Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Favorite restaurant outside of the DL Resort

My favorite place to eat outside the park was demolished years ago, and an Outback put in its place. Damn shame.

Belisle's Restaurant - Harbor and Chapman
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Don't know how many locations Marri's has occupied over the years, but according to their website, they have been in Anaheim since 1957, anyone know if they have always been near Disneyland?

• No Disassemble!

Any of the restaurants at the Diamond Jamboree plaza in Irvine. Then after dinner I go to the 85 degrees bakery for Taiwanese coffee and a fresh pastry.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Hands down my favorite restaurant outside of the resort is Marri's Pizza.
    We discovered this place one night when we drove in from AZ late and wanted to order some pizza. The pizza is FANTASTIC! It's our go-to delivery service when we stay at the Ana Bella. A couple trips ago, we decided to try dining in. You're right, it IS really sketchy looking to walk up, but the inside is great. However, we were really disappointed with every item we ordered off the menu (calzone, garlic bread, and fettucini alfredo), and our server was awful. We decided to keep it as our favorite delivery place since then, and avoid eating in.

We actually haven't tried many other places outside the park property other than the breakfast on Katella - I think it's called Tiffy's? It's nothing special. Then Denny's, McDonald's, and one time we ate at Ruth's Chris which was delicious but expensive. So... I guess in short I'm not contributing much but hoping to get some good ideas from this thread!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    We discovered this place one night when we drove in from AZ late and wanted to order some pizza. The pizza is FANTASTIC! It's our go-to delivery service when we stay at the Ana Bella. A couple trips ago, we decided to try dining in. You're right, it IS really sketchy looking to walk up, but the inside is great. However, we were really disappointed with every item we ordered off the menu (calzone, garlic bread, and fettucini alfredo), and our server was awful. We decided to keep it as our favorite delivery place since then, and avoid eating in.

We actually haven't tried many other places outside the park property other than the breakfast on Katella - I think it's called Tiffy's? It's nothing special. Then Denny's, McDonald's, and one time we ate at Ruth's Chris which was delicious but expensive. So... I guess in short I'm not contributing much but hoping to get some good ideas from this thread!
    I just read a couple dozen reviews on Marris Pizza - you're experiences line up with the vast majority of the reviews - the take out/delivery pizza is great, BUT service inside the restaurant is deplorable.

How about a Mexican food restaurant? I've heard of a couple really good and inexpensive Mexican food restaurants in the area, but don't recall what they were. .

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

I'm not sure if Downtown Disney counts, but.....RAINFOREST CAFE!!!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Element of Laughter

My favorite is a bit of a drive, Arthur's Coffee Shop in La Habra. . . just go straight up Harbor to La Habra Blvd(just under 10 miles). . . unfortunately, they're only open for breakfast and lunch, but the good news is they are known for their breakfast, which truly is the best breakfast in La Habra. . . especially the biscuits and gravy and orange juice(fresh)
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• former CM

Mimi's. Not to be confused with the Millie's next door. Good value & service with healthy options.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

For those interested in Cortina's their website is here: About Cortina's - Cortinas About a 15 minute drive and worth every moment!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

How about a Mexican food restaurant? I've heard of a couple really good and inexpensive Mexican food restaurants in the area, but don't recall what they were. .
    Mexicasa!

Just West of Euclid on the South side of Lincoln.
    Cash only, but Great food and Really Really inexpensive.

• Greetings, Program!

Mexicasa!

Just West of Euclid on the South side of Lincoln.
    Cash only, but Great food and Really Really inexpensive.
    I used to live right next to that joint!

The smell of the place would come wafting into my windows around 11am on weekends when I was home. Was almost torture. I'm shocked I didn't eat there every day!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Does anyone remember Chao's before it became an IHOP?
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• The doctor is in

I stayed in the Fairfield Inn in May which was right next to Millie's on Harbor Blvd. I actually really liked Millie's. It wasn't that expensive and you got a real decent amount of food for the price. It was a good option for when we had left the park and hadn't eaten anything other than Churro's or pretzels. It was also more satisfying that swinging through the McDonald's.

Next time I visit I am planning on staying in the same hotel and going back to Millie's.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Hooterville, USA

Millies just across from DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

Actually there's a pretty good restaurant inside Anabella's too. I think it's called L'orange or something like that.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast