - No other "official theme park project announcements" for D23 Tokyo Expo.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Sock Puppet

Announcement or no announcement has nothing to do with weather DL is going to get Star Wars or DCA gets Monstropolis. I never expected ANY DLR announcements in Tokyo, but I am surprised at nothing being announced for Japan.

• Artistic integrity

Announcement or no announcement has nothing to do with weather DL is going to get Star Wars or DCA gets Monstropolis. I never expected ANY DLR announcements in Tokyo,
    Then why did they announce Avatar for WDW .. IN Tokyo Japan?

In the eyes of the execs, it appears ... it's all ONE Disney. From Anaheim to Orlando, to Tokyo, to Paris, to Hong Kong .. .to Shanghai China.

With that in mind, if they don't mention a thing for the DLR ... they are either still not quite ready to making an announcement ... or not so sure to go through with it.

Look at Avatar. Even with that ... that's a whopping 4 years away. Anything could happen with that .. between now ... and the time concrete foundations could be laid.

And I suspect anything "Star Wars" for any of the 6 Disney Resorts .. is even more in a state of flux .. and farther off from opening.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-13-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

In the eyes of the execs, it appears ... it's all ONE Disney. From Anaheim to Orlando, to Tokyo, to Paris, to Hong Kong .. .to Shanghai China.
    They didnt announce Avatar land. we already knew about it. they just released a couple pictures

Announcement or no announcement has nothing to do with weather DL is going to get Star Wars or DCA gets Monstropolis. I never expected ANY DLR announcements in Tokyo, but I am surprised at nothing being announced for Japan.
    I have a feeling that Monstropolis for DCA might not be revealed until the Blue Sky Cellar opens back up, if they decide to built. Seems Disney has been more tight lipped about that project than Stars Wars or Avatar Land, considering they have not mentioned it at either Expo so far.

• Sock Puppet

There was no Avatarland land announcement, just some released artwork. Avatarland was announced long ago stateside. Looks like no new theme park attractions for any park will be announced at Tokyo D23.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    They didnt announce Avatar land. we already knew about it. they just released a couple pictures
    And if you remember there was a heck of lot of ambiguity surrounding the whole Avatar idea. The most they ever showed was a picture of Cameron and 3 imagineers looking over a rather ambiguous looking model. There was a lot of doubt it was going to happen, due to a huge lack of information.

The 5 pieces of artwork now shown D23 Expo 2013 - Page 1 of 92... is making it official .. and Happening.

ALTHOUGH ..... LOL .... Who's to say something won't change?!

One learns to expect that ... when it comes to this company!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:

The only cool part about the pictures is the night boat ride

With that in mind, if they don't mention a thing for the DLR ... they are either still not quite ready to making an announcement ... or not so sure to go through with it.

Look at Avatar. Even with that ... that's a whopping 4 years away. Anything could happen with that .. between now ... and the time concrete foundations could be laid.

And I suspect anything "Star Wars" for any of the 6 Disney Resorts .. is even more in a state of flux .. and farther off from opening.

Avatar had been announced previously and construction should start soon giving them a three year construction timeline which is normal for a massive project like that. 2013 is almost over so majority of construction will be done from 2014 to 2016. Bob Iger comments say they hope to open early 2017 so most likely in time for Spring.

they Are probably waiting for the fiscal year to start before announcing any new major development for Anaheim.

i
    knowing Disney they are also probably also hoping that this whole Congress mess that is overpowering the media to be a thing of the past. I am sure they want a big announcement to not be overshadowed by the mess in Washington

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Avatar had been announced previously and construction should start soon giving them a three year construction timeline which is normal for a massive project like that. 2013 is almost over so majority of construction will be done from 2014 to 2016. Bob Iger comments say they hope to open early 2017 so most likely in time for Spring.
    I couldn't help but to chuckle.

I can think of freeway widening projects in Southern California that take less time than that. LOL

If they start construction in at the beginning of next year. And 1st day of spring is near the end of March ..

That gives Disney 3 years, and 3 months ... to complete a project that Universal Orlando could complete in half that amount of time! ... Or Disney back in the 60s ... When TL:67 took 9 months, and PotC in 1 year.

Why does everything take so bloody long with Disney these days? The dwarves coaster in WDW is taking far longer than it should.

Sometimes I wonder they layer in one too many layers of beaurocracy within the co. for these projects to take this long.

OH ..... Iron Man Experience in HKDL ... to take till 2016! A simulator ride, in which they'll be using Body Wars simulators .. is going to take that long.

What a laugh!
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Sock Puppet

Makes it official? Are you kidding me? Just since summer Disney execs, including Eiger himself have publicly acknowledged that Avatarland is coming to AK.  There really hasn't been ambiguity coming from Disney, but rather from fans who have been frustrated with the slow pace of any progress.  In no way whatsoever was Avatarland announced at Tokyo D23. Looks like Disney didn't want to reveal any future attractions at these events this year.

I can think of freeway widening projects in Southern California that take less time than that. LOL

If they start construction in at the beginning of next year. And 1st day of spring is near the end of March ..

That gives Disney 3 years, and 3 months ... to complete a project that Universal Orlando could complete in half that amount of time! ... Or Disney back in the 60s ... When TL:67 took 9 months, and PotC in 1 year.

Why does everything take so bloody long with Disney these days? The dwarves coaster in WDW is taking far longer than it should.

Sometimes I wonder they layer in one too many layers of beaurocracy within the co. for these projects to take this long.

OH ..... Iron Man Experience in HKDL ... to take till 2016! A simulator ride, in which they'll be using Body Wars simulators .. is going to take that long.

What a laugh!
    I was watching a tv show about Disney one night & one of the Disney guys said that every new ride seems to bring something new with it that has never been done before. Take RSR & the technology that was put into that ride. I could see Avatar Land taking awhile to get built.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    I was watching a tv show about Disney one night & one of the Disney guys said that every new ride seems to bring something new with it that has never been done before.
    That's not true. RSR is derived from Test Track ... except with happy smiles planted on the front of it's cars. Little Mermaid's omnimover system ... pretty much the same you find on Haunted Mansion, and the previous - Adventure Thru Inner Space. The list goes on.

There's only a few sporadic, recent, attractions that are going the extra mile, like the Dwarves Coaster with swinging cars.

My guess .. between the outside vendors Disney uses, and the layers of management within WDI .... is making for this process, like the making of molasses.
    MY SIGNATURE:

That's not true. RSR is derived from Test Track ... except with happy smiles planted on the front of it's cars. Little Mermaid's omnimover system ... pretty much the same you find on Haunted Mansion, and the previous - Adventure Thru Inner Space. The list goes on.

There's only a few sporadic, recent, attractions that are going the extra mile, like the Dwarves Coaster with swinging cars.

My guess .. between the outside vendors Disney uses, and the layers of management within WDI .... is making for this process, like the making of molasses.
    In the tv show, he was talking about those happy smiles planted on the front of it's cars & what it takes to bring that to reality. It was on some show on the Destination America channel.

well i did mean normal for Disney.

with that said, i think its difficult to compare the recent Universal projects with Disney's projects. Transformers is basically a big empty wherehouse that could be built quite rapidly while the internal screens and attraction system is built at the same time and just installed. The same can be said for the original Harry potter land and the new large buildings for the new Harry potter project. Neither one has the amount of hand carved rockwork that both Carsland and even to some extent the seven mine dwarf mine has or even Avatar will have.

Disney of course has no excuse for the long construction time for the Iron Man attraction in Hong Kong but i think that is more of timing. Hong Kong just opened three major additions within three year period and in two to three years they they will be opening Shanghai. Disney and the Chinese government want something to open around the same time to help draw business when that major resort opens in Shanghai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast