Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you rather have Mickey & the Magical Map or new Dark Ride in the area?

I remember reading something about a Nightmare Before Christmas ride and I believe it said it'd be in the area where Mickey's Magical Map is now located - but that ride was shelved long ago. I was thinking what if Disney just got rid of that area and made a dark ride out of it? I'm sure fans of the show would hate to see it go though.
    An Aladdin dark ride would be amazing addition or maybe a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, but I would prefer Aladdin as it could be extremely fun and there's a lot to work with. I also love the Nightmare Before Christmas ride concept but since we have HMH, its pretty much not going to happen.

Just an idea, I don't know if theres any huge fans of the show so it might not thrill some, but I'd love an additional dark ride in Fantasyland! But Aladdin could also be a thrill ride mixed in a dark ride?

• Selfie Expert

Re: Would you rather have Mickey & the Magical Map or new Dark Ride in the area?

I'm much more a fan of rides than I am of shows, so my vote would be for a ride!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Re: Would you rather have Mickey & the Magical Map or new Dark Ride in the area?

I was thinking we could put a Beauty & the Beast ride is where Mr. Toad is right now, then move Toad over to the old Motor Boat Cruise area. It could be like a trackless indoor/outdoor ride. And then the theater can just be a much needed ToonTown expansion. I think the theaters kind of useless now, and can just be a part of ToonTown since it is backed right up against the train station....
    Explanations of myself are not possible.
    Follow my insta!! @disneyland_theoneandonly

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

You have room in that area for two new dark rides at least....or one new dark ride and a new restaurant

I'd say a ride over this show anyway...it's just ok but not even as good as the current Aladdin show and thats been around for ten years now

• Production Designer

I would love a Nightmare ride, but I'm also a fan of shows. However, I'm not a fan of Magical Map (a bit of a let down compare to past entertainment) so I would be all for a Nightmare ride as of now. That might change if or when Magical Map gets replaced (crosses fingers).

• Disneyland Dreamer

Ride. That area has long been under utilized

• formerly very helpful

Generally, I prefer rides to shows. However, instead of a dark ride based on a Disney cartoon, I'd love to see an Animatronic-heavy ride on the scale of POTC or even IASW there. Something really spectacular. An old-fashioned E-ticket attraction.

Of course, in all fairness I haven't seen the new Mickey show, so if I ever do, my feelings may change. But I don't think so.

• Master of Disaster

why get rid of something that can eat up crowds when the old motorboat cruise area sits relatively unused? Villains land/rides anyone?

• Heavy Breather

A Beauty and the Beast dark ride would be fan-freaking-tastic!! Or they could move Pooh over there(not sure if there would be room for both) and make a Bambi dark ride next to Splash Mountain.

• Mouseke-Awesome

I would definitely vote a ride over a show. I've seen the current show and yeah, it was alrigh, but I don't think I need to see it again. I think more people would come over to the area if there was another ride. And I agree, a Beauty and the Beast dark ride would be amazing!!!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Disneyland Dreamer

B&TB is an awesome idea. not sure if there is enough realestate though.

That's a tough one. As much as I like rides, the park does need entertainment as well and the FL theater works pretty well IMO. It's more a matter of the quality of the production they put in there. A high quality show will likely make most people be less concerned about that space being used for a ride. I say build in the old motorboat area first.

• Foolish Mortal

Maybe a smaller theater AND a dark ride. I do love dark rides, and while I'm not huge on watching shows, they are a nice way to escape the hustle & bustle of walking around dodging people in between attractions.

While I prefer rides over shows, I think it's better that it's a show. Disneyland is best when there is a variety of things to do. It's what Disney does best, IMO, and I'm happy that they keep producing these and other shows like the ones found at Fantasy Faire. Or even music acts like the Jazz band or the Disneyland band. Keep the variety coming.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

A sleepy hollow dark ride with a trackless system would be pretty sweet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast