Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantasyland better in the morning or at night?

Taking a first timer this Sunday. Last time I went, also a Sunday (sigh), my group waited ninety minutes (edit, maybe not 90, but it was def over an hour!) for Peter Pan at around 2:00PM. I read someone else say that you should go straight to Peter Pan at 8:00am. I was thinking that since it is open until midnight, that nighttime might be even better for Peter Pan (and all of Fantasyland.) Either 10-11:00 or during Fantasmic (which I am pretty sure I'm not willing to camp out for). Or is morning still best? Also appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ilsensine; 10-03-2013 at 08:03 PM.

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland better in the morning or at night?

First of all, welcome to micechat. And to answer your question, I personally think Fantasyland would be a good place to hit in the morning in order to avoid long lines.

Okay, thank you. Morning it is.

I also just learned that this weekend happens to be Gay Days. Can anyone speculate on what % increase that brings to the crowds?

Thanks again.

After the parade we found the line to be bearable. However, we've gone in the morning as well and they were about the same at those two times.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Definitely hit up Fantasyland/Peter Pan early in the morning. Last time I did Peter Pan first and I still had to wait 15 minutes. Still worth it! But better than waiting the sometimes hour wait later in the day

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Minion

Know that there still is a line for Peter Pan late into the evening--at least every time I've bothered to stay that late. I would suspect that there will be a few under-21 people getting their ride on during the evening hours.

• The doctor is in

One thing to keep in mind is Fantasyland shuts down if there are fireworks going that night. In the past I have gone to ride some Fantasyland rides at night and not been able to because of the fireworks schedule.

No matter what there is a line for Peter Pan, but it is the least crowded first thing in the morning.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

To avoid crowds, go in the morning, but Fantasyland's ambiance and experience is better at night, in my opinion.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Hit Peter and Dumbo first thing then split the land and come back in the evening, though this cancels a daytime storybook. But fun to see is nighttime storybook, nighttime Casey and dumbo. Late in the evening you can do Snow White and her wooden puppet neighbor, Alice and Toad. And how old is the first timer and interest in DL?

Hit Fantasyland in the morning. Especially Peter Pan. Snow White and Pinocchio load rather quickly and there is never a long line there. Peter Pan is a ride that loads slower. But don't be doing Fantasyland at 2pm. That's deadly. You should be in Tomorrowland or New Orleans Square by then.

Thanks for all the responses. You guys rock!

In response to Laferney, she's an adult, but first time in the US. (I grew up in LA.)

To follow up on this, we have some "must dos" in Fantasyland...(Peter Pan, Alice, Canal Boats, Matterhorn). We also have some "would like to dos" (Small World, Tea Cups, Pinocchio, Snow White) that never seem to have longer lines than 20 minutes on mousewait (I've been checking obsessively).

So, should we hit Fantasyland first for our must dos and then move on to other areas of the park for our other must dos and then come back later or just knock everything out at once when we're in the area? We are going on Wednesday, which has an 8 am opening time.

I just hate to spend early morning time doing rides that never seem to have a long line when we could be doing stuff like Jungle Cruise or Autopia, that I know we'll want to do multiple times.

Thanks so much!!!!

My advice is to hit all FantasyLand attractions first thing in the morning. This is the only time of day you will be able to do all of them in about an hour. This definitely beats waiting in line for an hour for Peter Pan later in the day.

FantasyLand is probably my favorite area at night, but if you want to actually go on these rides without wasting so much time in line then I again recommend the early morning.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Minion

You can knock them out all out at once, but be wary of "dark ride fatigue." Many like to criticize Snow White (too short and weird) and Pinocchio (considered disposable) and it's easy to dismiss them when riding them next to Pan (almost everyone's favorite), Toad (truly a "wild ride") and Alice (a wonderland of its own). But Snow White is uniquely and deliciously macabre and if you can appreciate it as such it has many delights. It is, in fact, my favorite Fantasyland dark ride. And the Gepetto's toy shop finale of Pinocchio is a remarkable recreation from the film, but I have sentimental attachments to the film so I'm not really objective on that. Maybe do Pan, Toad, Alice, then Matterhorn and Canal Boats as a breather from dark rides, then back to Snow White and Pinocchio. Yes, we think about some of this stuff way too much.

Or do we? ;-)

• formerly very helpful

When we want to do Fantasyland, we will open up the park, then head briskly (no running) to Fantasyland first. I've hit Dumbo, then Peter Pan, then all the others and finished all of Fantasyland within 20 minutes (except for Matterhorn, IASW, and Storybookland). They didn't take too long to hit later. Well worth the savings in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast