Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Micechat Update: The new GAC, More Details Star Wars,

What should happen:

• Astro Orbiter should be placed where the rocket jets were above the people mover loading station.
    • People mover tracks should be re-enforced and Tron light cycles should be put in place using similar technology as the 7 dwarves ride coming to WDW (leaning ability).
    • Nothing should block Space Mountain's facade. It still looks good and futuristic.
    • Autopia should change to electric cars with solar panels above and charging tunnels that charge the cars on the move (still futuristic).
    • Innovations building should be ripped out for a new and Disney original E-ticket ride. Not based on any movie. I want a ride that they base movies on.
    Last edited by DizMagic; 10-08-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added bullets

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Radiator Springs Racers cars are not guest-driven. I believe that was the point the poster was driving at.
    I was referring to Autopia after being updated being a self driven car, not RSR.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Not the Hawkguy

I like most of what that Tomorrowland update is proposing. Only thing I don't like is the Millennium Falcon, and specifically where it's being located. I'm all for more walkthroughs, but it appears that it's going to take over the People Mover track. I still feel, even with the Star Wars upgrades, that keeping the People Mover and rebuilding it as a tour of Tomorrowland works better. Position the Falcon somewhere else, like where the current Autopia loading area.

Beyond that, though, I like the other changes. Moving the Rocket Jets had to happen, and even though I'd put them in the area where the globe fountain currently occupies, the new proposed positioning isn't bad. I assume the Magic Eye Theater will be closed and reopen with a Star Wars-themed show in the future, and an Endor area sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Man, I love Star Wars, but I just hate this idea. Tomorrowland needs to have a balance of Disney Sci-Fi properties, not just Star Wars Land. It's particularly jarring when you've got that Tomorrowland movie coming next year...
    Meesa thinks it will be Jar Jarring
    Name:  jarjar.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  29.2 KB

This seems like a good idea. You don't "fix" the jumbled theme, but you do make people excited by going big on the Star Wars stuff people want--M Falcon, Endor speeder bike ride, and a chance to eat at the Cantina.

The best news really is that this Endor ride will not be digital, which means they will recreate the forest and likely have animatronics. That I think is pretty awesome.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I got a bad feeling about this. I keep wondering where MiceAge gets its info from. A lot of this sounds like a fan's wish list compared to real information on how Disney is gonna redo Tomorrowland. Coming from a Star Wars fan here, I really don't like the idea of re-themeing Disneyland's Tomorrowland to it. It just doesn't make any sense. I always regard what I read on here as pure rumor and speculation until Disney makes an official announcement.

Anyone see this DisneyParks Blog post about the Iron Man attraction at Hong Kond Disneyland?

Marvelā€™s Iron Man Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2016 Ā« Disney Parks Blog

If you re-theme Disneyland's Tomorrowland to Star Wars, you won't be able to put an awesome-looking attraction like that in there.
    I think that the rumor is basically fan derived, some of the stuff doesn't make sense, such as putting a spinner on Space Mountain's concourse? Isn't that basically the roof of the 3-D theater? Here's the blurb:

Disneyland fans will cheer when they learn that the Astro Orbiter will be torn out and removed from its current location at the front of the land, which only served to make that area of the park feel more congested and claustrophobic instead of kinetic and full of energy. The re-Imagineered Rocket Jets spinner is currently planned to land up on top of the Space Mountain Concourse, tying in with a repurposed Starcade upper level next door.

Weren't the astro-jets moved because guests were spitting and throwing junk off the jets as they spun, and they fell all the way down, causing a mess and guest complaints? Anyway, its kinda expensive to put a spinner way up in the air to begin with.

Some fans don't like where the Astro-Orbiter is, but I doubt that its going to be moved anytime soon (it sure was built to last as Tomorrowland beginning act for a long time), and where it is, it does add kinetic energy to this area of Tomorrowland, the old entrance was more sedate. The Astro-Orbiter does serve a purpose as a visual berm between Tomorrowland and the hub.

Also . . . Ewoks? There are a lot of timeless lands in the Star Wars universe, but the Ewoks were in the old trilogy, Return of the Jedi from the 1980's, I think Uni would be more likely to put in a Ghostbusters land than Disney would with regards to putting in an Ewok village. Maybe a wookie homeworld area (if that world is explored more in the film), but ewoks? I really doubt that . . . the ewok villages also featured these small buildings (ewok-sized) so guests couldn't go inside them . . . Not at all sure that the subs showbuilding could support something like that anyway.

Also, Autopia is still popular, doubt it is going anywhere, and it is above the subs, which surely aren't going anywhere, plus didn't Microsoft just renew the lease on Innoventions?

Also, why would Disney change the Space Mountain queue? It would be really expensive to move it . . .
    Last edited by chesirecat; 10-08-2013 at 02:37 PM.

I wonder if maybe Disney wants to gradually phase out DL's TL and create a new one in the 3rd Park in the form of the Stark Expo, which has a very Tomorrowland type feel to it.

• Unhelpful User

Full Ewok village? lol awesome.
    I always wished that facade thing in Hollywood Studios was more realised. Now it seems like an advertisement for this project.
    And trust Disney to take the most Disney element of the Original trilogy to base a ride around

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    My six year loves the Autopia. But I think the Millennium Falcon and the Speeder Bikes on Endor will more than make up for it in his Force-addled mind. Let's see, son... Smelly, slow car or STAR WARS? Talk about a no-brainer. Sorry, only the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia could make anyone pine for the Autopia.
    Autopia is built above the Subs showbuilding, or at least a good chunk of it. Autopia has a Fast-Pass, and its a rite of passage for little kids, the really small kids, i.e. 3-5, might not yet "get" Star Wars, but they sure get the idea of driving a car as they've seen their parents drive them.

So . . . Autopia is uber popular, and it is a relatively light weight attraction above the Nemo Subs showbuilding, hence the attraction ain't going anywhere. Disney knows they'll have a lot of complaints from parents of little kids if they take out the Autopia. I think an upgrade would keep the attraction fresh, but it doesn't need it yet given the long lines, but would help from an artistic angle.

Given Buzz Lightyear, Iron Man possibilities . . . don't see Tomorrowland getting Star Wars land at all. If anywhere in Anaheim, it would go into a third gate, IMHO.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    ...Also . . . Ewoks? There are a lot of timeless lands in the Star Wars universe, but the Ewoks were in the old trilogy, Return of the Jedi from the 1980's, I think Uni would be more likely to put in a Ghostbusters land than Disney would with regards to putting in an Ewok village. Maybe a wookie homeworld area (if that world is explored more in the film), but ewoks? I really doubt that . . . the ewok villages also featured these small buildings (ewok-sized) so guests couldn't go inside them . . .
    Sad to say, Ewoks in Tomorrowland makes perfect sense when one considers the amount of power that Disney Consumer Products wields in the Company, and the youth-demographic that it targets. Ewoks rides, Ewoks walkaround characters, Ewoks plush, Ewoks animated TV series... none of it would be surprising. Remember that Disney Corp isn't run by creatives, it's run by marketers and financiers whose expertise is in marketing brand-name media to carefully targeted youth demographics. Along with Nemo and Buzz Lightyear, selling a Disneyfied Star Wars to kids is a DCP no-brainer -- a marketeering think-alike to Carsland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

This seems a bit short-sighted. There's going to be a minimum of three new films, so why would they build out all of Tomorrowland without their inclusion? I'd imagine that the Star Wars footprint won't be as large as we think, and that it will be a placeholder until a possible third gate. There they could go nuts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Loggins View Post
    This seems a bit short-sighted. There's going to be a minimum of three new films, so why would they build out all of Tomorrowland without their inclusion? I'd imagine that the Star Wars footprint won't be as large as we think, and that it will be a placeholder until a possible third gate. There they could go nuts.
    I totally agree.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If Tomorrowland must indeed be sacrificed for Star Wars......

My wish is that they'd at least do it right:

• ASTRO JETS..............Back on top of the Peoplemover Platform. Theme them with whatever SW accoutrements required.
    • STARCADE..............Fill both floors with Star Wars themed virtual reality games.
    • CAPTAIN EO..............."Space Woookie Jamboree"
    • INNOVENTIONS.............Carousel of Progress. Visit average families living brand new, gadget rich, post-war homes in far flung places such as Hoth, Tatooine, and Dagobah.
    • SKYWAY and POEPLEMOVER...........Competing Coruscant taxi companies.
    • AUTOPIA...............Land Speeders
    • SUBS................Bongo-bus.
    • BUZZ LIGHTYEAR..............Boba Fet: Bounty Hunter!

Those who know me know where my tongue is right now
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

While I love Star Wars and want a land....why can't they just make a third park? Is it that hard? they have billions and they know a Star Wars Park in 5 year time would make back ALL of the money to make it

• Singing Drinker

The more I see reports like this the more I'm believing that MC's being fed info from sources interested in their version being the one sparking the rumormill. The overall Tomorrowland description really really really sounds like an "overall vision plan" to be worked down from rather than a realistic plan of action that has been hashed over and funded.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast