Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Artistic integrity

Re: Will Tokyo Disney's D23 Expo Announce Anything about Disneyland?

As the day winds down for Tokyo's D23 event ... I'm hearing from another website ... there will be no other theme park project announcements.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Edit: It's over.

The only Theme Park Project Announcement mentioned at D23 Japan ... was Avatar for WDW.

With the 2 D23 Expos for the year (Anaheim, Tokyo) over and done with ... Any near-future announcements will probably be announced on Disney's Blog site.

(If by some miracle we only hear Star Wars for Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida, and anything for the DLR not to make light of day till they can think of a more proper place for it - I'll be so relieved.)
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 10-14-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    That's not true. RSR is derived from Test Track ... except with happy smiles planted on the front of it's cars. Little Mermaid's omnimover system ... pretty much the same you find on Haunted Mansion, and the previous - Adventure Thru Inner Space. The list goes on.

There's only a few sporadic, recent, attractions that are going the extra mile, like the Dwarves Coaster with swinging cars.

My guess .. between the outside vendors Disney uses, and the layers of management within WDI .... is making for this process, like the making of molasses.
    Actually, it doesn't necessarily mean the ride system when they refer to brings something new (although some rides do use new update versions of existing ride systems). Going of the rides you listed, RSR brought a new high tech type of AAs that can move and talk and imitate the characters from the movie, and also amazing rockwork with a unique race system that isn't seen anywhere else in the world. Little Mermaid was the first time that they had to animate hair inside an AA and the first Disney musical ride based on a Disney film (meaning the MOST ride is dedicated to the songs from the movie, along with bringing characters you know and love to life).

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

(If by some miracle we only hear Star Wars for Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida, and anything for the DLR not to make light of day till they can think of a more proper place for it - I'll be so relieved.)
    I don't expect any big WDW announcements until we can see photos of Avatarland being built. No two big projects competing for the excitement. Let Avatar seem almost here before turning out attention to what is coming next.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• The doctor is in

lulz, Avatar Land. Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

No D23 announcement doesn't mean things won't be happening, people. However, I don't know if Disney wants three brand new areas all opening within the same year or so. That's a lot of construction at one time. Not to mention the inevitable crowd crunch to see the new areas. My guess is either Star Wars or Monstropolis will be delayed to give proper funding and timing for Avatar Land to open in 2017.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sock Puppet

Well one insider says Monstropolis behind the scenes work has already begun so I don't think it's going to be delayed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Actually, it doesn't necessarily mean the ride system when they refer to brings something new (although some rides do use new update versions of existing ride systems). Going of the rides you listed, RSR brought a new high tech type of AAs that can move and talk and imitate the characters from the movie, and also amazing rockwork with a unique race system that isn't seen anywhere else in the world. Little Mermaid was the first time that they had to animate hair inside an AA and the first Disney musical ride based on a Disney film (meaning the MOST ride is dedicated to the songs from the movie, along with bringing characters you know and love to life).
    he characters in RSR aren't all that much more advanced. Pirates could move if they were put on tracks. They actually did have some characters chasing wenches (or vice versa) though they weren't all that animated.

As for the Carsland rockwork, that wasn't all that remarkable outside of the extent of it. But the Caldera rockwork at TDS, if not more extensive, must come close to that of Carsland.

Ariel's "animated" hair only worked in one scene. Having the ride bringing the movie musical to an attraction isn't necessarily a good thing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    Well one insider says Monstropolis behind the scenes work has already begun so I don't think it's going to be delayed.
    Behind the scenes is still just concept development.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123