Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile Best DLR restaurant?

So I will be going to the resort on New Year's Day. We'd like to celebrate new year with a good meal. I just wanted to know what you would recommend? We were thinking of Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, or possibly Napa Rose. Any other suggestions? Or possibly include some information about these three options. It would really help!

Re: Best DLR restaurant?

I love Blue Bayou. Napa Rose has better food but Blue Bayou has better ambience. You could even do Blue Bayou for lunch to get their fantastic Monte cristo sandwich that they are so well known for and Blue Bayou is more reasonably priced at lunch and then do Napa Rose for dinner.

• Selfie Expert

I have only been to Blue Bayou, not Carthay or Napa. Based on what I've read on MiceChat, I would personally go to Napa Rose if you want a more upscale experience. There are mixed opinions on Blue Bayou - my thoughts on it are it's great to do at least once, the atmosphere is one of a kind, just don't have high expectation for the food.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I was disappointed in Blue Bayou. The food was fine, but I felt like we were very rushed, as they want to turn the rest restaurant over very quickly. Also, you can't get wine there.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I was disappointed in Blue Bayou. The food was fine, but I felt like we were very rushed, as they want to turn the rest restaurant over very quickly. Also, you can't get wine there.
    If you like a drink with your meal, especially for a New Year celebration, this is a VERY pertinent point! No alcohol is served in Disneyland.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    No alcohol is served in Disneyland.
    You and I know that there is a restaurant which violates this rule. Pretty sure it will be closed though or already booked solid though

• Disney Philosopher

Personally I like Carthay Circle the best. Blue Bayou next and Napa Rose at the bottom.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• The doctor is in

I personally love Blue Bayou and I think it's the best restaurant inside the parks. However, as some have said, there is no alcohol served inside Disneyland if that's something you'd want to have with dinner.

If so, I would check out Napa Rose or Carthay Circle. Just bear in mind Carthay Circle is extremely expensive. That's the main reason I have never eaten there.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• An Old Scraper Driver

Steakhouse 55.

I really enjoyed Blue Bayou for our anniversary dinner, but I haven't been to Napa Rose or Carthay Circle. Blue Bayou was best for our budget. We had great service and didn't feel rushed, and sat by the water and got heckled by guests in the PotC boats asking for rolls.

I enjoy Carthay Circle because I like having cocktail/wine service available. I love the look of the place with the early Hollywood feel. Ask for a table in the main dining room when making a reservation. My only complaint is the service and food have been mixed the 2 times I have eaten there. Nothing bad, it just feels a little slow and disorganized for an "upscale" restaurant.

I have not tried Napa Rose yet. I'm always thinking about in-park dining and always forget about the Napa Rose. From DCA, it's very easy to access. I've heard good things about the Chef's Counter tasting menu experience. Keep in mind Napa Rose is only open for dinner and I've heard the Chef's Counter can be a long experience so you need to expect that is how you are going to end your night at the park.

• Closed Account

Carthay Circle hands down. Hands down.
    Edit: Napa Rose is fantastic in quality and service, but might be a few extra bucks you'd rather pocket. If you wanna be in the parks, Carthay absolutely. If you'd rather be slightly more remote, try for reservations NOW to get the vintner's table in Napa Rose.

• And Dad was my hero.

I'd go Carthay Circle among the ones you suggested. I love Blue Bayou for sentimental reasons, but from a foodie perspective, the size of the proteins at BB scares me.

• Mouseke-Awesome

I suppose it depends what kind of experience you want and how much you are comfortable spending on your meal.

I've never eaten at Blue Bayou, but I've heard the ambiance and setting is quite special. I've also never eaten at Carthay Circle, but I've heard the food is good. Now I have eaten at Napa Rose and had the pleasure of experiencing the Chef's Counter, and it was pretty amazing personally. The dinner itself is quite lenghty (5-6 courses plus you can get wine pairings), but again, it was worth it for me.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Hooterville, USA

Blue Bayou.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast