Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Idea: You're CEO and $1.5 billion is allocated to the parks.. Where do you spend

These are some great ideas for EPCOT and the Imagination argument is solid.

Just wish Egypt wasn't in a dicey political situation - without getting into politics, let's just say they should have built this 10 or more years ago when the regime was more stable and friendly to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    I really, really like Nirya's ideas above

But my initial thought upon reading the title of this thread was to significantly improve Epcot by adding...
    - Brazil Pavilion
    - India Pavilion
    - Egypt Pavilion

and updating/improving:
    - Imagination...trackless ride system employed for some brilliant new creative attraction (for Christ's sake, any attraction focusing on the power of imagination and built by Disney should be nothing short of AMAZING).
    - Energy...updated video and narration for this ride.
    - Land...updated and improved interior and dining area

There's more I'd like to see updated and improved around Epcot, but I'm guessing everything I've already listed would exhaust the $1.5 billion budget. (replacing Captain EO, getting rid of all the Nemo stuff from the Sea, bringing back an updated version of Horizons, and adding another pavilion to Future World would be in my plans).

All of this of course, is working from the assumptions that Star Wars Land and additional improvements are going to happen fairly soon to DHS, and that a 3rd Gate at DLR is already a certainty.
    Show me the money girlfriend, how are we going to pay for this? Wait. That was meant for Suze Osmond.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Idea: You're CEO and $1.5 billion is allocated to the parks.. Where do you spend

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Other things I could think of doing with the money would be a full-scale investment into fixing WDS Paris, and definitely a long-term fix in EPCOT. I just went with Disneyland first because it's the only park I've personally been to, and can speak to without spouting off nonsense.
    Please, spout off nonsense. The suggestion of a 1.5 billion dollar expenditure in churros was great!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    The suggestion of a 1.5 billion dollar expenditure in churros was great!
    I'm ALL about Mickey Mouse icecream sammiches myself.
    I take down three of those things everytime I'm in a Disney park, may just eat 6 on my next trip

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We are not spending 1 and a half billion on snacks, kids.

You can wait until dinner.

• Minion

I think some sort of wristband where you decide what rides you want to ride 6 months before you go would be a good way to spend it.

• Senior Minion

Only $1.5 billion?

$1.5 billion is yesterday's $500 million. Allocate $4.5 billion, then we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    I think some sort of wristband where you decide what rides you want to ride 6 months before you go would be a good way to spend it.
    Excellent! Got the budget right here...

Executive lunch to work out all the details... $1,750

Design, manufacturing, testing, advertising, distribution... $125,000

Fixing it after it's busted.... $1,499,873,250
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We'll increase your allowance AFTER you tell me what you need it for.

• Senior Minion

I could tell you, but then I'd have to bill you.

- Neil Gabler

• Former Churro Jockey

First make some kind of movie or cartoon where the Marvel characters meet the Star Wars characters, then add BOTH Marvel and Star Wars to every ride, shop, and restaurant. Didn't like the Disney characters on Its A Small World? How about Darth Vader and the Hulk? Don't like how Mr. Toad's ends in hell? Now, it ends on the volcano planet from Episode III with Captain America instead of Satan. Sleeping Beauty Castle? Now, it's the Jedi temple. Oh, and didn't you know that the real reason the Big Thunder refurbishment is taking so long is that it's being converted to an X Wing Fighter Ride. Critter Country? Now it's Endor. We've got Space Pirates of the Caribbean featuring Loki, you can take a raft to Aasgard Island, Space Mountain is the Death Star, and RDR is now Iron Man vs. a pod racer. Tower of Terror? Now it's a zip line ride with Nighthawk escaping from Storm Troopers. It's going to be awesome!!!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    First make some kind of movie or cartoon where the Marvel characters meet the Star Wars characters, then add BOTH Marvel and Star Wars to every ride, shop, and restaurant. Didn't like the Disney characters on Its A Small World? How about Darth Vader and the Hulk? Don't like how Mr. Toad's ends in hell? Now, it ends on the volcano planet from Episode III with Captain America instead of Satan. Sleeping Beauty Castle? Now, it's the Jedi temple. Oh, and didn't you know that the real reason the Big Thunder refurbishment is taking so long is that it's being converted to an X Wing Fighter Ride. Critter Country? Now it's Endor. We've got Space Pirates of the Caribbean featuring Loki, you can take a raft to Aasgard Island, Space Mountain is the Death Star, and RDR is now Iron Man vs. a pod racer. Tower of Terror? Now it's a zip line ride with Nighthawk escaping from Storm Troopers. It's going to be awesome!!!
    No amount of money can buy good taste

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

1.5 Billion huh?

I'd eliminate the AP program, fastpass and the allyoucanride schemes, then bring back the Ticket Books. Making each and every day and each every attraction and even each and every queue an experience to savor (More Dom Perignon less Thunderbird).

1.5 Billion should be more than enough to cover the transitional period.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to bill you.
    Aw... okay, CA, but only because your heart is pure.

Caveat: all $4.5 billion must be spent on this project.

Hold a 10-day retreat of the world's top scientists, futurists, industrial designers, architects, film production designers, film effects designers, animation and live action film directors, and theme park imagineers. 75 to 100 bodies. Attendance by Baxter, Gurr and Cameron mandatory. Everyone gets $2,000 per diem and all found. Everyone NDA'd, no leaks on pain of death by lawyer.

Goal: conceive a new Tomorrowland that will cost $4.5 billion to build and will blow the socks off every man, woman and child on the planet.

Then build it.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

You guys have some really great ideas.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Hold a 10-day retreat of the world's top scientists, futurists, industrial designers, architects, film production designers, film effects designers, animation and live action film directors, and theme park imagineers. 75 to 100 bodies. Attendance by Baxter, Gurr and Cameron mandatory. Everyone gets $2,000 per diem and all found. Everyone NDA'd, no leaks on pain of death by lawyer.

Goal: conceive a new Tomorrowland that will cost $4.5 billion to build and will blow the socks off every man, woman and child on the planet.

Then build it.
    What if they decide that humanity is doomed and the future is going to be a bleak wasteland like Mad Max or The Book of Eli?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Not the Hawkguy

Please, spout off nonsense. The suggestion of a 1.5 billion dollar expenditure in churros was great!
    Well, it's mostly in regards to EPCOT, in that I have no idea what's wrong beyond secondhand knowledge. I know most of Future World has issues, and the Pavilions could use work, but I don't know what I would personally do to fix it. I think Mondo is probably on the right track as far as fixes, though.

As for WDS Paris, the park just needs a complete makeover on a scale of DCA 2.0. I don't know how well it would go over with European audiences, but that seems like the perfect place to test out some Marvel stuff in the parks in advance of the rumored 3rd gate in Anaheim.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast