Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• film975

Re: Micechat Update: The new GAC, More Details Star Wars,

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'm really hoping a lot of this stuff isn't true.
    I'm with you on this one. I got a bad feeling about this. I keep wondering where MiceAge gets its info from. A lot of this sounds like a fan's wish list compared to real information on how Disney is gonna redo Tomorrowland. Coming from a Star Wars fan here, I really don't like the idea of re-themeing Disneyland's Tomorrowland to it. It just doesn't make any sense. I always regard what I read on here as pure rumor and speculation until Disney makes an official announcement.

Anyone see this DisneyParks Blog post about the Iron Man attraction at Hong Kond Disneyland?

Marvel’s Iron Man Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2016 « Disney Parks Blog

If you re-theme Disneyland's Tomorrowland to Star Wars, you won't be able to put an awesome-looking attraction like that in there.

• Monorail Junkie

I really like the idea but the possible shortening of the Monorail track I do not like. My son will hate the fact that the Autopia will be torn out but he will get over that.

I really love everything about this. The rocket ships needed to be moved a long time ago, Autopia needs to go, there is nothing cool about it (Im all for kiddie rides I actually enjoy most of them but this ride is just bad) Speeder bikes through Endor makes a lot more sense than using the People Mover track, also this takes care of the waste of space innoventions problem. a Millenium Falcon in Tomorrowland will really give it some more identity and a centerpiece. Really Excited about his

• Little Green Man

Name:  dlsw copy.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  75.6 KB

• Monorail Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by jibbly View Post
    nice

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I got a bad feeling about this. I keep wondering where MiceAge gets its info from. A lot of this sounds like a fan's wish list compared to real information on how Disney is gonna redo Tomorrowland. Coming from a Star Wars fan here, I really don't like the idea of re-themeing Disneyland's Tomorrowland to it. It just doesn't make any sense. I always regard what I read on here as pure rumor and speculation until Disney makes an official announcement.

Anyone see this DisneyParks Blog post about the Iron Man attraction at Hong Kond Disneyland?

Marvel’s Iron Man Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2016 « Disney Parks Blog

If you re-theme Disneyland's Tomorrowland to Star Wars, you won't be able to put an awesome-looking attraction like that in there.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. These rumors truly do sound like fanboi, head in the cloud rumors. They sound so extreme and off. I felt like I was reading Screamscape.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• The doctor is in

"Only one boarding time can be issued at a time, and while they won’t allow you to use the boarding time early, unlike a Fastpass window there is no limit to how late you can be."

*facepalm* Here we go again. What is the point of giving a return time if you can show up 3 hours late.

"The DAS card will also be harder to get from Guest Relations than the GAC was, as they are using a new set of questions to weed out those with anxiety or stamina issues, which would trigger the instruction to use a wheelchair or cane, or to plan the day in advance using Fastpass."

I'm going to get crap for this comment, but I love this.

"It didn’t take long before Guest Relations caved in to the complaints and folks figured out the code words to use to get a card, and the GAC program was a sham by the time the 50th Anniversary was wrapping up in 2006."

*applause*

And I agree that the Tomorrowland expansion so far doesn't sound all that bad. The only thing is avoiding the construction period. Having two major construction projects in both parks essentially going at the same time is really going to suck.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. These rumors truly do sound like fanboi, head in the cloud rumors. They sound so extreme and off. I felt like I was reading Screamscape.
    It all seems very, very strange. I wouldn't mind a new attraction or two. But redoing the entire land is way over the top. I also don't like the idea of taking out Autopia either. Granted, it needs an update. But I don't think Star Wars is the answer.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I am a huge Star Wars fan too, but I don't want Tomorrowland to lose it's identity. Here's where I wish, again, that they would create a new and original attraction.
    Ditto. The sad reality is that for Disney's corporate management, Disneyland has no identity. It's just a marketing platform for brands.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    It all seems very, very strange. I wouldn't mind a new attraction or two. But redoing the entire land is way over the top. I also don't like the idea of taking out Autopia either. Granted, it needs an update. But I don't think Star Wars is the answer.
    EXACTLY. If Autopia leaves, my heart will break. I understand it's outdated, but sheesh, just update it! And Star Wars? Really? There's already a Star Wars attraction in Tomorrowland... Why do we need to add several more? If they do this, they may as well re-name Tomorrowland.

There's so much potential with a Tomorrowland remake, and they're throwing away this opportunity... For Star Wars. Wow. So upsetting. Why does everything have to be based on a property they've bought?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Former Churro Jockey

Well I worked there during the 1998 redo and I remember the construction very well. It looked terrible but they found a way to make it work so that the majority of the time everything was still open. I think it was only the last month or two that they closed off the entire land. So they can certainly use that same strategy again.

All of this sounds a little fantastic to me, so I'm not going to get too excited or bummed until construction actually starts. Having Endor and the cantina from Tatooine in Tomorrowland is really bad thematically as others have pointed out on previous threads, but if it's a good ride and a good restaurant then I may be willing to forgive them for that. Having the Rocket Jets at the Space Mountain esplanade sounds weird, but maybe once I see the concept art it will make more sense.

But the most upsetting thing to me is having the Millennium Falcon as the main draw into Tomorrowland. It's one thing to have a land that includes a Star Wars ride among other things, but by doing this they would be saying it's a Star Wars land. That I don't like at all. This is taking an original land that Walt Disney designed and changing it to something else, and that's a lot different then replacing an old ride that's no longer relevant. I totally get that Tomorrowland as a whole is not even remotely relevant, and while I wish they would make it futuristic and keep it updated, I know that is not going to happen because it would be far too much money. I understand giving up on the idea of making Tomorrowland futurist. But there are other options then making it into a Star Wars land. Tomorrowland at Walt Disney World LOOKS great. It really does look futuristic when you are there. It looks breathtaking at night. If nothing else, just redo Disneyland's Tomorrowland to look exactly like WDW's Tomorrowland. It's not ideal, but I can live with that. I can live with a Buzz Lightyear ride. I can live with multiple Star Wars rides, shops, and restaurants in part of Tomorrowland. But please don't change it completely into Star Wars land.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• The doctor is in

The only thing I am not really liking so far is from what originally sounded like just a little more Star Wars in Tomorrowland now sounds like Star Wars will flat out be replacing Tomorrowland. How much you want to bet before too long Space Mountain will be Star Wars themed. I can imagine Space being turned into a warp speed coaster or something.

I don't think the proposed attractions sound all that bad. Just think of it this way... Endor, the Cantina, and the Millennium Falcon are all original trilogy stuff. At least it won't be full of prequel junk like Star Tours is now.
    I personally don't mind them potentially ripping out Autopia. It's outdated, it smells horrible, and it takes up way too much room. I haven't been on it since I was a kid because I can drive a real car.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• film975

What Tomorrowland needs is more originality. Not a Star Wars makeover.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by jibbly View Post

My brain keeps going "Tomorrowland feat. Star Wars"

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Disney93

Can someone please clarify exactly what is happening with the astro orbiter? I know they are removing it from its current location in front of the land, (finally right?!) but from what I understand, they are placing it in front of Space Mountain? Like where the que area is? If so, I think this is a horrible idea. The view of the mountain should be unobstructed by anything.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast