Thread: Ghost Galaxy

Ghost Galaxy

I know many of you have probably seen it before, but the other night was the first time I was able to see the outside of Space Mountain during Halloween. I have to say that it was one of the coolest things I've seen, and heard, in a long time. I've been there for Halloween before but somehow I missed being in Tommorowland at night. I kept hearing the sounds and couldn't figure out where the sounds were comming from until my husband pointed up at the mountain. I thought maybe there was a malfunction with the sound track, as if someone tripped the "Halloween Party" button. I just sat there and watched for a long time. I'm not a big fan of the grotesque scarings offered at the other parks personally so this was great for me.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Ghost Galaxy

I saw it for the first time last year - it is really awesome!! Glad you got to see it for yourself.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Thinking about doughnuts

The "show on the dome" is incredibly effective at setting the appropriate mood. The first time I heard it I thought somebody was playing the soundtrack of Eraserhead at TomorrowLand Terrace. But then I saw it was some Ghost Galaxy thing on the outside of Space Mountain. And after watching for a bit I felt like I knew what was going on. Sort of. Definitely not Eraserhead. I think it's the best part of all of the Halloween overlays. Whatever it is.

I like what they do to the outside more than what they do to the inside

(I think it's clever, but it lights up the track too much.)

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I like what they do to the outside more than what they do to the inside
    I'd have to agree. I saw the entire sequence at least twice last year while waiting for the glacially slow SM/GG line to move. This was during FastPass non-enforcement and I counted 10 FPs admitted for every *1* from the standby line when I finally got to the entrance, so I had a *lot* of time to see it. On subsequent trips I'd watch it for a while just to enjoy the show.

I loved the show on the outside of SM. Glad they have it again this year!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I love the projections on the Mountain! It adds to the atmosphere. I would wait in line for Ghost Galaxy to watch the projections.

Outside on the dome, five projections play, with several Halloween-themed color schemes appearing between these projection shows:

• The first projection shows the dome becoming a dull grey, with cracks and breaks forming on the dome.

• The second projection shows an alien arm resembling that of the nebula ghost running, pushing against the dome fromthe inside.

• The third projection shows yellow scratch marks appearing on the dome.

• The fourth projection shows lightning bolts shooting up the left side of the dome, then the right, the middle, and finally the entire dome itself. A green grid then appears at the top section of the dome.

• The last projection shows the dome being turned into a radar, with red blotches appearing on the dome, resembling activity of the nebula ghosts.

From Wikipedia
    Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 10-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    • The first projection shows the dome becoming a dull grey, with cracks and breaks forming on the dome.

• The second projection shows an alien arm resembling that of the nebula ghost running, pushing against the dome fromthe inside.

• The third projection shows yellow scratch marks appearing on the dome.

• The fourth projection shows lightning bolts shooting up the left side of the dome, then the right, the middle, and finally the entire dome itself. A green grid then appears at the top section of the dome.

• The last projection shows the dome being turned into a radar, with red blotches appearing on the dome, resembling activity of the nebula ghosts.
    There's a rare 6th projection that plays once every hour and a half or so, where the entire dome has a spinning galaxy projected onto it. It was added in 2010 or 2011 I think. Here's the video, it should start at the right spot but if not the projection starts about 6:35 or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGrTrRyaXq8&t=6m35s
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*