Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: Insignt Into Disney Social Clubs: The Hitchhikers

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    It seems cool in the way that belonging to any team or participating in any type of event is. Reminds me of like the Pink Ladies or the T-Birds.
    Actually I saw the "Pink Minnies" yesterday. It was a group of 10. I think they got the name from the Pink Ladies. Strangely enough I saw a Main Street Elite member seconds later.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

I am in the Main Street elite social club. When I first saw the vest I thought it was kinda funny. Looking like bikers in Disney. But I looked them up online and read about them. So me and my girlfriend went to a meet they had to see what they were about. In the first 5 min everybody was so welcoming to us. We spent the day with them going on rides,eating lunch. So we asked how do we become members. They told us just hang with us or let someone know when we go so we can spend time with them if we wanted to. So we did and got to know then better. Yes we have friends that go to disneyland but they don't have the same interest in Disney as us or don't really care for it. So it was kinda nice spending time with other people that have the common interest ir geek out on disney stuff. Then a month later they asked us if we would join. Before we give anybody patches we want to know they won't do anything stupid to get everybody in trouble and ruin it. Just want people to respect the park people and cast members We don't care how you look ,how you dress , what kind of music you listen too ,what religion you are or if you have a disability. Just want you to have fun with everybody and have a good time. You don't have to have patches to hang out with us. Everybody is welcomed to hang out. Check our hash tags or IG. To me the patch symbolize a family that was built. Complete strangers couple of months ago now we are all family. When we had a members child that was sick and in the hospital(wont say exactly what out of respect ) we had a fundraiser to help with the hospital bills. When the child went threw kimo all the guys shaved there heads and beards just so the child wouldn't feel any different . Some of the guys had beards like ZZ top status. It started as a Disney club but turned out to be family. One of the hash tags we use is #OHANA. “ Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind — or forgotten. ”

This has git to be the best response I've seen. My wife and I saw you guys in the park last month. We thought it was just awesome, and while we are not Main St Elite, we do interact with you guys via IG and there is nothing but love. You are right we may not all be the same, but we are are #ohana

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Hopefully none of these "social clubs" with their 3 piece patches run into any HA or Mongol members.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• враг народа

Blog Entries

That was... Interesting....

• Pilot EdForceOne

I don't see it much different in effect than say... the Micechat meetups. But the idea of trying to make it into some closed 'social club' and the degree people goto... then I just tell myself 'its california.. what do you expect'
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Lol....lol..lol

I do like the Jackets Art...not a fan of the green its too "look at me" but I think the character art is cool....I'm already part of a club its called MiceChat..Membership is free and everyone is welcome at anything no matter who or where you are

• Observer

Im afraid disneyland will have a similar situation that six flags did. Why does the matching outfits have to be denim cut offs? Who do they think they are? A biker gang? I've cone across these social groups, when one is upset the rest of the group is upset. I literally seena group iintimidate a family out of there fantastic viewing spot, so that their group could all sit together.

Great article! Im just returning from a week in the parks, and there seemed to be a huge influx of all types of club members, especially on Sunday (10/27). It's as if they all decided to visit on the same day to show that these few recent issues were isolated. I saw a lot of interesting body art, but nothing to be concerned about. Everyone was having such a great time.

I just think it's silly. It's like someone got fed up with the original group and then split and made their own, but kept the silly vest. I just think that having to write an essay as to why you love Disney and why you think you should be allowed in the club and saying that you have to go at least once a week is a little far fetched. One of the names of the groups really bothers me though. Saying you are "Elite" makes me think they think they are better than me. Putting stipulations on hanging out is ridiculous. You can say what you want about how nice they are, and I am sure they are, but at the same time it's just a fad that will pass because young people feel they need to belong to something to feel self worth.
    Last edited by jonwhoo; 11-02-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    Im afraid disneyland will have a similar situation that six flags did. Why does the matching outfits have to be denim cut offs? Who do they think they are? A biker gang? I've cone across these social groups, when one is upset the rest of the group is upset. I literally seena group iintimidate a family out of there fantastic viewing spot, so that their group could all sit together.
    this is where i start to have a problem with this if they are sposed to be such great disney people then why act like they are better or worth more than anyone cliché are a problem no matter where they are and that’s what these are.

Quote Originally Posted by jonwhoo View Post
    I just think it's silly. It's like someone got fed up with the original group and then split and made their own, but kept the silly vest. I just think that having to write an essay as to why you love Disney and why you think you should be allowed in the club and saying that you have to go at least once a week is a little far fetched. One of the names of the groups really bothers me though. Saying you are "Elite" makes me think they think they are better than me. Putting stipulations on hanging out is ridiculous. You can say what you want about how nice they are, and I am sure they are, but at the same time it's just a fad that will pass because young people feel they need to belong to something to feel self worth.
    Well said. I couldn't agree more.

A social group where you have to initiated? That sounds more like a club to me. Although the interview said meetings are not mandatory... I have read about other social groups and their strict rules on how you MUST attend their meetings. I'm just not buying it. It's rather unappealing and a bit sketchy in my opinion.

"And on Wednesdays we wear pink"

• 1 man can make a difernce

When I hear the word "Elite", I don't think about a social club. I think about the real Elites, the Navy SEALs, the Army's Delta Force, and Marine Special Operations. Those guys actually have the right to call themselves Elite.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Disney Obsessed

Why is this a topic again? Has anyone here personally had a negative experience? I've only read about everyone's view points on their clothes and what they think it says about them and then I've read members posts about the goodness they have within their communities. Also stories about people who have interacted with these SC who have had wonderful experiences. Everyone who thinks it's negative has no experience themselves and is experiencing an irrational fear. I get it, I have an irrational fear of people covered in tattoos (I've never seen a member in the park- but everyone says they have lots of tattoos???) but that's MY problem. Maybe someone has an irrational fear of my obsessive love for Disney but they don't freak out about it... Just my 2 cents...

• 1 man can make a difernce

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    Why is this a topic again? Has anyone here personally had a negative experience? I've only read about everyone's view points on their clothes and what they think it says about them and then I've read members posts about the goodness they have within their communities. Also stories about people who have interacted with these SC who have had wonderful experiences. Everyone who thinks it's negative has no experience themselves and is experiencing an irrational fear. I get it, I have an irrational fear of people covered in tattoos (I've never seen a member in the park- but everyone says they have lots of tattoos???) but that's MY problem. Maybe someone has an irrational fear of my obsessive love for Disney but they don't freak out about it... Just my 2 cents...
    Sorry I didn't know I needed your permission to search this topic and "bring it up." I just got back from deployment and saw a group of this SC's at the flag retreat and wondered what the deal was. And I don't know what irriational fear you think everyone has.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12