Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Micechat Update: The new GAC, More Details Star Wars,

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post

My brain keeps going "Tomorrowland feat. Star Wars"

Maybe "Tomorrowland, presented by Lucasfilm". Lol

Seriously, who knows what will really happen. I expect I'm in a minority, but I hate to see the Autopia go.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    EXACTLY. If Autopia leaves, my heart will break. I understand it's outdated, but sheesh, just update it!

They did! It's called Radiator Spring Racers.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

The following pic is a few years old and before Disney bought Star Wars. I wonder if Miceage just combine two separate ideas, old plans for a Star Warsland in DL Paris and the upcoming plans of adding Star Wars to TL at Disneyland Anaheim. In the pic, you will see a Rocket Jet style ride in the proximate location where the Space MT Concourse would be .
    The re-Imagineered Rocket Jets spinner is currently planned to land up on top of the Space Mountain Concourse
    The Millennium Falcon is also near the same place where the old Rocket Jet/PM tower is at.
    The old Rocket Jets spinner and PeopleMover platform gets an extreme makeover, .... The craft that will have landed there ...will be the famous Millennium Falcon that will act as an elaborate walk-through attraction and meet ‘n greet location
    The Death Star is in the same location as Space Mt. I don't see this part of their article being true.

Last edited by mondo; 10-08-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Capt without a ship...

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    "Only one boarding time can be issued at a time, and while they won’t allow you to use the boarding time early, unlike a Fastpass window there is no limit to how late you can be."

*facepalm* Here we go again. What is the point of giving a return time if you can show up 3 hours late.
    The point of this is that they can be late, due to having to take a longer time getting a meal, using the restroom, needing to take a longer break between rides, going back to a room for whatever, etc.

They can only have access for one ride at a time on this pass anyway (with the exception of fastpasses) so its not the same as the old fastpass abuse - they cant get one for every ride then wait to use them all in succession.

• U. B. Bold

My six year loves the Autopia. But I think the Millennium Falcon and the Speeder Bikes on Endor will more than make up for it in his Force-addled mind. Let's see, son... Smelly, slow car or STAR WARS? Talk about a no-brainer. Sorry, only the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia could make anyone pine for the Autopia.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Can we get TRON in DCA then?
    Why? Is Encom located in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Here we go again. What is the point of giving a return time if you can show up 3 hours late.
    Here we go again, what? This is totally different than when fastpass times weren’t enforced and one could go around collecting them for later use. Here, not having a return time is the same as someone with a learning disability being able to take an exam untimed. It is strictly to better accommodate disabilities.

There is really no advantage to not having a return time as a new pass is not available until the previous one is used. If someone gets a Radiator Springs Racers DAS first thing in the morning and wants to use it at 7pm, they won’t be able to ride anything else with a DAS for the rest of the day. There really is no benefit to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    This is taking an original land that Walt Disney designed and changing it to something else
    They already did that in 1998.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I expect I'm in a minority, but I hate to see the Autopia go.
    I'm right there with you! It definitely needs an update, but I don't think it's necessary to take it out completely. I understand that the real estate it occupies is valuable in terms of expansion/new attractions, but I feel that they could just shorten the track and update the cars (switch them to electric).

I think some people have forgotten that the current version of Autopia is essentially a combination of the former Fantasyland Autopia and the Tomorrowland Autopia. Why not just remove the Tomorrowland portion and keep the rest of Autopia open, but as a Fantasyland attraction? As some have mentioned here, they could probably do a neat Wreck-it-Ralph overlay and turn it into something along the lines of Sugar Rush! Plus there would be some opportunities to pay homage to the original concept for Casey Jr. (although one already exists on Buena Vista Street).

Also I was admittingly more excited about the Speeder Bike attraction when it was rumored to be using the existing Peoplemover/Rocket Rods tracks. I get that the structure would have needed to be rebuilt entirely, but it would have been nice to enjoy the attraction along the same route as I remember it (note that I only got to ride Rocket Rods...Peoplemover was before my time!). Part of the thrill of those tracks to me was the fact that they stretched all thoughout Tomorrowland- which is why TTA Peoplemover is my favorite attractions at WDW's MK! But I will definitely take the new rumored version of the Speeder Bike attraction over Innoventions, no doubt. Just hoping that some of these rumors turn out to be somewhat inaccurate.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

I agree that replacing Autopia is just a nobrainer, especially when you think of how much space it takes up. You could almost fit all of Cars Land in there.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    See, this I don't really understand. I'll preface my statement with a solid agreement to the fact that Autopia is sorely outdated. But I don't see how a thrilling dark ride attraction and a slow-moving driving attraction are even remotely the same, other than the theming (cars/automobiles).

For example, in my family there are a couple of family members who don't care for thrilling attractions like Racers, Indy, Splash, etc., but they will go on attractions like Autopia. So I feel like attractions like Autopia are needed to round-out the selection of attraction offerings. Not to mention that Autopia is very interactive, especially from a kid's point of view, since you get to drive the car (even if it is still technically on a track), whereas on Racers you don't drive- the car moves automatically like vehicles on many other attractions.

Again, I get that Autopia is outdated. But why not update it? I think it still serves a purpose in making Disneyland stand out from other theme parks by helping to offer a balanced attraction lineup that appeals to a wide range of ages.

Basically what I'm getting at is that this comparison isn't so great in my opinion. To me it would be like saying, "Oh, Haunted Mansion is closed right now, but at least there's Tower of Terror!" The only similarity between the two is that they're both "haunted/ghostly" attractions. The actual experiences are very different, and the same can be said about Autopia versus Racers (in my opinion).

On the other hand, if we were talking about an Autopia-style attraction (meaning slow-moving, guest-driven cars) to be placed in Cars Land, that would be a very valid argument.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by disney4me2001 View Post
    See, this I don't really understand. I'll preface my statement with a solid agreement to the fact that Autopia is sorely outdated. But I don't see how a thrilling dark ride attraction and a slow-moving driving attraction are even remotely the same, other than the theming (cars/automobiles).

Again, I get that Autopia is outdated. But why not update it? I think it still serves a purpose in making Disneyland stand out from other theme parks by helping to offer a balanced attraction lineup that appeals to a wide range of ages.
    Because at the end of the day, even with an update it's still a slow-moving, guest-driven attraction.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• -

Because at the end of the day, even with an update it's still a slow-moving, guest-driven attraction.
    Radiator Springs Racers cars are not guest-driven. I believe that was the point the poster was driving at.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

No. Not the same thing, at all.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    No. Not the same thing, at all.
    True, I actually want to get in line for RSR

Unsure how updating Autopia would fix it, heard Electric cars, but thats not really 'Tomorrow', we have those currently

Would have to most likely be flying cars
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Mrs. J. Depp

So the rocket jets are going to block the Space Mountain facade?? Thumbs down.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

[QUOTE=DrFink;1057032950]"Only one boarding time can be issued at a time, and while they won’t allow you to use the boarding time early, unlike a Fastpass window there is no limit to how late you can be."

*facepalm* Here we go again. What is the point of giving a return time if you can show up 3 hours late.

The difference is that it keeps the person from getting right on the ride as is now done and makes them wait for their appointment time, and they can not get another appointment time until they use the current one.

They have designed the new system with enough hassles to make it undesirable for most everybody but those that really need it.

Getting an appointment time for a ride which has exhausted it FastPass allotment would be the one upside for someone using DAS that should not be using it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast